Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Philly Special

That's what I was thinking of too.

Maybe the eggplant emoji on the ends and Big Dick Nick's picture in the middle and the text is "Philly Specials"

edit: my old frisbee captain got to hi five Jason Kelce and Mychael Kendricks. I am now forever jealous.

axeil fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

I think I am going to make an Eagles gang tag for everyone in honor of this win when I get home tonight. Any ideas/suggestions?

edit: jesus, look at all the people.

Underdogs

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axeil posted:

That's what I was thinking of too.

Maybe the eggplant emoji on the ends and Big Dick Nick's picture in the middle and the text is "Philly Specials"

I like it but try and include a flash of the play drawing.

Regardless thanks!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I like it but try and include a flash of the play drawing.

Regardless thanks!

I'll do my best!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axeil posted:

I'll do my best!

Hell yeah!

Also
http://twitter.com/nbcsphilly/status/961650835401969664

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Does it really get better than this season?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

Does it really get better than this season?

Yeah. Next year when Carson wins Super Bowl MVP :getin:

edit: :laffo: holy poo poo someone has a Natty Light flag

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone is flying a Naty Light flag.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Someone is flying a Naty Light flag.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
"Women! ...On top of poles!"

Kids are watching, John Clark.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
All this parade footage is warming my cold heart out here in Brooklyn.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Crescent Wrench posted:

All this parade footage is warming my cold heart out here in Brooklyn.

Same, here in DC.

I hope y'all wore green today. I would've worn my Wentz jersey to the office but my bosses would have been mad.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Merrill Reese!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Merrill Reese!

Please don't die immediately after the Eagles win a championship like Harry Kalas did with the Phillies :ohdear:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm 20 yards from the Natty flag

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/leah_mcglone/status/961655095669780480

https://twitter.com/tallmaurice/status/961577807062142978

:cry:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/LacesOutShow/status/961669795400863744

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

I'm 20 yards from the Natty flag

What a time to be alive.

Umm salute it I guess.

Man listening to WIP I heard a lot of callers talking about visiting their deceased parents graves to tell them. :cry:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

What a time to be alive.

Umm salute it I guess.

Man listening to WIP I heard a lot of callers talking about visiting their deceased parents graves to tell them. :cry:

Yeah. I think that really shows just how huge this was for folks around here. The Eagles are an institution. The other only other recent Super Bowl winning team that comes close is probably the Saints when they won and I think a lot of that is from how close the city got to the Saints after Katrina.

Everyone else definitely likes their team (Steelers/Pats/Broncos/Colts/Ravens/Seahawks/Buccs/Giants) but they either have won before or the team isn't nearly as big a fixture in the town.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

I think I am going to make an Eagles gang tag for everyone in honor of this win when I get home tonight. Any ideas/suggestions?

edit: jesus, look at all the people.

I made my own, although it isnt really a gang tag. It's that Facebook post that I posted after the Eagles beat the Vikings and the guy says all Eagles fans are scum and that he hopes each one of them gets hurt.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 8, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you watch the live silver linings playbook , deniros character is not an exaggeration

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

If you watch the live silver linings playbook , deniros character is not an exaggeration

Have you read the book? The book is so good. It's about the 2006 season instead of 2010 and the main character is obsessed with Hank Baskett instead of DeSean Jackson.

it also has a much darker ending where the protaganist doesn't end up with the girl because they realize they're both horribly messed up people and need to focus on getting better rather than dating each other. you also have a shock twist where you find out the reason he can't see his wife any more is because he beat the poo poo out of her

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The last part I thought was sort of in the movie

You could at least infer it .

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

The last part I thought was sort of in the movie

You could at least infer it .

Yeah it's made much more explicit in the book as the whole thing is from the main character's perspective and he doesn't get why he can't see his wife...and then there's a reveal where I think his therapist tells him what he did and it's just real :gonk: and :smith:

They're singing the fight song now! :getin:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

This is gonna be me with my dad's ashes at a Lions parade someday jk I'll also be dead when that happens.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Random flyover from willow grove, while Chris collinsworth is cut out of the highlights

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
This highlight reel is amazing

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So Bird Gang, who's your non-Foles Super Bowl MVP?

I vote either Ertz or Brandon Graham for forcing the fumble.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
gently caress yes they came out to "Dreams & Nightmares" again :getin:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao a national anthem for no reason

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey it’s those M16s the PPD got from DHS and then lost/had a cop take as a retirement gift.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously though this is wonderful and I love every minute of it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

euphronius posted:

Lmao a national anthem for no reason
At least there's an Eagles flag

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nobody wants to listen to Governor Wolf lmao

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Wolf just lost every vote west of State College

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I think they want Doug.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait are those ECW related chants I’m hearing?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
fans are chanting "we want doug" over the speeches the governor of PA and mayor of Philly are giving.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

lmao gently caress off politicians WE WANT DOUG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

Nobody wants to listen to Governor Wolf lmao

That said I’ve come around on him he’s helped making buying beer and wine easier and legalized all types of fireworks in this state. Also semi autos are legal for hunting.

Seriously people go buy fireworks I have some mortars for later tonight.

• Locked thread