Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nuebot posted:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-me-feel-violated-during-sex
Trying to find articles that cover it better is hard because googling anything related to trump is a nightmare.

"you can't rape your spouse" uhhhhh wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

LifeSunDeath posted:

"you can't rape your spouse" uhhhhh wtf

Fun fact: raping your wife was legal in the US until an embarrassingly recent date.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Samuringa posted:

It's ok to make fun of people who are ugly on the inside.

It’s okay to make fun of narcissists.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Lechtansi posted:

Fun fact: raping your wife was legal in the US until an embarrassingly recent date.

Your grandparents are old enough to remember de jure Segregation.

As a country, we're not great at this stuff.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Voyager I posted:

If you want cringe, I was born one year before the end of the White Australia Policy.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Voyager I posted:

My parents were married three years after Loving v. Virginia

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Double Punctuation posted:

To be fair, the female character won’t be getting a rad mohawk, so why would you ever play as her?

Fallout and Hand of Fate 2 would say otherwise.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I mean, seeing his skull naked there is pretty horrifying, I can see why he's going to pains to pretend he has hair. The man is hideous under there. If he spends more money than any of us can imagine and this is what we end up with, imagine him as a blank canvas. Blugh.

BTW I don't mean to shame uggos, I am one, but he's one of those special ones that shines ugly from the inside-out.

He doesn't even get properly tailored suits, he spends like trash.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Curb: HELLO NEW FRIENDS

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Midnight Voyager posted:

Fallout and Hand of Fate 2 would say otherwise.

Fallout 4 didn't let female characters start out looking like Mad Max extras without installing mods, it was bullshit. Everyone knows the true Fallout choice is always going to be the bright pink mowhawk

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

When welcoming your rag-time gal goes horribly wrong.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Milo's courtcase going about as well as expected:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4369090-Milo-Transcript.html#document/p1

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:laffo:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Summary: 'We're not here to discuss any loving documents, just sit down. Court is adjourned'

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

I never understood those types of bicycles wheels. Racing cars moved on from skinny tyres decades ago. There is 2.5 inch slicks that can corner so hard they could make the pedal touch the road in it's 12 O'clock position even in the rain with disc brakes that can do almost 1g of deceleration yet these guys are still using loving rim brakes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

MiddleOne posted:

Summary: 'We're not here to discuss any loving documents, just sit down. Court is adjourned'

It's like the old saying goes - a man who is his own lawyer has a narcissistic racist paedophile apologist for a client.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I mean, seeing his skull naked there is pretty horrifying, I can see why he's going to pains to pretend he has hair. The man is hideous under there. If he spends more money than any of us can imagine and this is what we end up with, imagine him as a blank canvas. Blugh.

BTW I don't mean to shame uggos, I am one, but he's one of those special ones that shines ugly from the inside-out.

Can he not just get a wig? It'd look way better.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

RatHat posted:

Can he not just get a wig? It'd look way better.

As if a narcissistic racist paedophile apologist* would wear a wig.

* works for 'em both.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Samuringa posted:

It's ok to make fun of people who are ugly on the inside.

Platystemon posted:

It’s okay to make fun of narcissists.

I can't really find fault with either of these.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Ak Gara posted:

I never understood those types of bicycles wheels. Racing cars moved on from skinny tyres decades ago. There is 2.5 inch slicks that can corner so hard they could make the pedal touch the road in it's 12 O'clock position even in the rain with disc brakes that can do almost 1g of deceleration yet these guys are still using loving rim brakes.

Weight is a huge factor. It's not about braking power because hard braking is rarely necessary. But rim brakes are still a couple of grams lighter than even the best sick brakes.
Rolling resistance is also really important. The more grip you have the harder is it to keep the wheel going and you want the wheel to roll as lightly as possible.
Air resistance is also a factor though I don't know how big it actually is when you got a a big unaerodynamic human sitting on the bike. The ideal racing bike is two dimensional.

You only got the power of the human body to move the bike so every little bit helps. Everyone is also roided up to their eyeballs so it's not like you can improve much there anymore.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

The UCI banned disc brakes for a while because they thought they might be dangerous in crashes, but they're back now but some teams aren't using them because of weight and technical issues, the bike weight 6.8kg so there's not much wiggle room in there.

On tyres traditionally they've used 23mm tyres as they give the lowest rolling resistance, which is all that matters. But it turns out that's wrong in real life conditions so now they're getting wider, up to 28mm, for lowest possible rolling resistance and accounting for the rough surface of roads. Now no one is going to go for a 2.5" tyre for a number of reasons, they're loving massive, weigh a ton and have massive rolling resistance. There's no way you're cycling 200km at ~50km/h on 2.5" tyres.

Have you considered that you don't understand it because you're dumb?

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Aramoro posted:

The UCI banned disc brakes for a while because they thought they might be dangerous in crashes, but they're back now but some teams aren't using them because of weight and technical issues, the bike weight 6.8kg so there's not much wiggle room in there.

On tyres traditionally they've used 23mm tyres as they give the lowest rolling resistance, which is all that matters. But it turns out that's wrong in real life conditions so now they're getting wider, up to 28mm, for lowest possible rolling resistance and accounting for the rough surface of roads. Now no one is going to go for a 2.5" tyre for a number of reasons, they're loving massive, weigh a ton and have massive rolling resistance. There's no way you're cycling 200km at ~50km/h on 2.5" tyres.

Have you considered that you don't understand it because you're dumb?

No dude, he's a genius, those teams of insanely dedicated professional athletes and expert trainers and bike builders with decades of knowledge to call on are all morons and should be paying him for his wisdom. (But yes, the UCI has some funny ideas)

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

lol idiots why don't they just DRIVE to the finish line

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

sandoz posted:

What a bunch of bufoons

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

sandoz posted:

Some do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E4vRtC7IcY (watch the lead rider)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Aussie dash cam owners with instant karma and coppers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGcGWkkHsT0

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/bDIH1lP.gifv

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This kills the crab

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Shai-Hulud posted:

Everyone is also roided up to their eyeballs so it's not like you can improve much there anymore.

Oh ye of little faith! http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/claims-of-mechanical-doping-at-the-tour-de-france-in-cbs-60-minutes-investigation/

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gschmidl posted:

As if a narcissistic racist paedophile apologist* would wear a wig.

A lot of them do though :confused:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/0AxwEdU.gifv

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Don Gato posted:

Fallout 4 didn't let female characters start out looking like Mad Max extras without installing mods, it was bullshit. Everyone knows the true Fallout choice is always going to be the bright pink mowhawk

Might have the 'starting as a pre-war suburban middle class person' thing as a reason for that, I assume.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I flinched :saddowns:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...p-a8199891.html

Turns out the king and queen of nerdland were nazis.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

https://www.publicmedievalist.com/sca-swastika/

A lot of "historical accuracy" bullshit being used to justify it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fuuuuh Nibali was my dude. :(

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zesty posted:

Even has the SS symbols, this is very intentional.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

Was the "HH" embroidery also historically accurate?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Is it "HH" or "II"?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

Is it "HH" or "II"?

'Ile 'Itler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Weirdly enough, yeah

quote:

The design came from the baldric of a sword found in 1933 in an archaeological dig in southern Norway. Both the swastika and “HH” elements are documentable to the original. The Hs are the rune Hagall in the Elder Futhark alphabet (used in Scandinavia from the 2nd to the 8th centuries CE). Both symbols were later appropriated by the Nazis. The sword itself has a history with the Third Reich: the Nazis coveted it as an authentic piece of “Aryan” heritage. They even had reproductions made of it. But it was hidden by the Norwegians until after the war.