Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh hey the people behind Gotham are doing metropolis.

http://collider.com/metropolis-tv-series-gotham-producers/

Somewhat more interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What happened to the one set on Krypton?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wheat Loaf posted:

What happened to the one set on Krypton?

Still coming out, theoretically it shouldn't have any crossover characters since the one on Krypton takes place decades earlier, and on the other side of the galaxy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Krypton has a weird time travel plot going on where they already show Adam Strange in their trailer.

Rhyno posted:

A Superman show without Clark Kent. Why waste time on this when Tiny Superman is sitting RIGHT OVER THERE.

It would be pretty great if, in the second season they introduce Clark and it's Tiny Superman.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

muscles like this! posted:

Krypton has a weird time travel plot going on where they already show Adam Strange in their trailer.

It would be pretty great if, in the second season they introduce Clark and it's Tiny Superman.

Unless the guy that plays Jimmy on SG is announced as being on two shows, (or Jimmy is absent from the first season) that door is probably already closed. :(

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

I thought for a second that you said Adam Savage.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

SaintFu posted:

I thought for a second that you said Adam Savage.

think of all those myths on Krypton just waiting to be busted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Please please please please.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

They should have Clark Kent be a recurring character and just have him dashing out of the office all the time with increasingly ridiculous excuses

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Metropolis season 2: featuring Superman's boots at the edge of frame and a special guest appearance from Superman's silhouette.

So Supergirl this week just straight up did Iron Man for a few scenes and it didn't even look bad, which is highly unusual for Supergirl character and costume designs. As a result, I suspect we won't be seeing it much if ever again for the rest of the season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Lex Warsuit looks pretty cool.

Also, Flash literally did the same thing as they did in the Ant-Man and The Wasp trailer had in it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

The Lex Warsuit looks pretty cool.

Also, Flash literally did the same thing as they did in the Ant-Man and The Wasp trailer had in it.

I had just seen the trailer minutes before watching the episode. Incredible.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
All that's left now is for them to make a Superman prequel series about baby Clark's trip to earth and they'll have every aspect of Superman's past covered.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I have not seen the Wasp/Ant-Man trailer yet but I've been having a good time with Flash this season. Call me crazy! Only disappointment this episode was no Killer Frost.

e: also another solid Black Lightning episode. It does have it weak points though... namely:
  • The villain seems like kind of a bitch
  • Come on, you killed the Reverend?
  • Not enough cool lightning action
Also I may be biased because I thought he could travel through lightning powers but I got that mixed up with Livewire from Supergirl and now I can't wait until he does that or I get upset that he never does that.

e2: music was solid again though not breathtaking

TheDK fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 31, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
3 episodes in Black Lightning has one of the strongest early premieres of any superhero show I've seen. I'm pissed it's not a Netflix show so I can see the entire the entire season right now.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TheDK posted:

I have not seen the Wasp/Ant-Man trailer yet but I've been having a good time with Flash this season. Call me crazy! Only disappointment this episode was no Killer Frost.

e: also another solid Black Lightning episode. It does have it weak points though... namely:
  • The villain seems like kind of a bitch
  • Come on, you killed the Reverend?
  • Not enough cool lightning action
Also I may be biased because I thought he could travel through lightning powers but I got that mixed up with Livewire from Supergirl and now I can't wait until he does that or I get upset that he never does that.

e2: music was solid again though not breathtaking

--Tobias? I think that's just setting up the power dynamic. LaLa, Tobias, that new woman whose name I didn't catch, they're all big dogs until we see the next level up in the organization that makes them tremble in their boots. I think it was interesting to show Tobias as just another step in the ladder so early on, we'll see if he goes back to being the major threat or gets resolved as quickly as LaLa did.
--They said he was stable.
--Semi-agreed. What I find fascinating about the show is how is's this tight drama where the lightning's just a part of it. Not enough lightning this episode, but I can't think of a single thing I'd drop to put more in.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Skwirl posted:

3 episodes in Black Lightning has one of the strongest early premieres of any superhero show I've seen. I'm pissed it's not a Netflix show so I can see the entire the entire season right now.

Same

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
BL: Oh man that sex talk scene had me rolling

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/usagiguy/status/961123044554141697

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wish James Wan was not involved.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Black lightning: wait wait wait, before you knock me out... can I get a selfie??

Lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Two things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvnepZS26s

JJ season 2 trailer

and

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't not imagine the home improvement grunt.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I guess I didn't expect Black Lightning to be so black.

Like it's real black, and like good at it too. So many shows either pander too hard or don't "get" it, the black experience or whatever. So far I haven't found myself rolling my eyes, which for a CW super people show is pretty noteworthy.

Basically what I'm saying is kudos to Khadijah's boy Scooter on his new show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I guess I didn't expect Black Lightning to be so black.

Like it's real black, and like good at it too. So many shows either pander too hard or don't "get" it, the black experience or whatever. So far I haven't found myself rolling my eyes, which for a CW super people show is pretty noteworthy.

Basically what I'm saying is kudos to Khadijah's boy Scooter on his new show.

The CW was originally a merger of UPN and The WB. UPN was a pretty black network, most of those shows were jettisoned shortly after the merger but maybe they realized ignoring a huge part of the country wasn't the best idea.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I think it was more "Hey people like that Luke Cage show".
I remember UPN, without all of the black sitcoms CW has more in common with ABC Family... which is trying to be even more like CW not that it's Freeform.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The music in the last BL episode was not great. The intro theme is pretty bad and having the same guy do most if not all of the music for an episode is also pretty bad.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I don't know, I liked it.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Skwirl posted:

The CW was originally a merger of UPN and The WB. UPN was a pretty black network, most of those shows were jettisoned shortly after the merger but maybe they realized ignoring a huge part of the country wasn't the best idea.

I'm still pissed about this as someone who watched Moesha, One on One and Girlfriends.

Girlfriends is still underrated as gently caress and fun fact, Kelsey Grammer (aka Frasier) was an executive producer on the show and helped get it greenlit.

Blackish is good but the Charmichael is now my fav underrated black sitcom that was cancelled too soon. Jay Z producing an episode of Friends (with Charmichael playing Ross) with black actors was fun tho.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 8, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TheDK posted:

The music in the last BL episode was not great. The intro theme is pretty bad and having the same guy do most if not all of the music for an episode is also pretty bad.

What kind of budget/how many composers do you think most shows have for their music?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TheDK posted:

Unless it's Bear McCreary

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Koalas March posted:

Girlfriends is still underrated as gently caress.

Jay Z producing an episode of Friends (with Charmichael playing Ross) with black actors was fun tho.

I didn't give Girlfriends more than a half an episode, felt like a watered down Living Single, and Tracee Ellis Ross got on my nerves(though she's great in Blackish so I guess I was wrong)

Black Friends on the other hand had an amazing cast. As much as I don't care for Friends, I'll watch anything with Lakeith Stanfield.

Anything but Death Note.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I didn't give Girlfriends more than a half an episode, felt like a watered down Living Single, and Tracee Ellis Ross got on my nerves(though she's great in Blackish so I guess I was wrong)

Black Friends on the other hand had an amazing cast. As much as I don't care for Friends, I'll watch anything with Lakeith Stanfield.

Anything but Death Note.

I love Lakeith.. but I haven't watched Death Note either lmao

For record, here's the video we're referencing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCSh48OlvMo

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

zoux posted:

Two things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvnepZS26s

JJ season 2 trailer

and

Second time a Marvel Netflix show used a YYY's song.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So 4 years later and this never happened

https://screenrant.com/dmz-vertigo-comic-tv-series-syfy/

A drat shame as I love that book.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/perezartist/status/962208354411085824

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Rhyno posted:

So 4 years later and this never happened

https://screenrant.com/dmz-vertigo-comic-tv-series-syfy/

A drat shame as I love that book.

You can join me in the What Ever Happpened To bar while I wait for the Queen & Country movie.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

You can join me in the What Ever Happpened To bar while I wait for the Queen & Country movie.

Hey, fellas. I've been waiting for that Madman movie Robert Rodriguez has been sitting on the rights to ever since 2003 or so. I remember when it was rumored to star the actor from one of the biggest movies of 2002, which made me think it could be Johnny Depp (the very first Pirates, which was actually a great stand-alone movie) or Elijah Wood (LotR: The Two Towers), either of whom could have been a great Madman back then.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Elijah Wood probably still can do it, guy hasn't aged a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't that RR doing Madman all rumors and BS that Wizard perpetuated for years?