Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean no one is going to remember the first trailer when the 3rd full TV spot is dropping in September but yeah that was pretty bad and if you don't know anything about Venom you wouldn't have any idea this is a superhero flick except for the Marvel studios logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That might have been too vague even for the crowd that gets hyped just by seeing that Marvel Studios flipbook animation.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Surely they could have thrown a quick bit of cgi together for a quick cut at the end of the teaser.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

irlZaphod posted:

Surely they could have thrown a quick bit of cgi together for a quick cut at the end of the teaser.

This is Sony, maybe they haven't even decided on a final design yet.

Just realized this will likely air back to back with the Deadpool 2 trailer in front of Black Panther that starts with a joke about VFX not being done yet, LOL

Dacap fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 8, 2018

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Venom: Tough Mudder

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The most meta and hilarious origin I can think of them to give is that Tom Hardy is a movie fan who hates super hero movies. And he decides to become Venom after seeing Tom Holland make another Spider-man film.

For bonus points have Toby McGuire play the evil government boss.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well, i didn't really care about the venom movie before seeing that teaser and afterwards i still don't care

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Question IRL posted:

I think Toby McGuire could pull off a fantastic Carnage.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Honestly I feel like Tom Hardy would fit better in a Darkness movie, except the symbiotic death tendrils should definitely be voiced by Mike Patton

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My guess is they needed SOME kind of proof of concept, but they don't want to bother doing any advertising until after Infinity War eats everyone else's lunch.
Of course that implies some sort of intelligent strategy on Sony's end...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/961646372511539200

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Haha what the poo poo is this

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-1202692188/

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly I feel like Tom Hardy would fit better in a Darkness movie, except the symbiotic death tendrils should definitely be voiced by Mike Patton

Sign me the hell up. Patton was fantastic as the voice of the darkness in the games. I haven’t seen any movies with him doing monster noises in a while.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wheat Loaf posted:

The Forbes movie writer who liked the FAILING Last Jedi actually had an article last week in which he talked about how Blade and Spawn "paved the way for Black Panther".

Talking about Spawn and Blade in the same article is its own shading of Blade. :v:

Like seriously, putting aside how I feel about the comic, that movie was not good.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

He’s a good actor and just enough of a crazy person to do the role justice

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The shots of the cars flipping while the bike drives through and the desks being cleared are so obviously missing CGI symbiote stuff that it's like they uploaded the wrong file. Kinda like when that Mummy trailer debuted with audio layers missing.
If I didn't know what was going on, I'd assume Tom Hardy's using force push powers on stuff.

I'm in.
I'm pumped for that Mary Magdalene movie just cause somebody decided he should play Jesus.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Question IRL posted:

The most meta and hilarious origin I can think of them to give is that Tom Hardy is a movie fan who hates super hero movies. And he decides to become Venom after seeing Tom Holland make another Spider-man film.

Toby's Spider-man was great, especially with William Dafoe playing Osbourne, but it still wasn't a perfect Spiderman flick for me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Is that the one Scorcese is producing? Or did I just imagine that whole crazy news story from the other month?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I read somewhere that they once considered Willen DaFoe for the Joker and I don't think any casting will ever top that.

He wouldn't even need any makeup.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/961696034752667648

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Stop it, DC. Just stop it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Perfect choice.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can think of few things I want to see less than a Lobo movie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I understand not liking every comic book character but if you don’t want to see an explosion filled movie about The Main Man then why watch movies at all?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's an amazing choice in directors right there.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I understand not liking every comic book character but if you don’t want to see an explosion filled movie about The Main Man then why watch movies at all?

Counterpoint: I don’t want them to gently caress up The Main Man.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Guess being bad has been the DCCU's brand for so long they've decided to lean into it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I'm surprised he's doing it now that the Rock isn't attached any longer

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dacap posted:

The Rock hasn't been attached for like 3 years.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Michael Bay is a horrible choice to direct any action film, especially one about a character that's satirical in nature.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Michael Bay is a horrible choice to direct any action film, especially one about a character that's satirical in nature.

My dude, watch Pain and Gain.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

What are the odds we get a Pain and Gain caliber movie over, say, a Transformers sequel?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I did. I stand by what I said.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

What are the odds we get a Pain and Gain caliber movie over, say, a Transformers sequel?

Lobo would totally grill his enemies hands. Also AoE is incredible.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dacap posted:

Bay had the last word on The Rock more than 20 years ago. :v:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's your first "rotten" (3/5 star) review.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Now eventually you might have Venom in your, in your Venom trailer, right? Hello? yes?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

AoE is incredible.

Just quoting this for posterity.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well if there is any film where you can have the main hero execute a defeated foe or have him tear the face of an enemy, it is Lobo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
That Venom trailer was just weird. Also, not super psyched for Lobo or a bunch of Liefeld 90's Xtreme comic book movies even though Deadpool was good.

• Locked thread