Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
That reminds me of how in CK2 they made tribals "worse" by having your vassals fight as allies rather than just givin you troops and I was like "holy poo poo this is the best".

Idk, maybe it was meant to be their saving grace but it was amazing as a way to both control your vassals and cut down on tedium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

:siren: Paradox Interactive Will Announce Two New Games At PDXCON 2018 :siren:

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2018-08-02-paradox-will-announce-two-new-games-at-pdxcon-2018

I think we all know what this means. Hearts of Iron 5 and Crusader Kings 3.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Finally, Paradox will release a game covering the Fertile Crescent during the dawn of civilization.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I am not getting my hopes up and you can’t make me

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

ExtraNoise posted:

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2018-08-02-paradox-will-announce-two-new-games-at-pdxcon-2018

May 19-20, according to the link, for anyone else who was wondering.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bold Robot posted:

May 19-20, according to the link, for anyone else who was wondering.
Ugh, of course they announce that they will be making an announcement in three and a half months!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Bronze Age game and MotE II, calling it now

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

Bronze Age game and MotE II, calling it now

Bronze Age nothing. Have you ever considered Crusader Kings...set in the Stone Age?

Every man in the levy is an individual character with thoughts and hopes and dreams!

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

I unironically would love a Stone Age to Bronze Age game.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I had a wonderful time at PDOX con last year. I had the pleasure of meeting Wiz and Groogy, and some other goons. I really recommend it to anyone who can make it. This year I will be moving right around that time frame, so unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make it this year.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

ExtraNoise posted:

No hope for me thanks, I'm on a diet

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Still Waiting On Victoria III

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Oh, so are they finally going to give us dates on The Cartel and Runelord?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Diplomacy II.

For real though, I want Rome 2, but I expect Vicky 3.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Svea Rike Returns.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's been a long time since I was last excited for a Paradox announcement, but actual new games instead of New Unit Model DLC #483 would do it.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah all kidding aside if it's not either Rome 2 or Vicky 3 or both, I'll be very surprised. Surprised and disappointed.

(Could be a Blorg VN dating sim come to think of it)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Paradox Con would probably be one of the few "cons" I'd actually have fun at as sad as that is. Still not paying a couple thousand for the trip and then another hundred or so just to get in. Would be pretty doable if you lived in Scandinavia or even europe in general though.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Would a game by Triumph (Age of Wonders studio) be announced at this con, or is it only for their "core" games?

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
https://twitter.com/producerjohan/status/961601637361037312

feller
Jul 5, 2006

They are so cruel with the teasing I hate them!

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
I wish they did Rome 2, but my prediction is Crusader Kings But In China and EU 5.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
My prediction is that I'll be disappointed it's not Victoria III.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

It's nice of them to say that it's not vicky 3 in that video, and also smart because it avoids possible backlash on the actual announcement.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Oh......

I'll be honest I'm like 98% less excited now.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Sengoku 2

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

johan's next project might not even be a grand strategy game considering how he has talked in recent interviews. And the other game is Triumph's next game, so maybe another Age of Wonders game? (or a similar one if they don't have the AoW IP)

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

johan's next project might not even be a grand strategy game considering how he has talked in recent interviews. And the other game is Triumph's next game, so maybe another Age of Wonders game? (or a similar one if they don't have the AoW IP)

Paradox also own White Wolf and all the vampire stuff so that's another option.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Johan posted:

"We're going to have something far cooler to announce."

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

ExtraNoise posted:

Dare I hope I might have to petition a mod to change the thread title?

VostokProgram posted:

It's nice of them to say that it's not vicky 3 in that video, and also smart because it avoids possible backlash on the actual announcement.

...oh. never mind!

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 8, 2018

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Jeoh posted:

Sengoku 2

Definitely Sengoku 2 and 3.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

VostokProgram posted:

Rome excitement intensifying...

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Something cooler than Victoria could only be Victoria with an expanded scope including a whole other game!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Haha its funny how they tease their consumers who provide their livelihood just because they want more of a product they made before.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Mantis42 posted:

Haha its funny how they tease their consumers who provide their livelihood just because they want more of a product they made before.

Come on man, don't be an rear end. They've said time and again that many of them actually do like Vicky, and that they'll make it when someone at pdx actually comes up with a vision for what the game looks like. Their teasing is not at all malicious or mean spirited

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I think it would be nice to have a game with more of an internal focus than an external map-painting one, so even if they aren't gonna announce Vic 3, I hope that their new game has a similar focus. A bronze age city-state sim would be cool, building up an island in Greece and then teaming up with a bunch of loose allies to burn down Troy.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

VostokProgram posted:

Come on man, don't be an rear end. They've said time and again that many of them actually do like Vicky, and that they'll make it when someone at pdx actually comes up with a vision for what the game looks like. Their teasing is not at all malicious or mean spirited

No it’s actually the meanest thing and I’m crying

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Maybe they just aren't calling it Victoria 3. Maybe it will be V3 or Victoria II or some totally new branding.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Senor Dog posted:

No it’s actually the meanest thing and I’m crying
Do you still feel human?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Maybe they just aren't calling it Victoria 3. Maybe it will be V3 or Victoria II or some totally new branding.

Victoria: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast