Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

queserasera posted:

If it makes you feel any better, when I look at seller feedback less than the top rating, I'm looking for a consistent pattern of seller behavior and ignore all the dipshit buyers whose feedback consists of "did not read description, am mad." It will be okay.

I'm not too mad about, it actually made me laugh at how absurd it was. My mom also sells, and one time had someone claim they couldn't pay because "they were dead".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
1. I should be getting a tax refund and want to buy a new computer.

2. Friend has told me about Sea of Thieves and I want to play.

3. Sea of Thieves comes out about the same time I can get a new computer.

4. My computer is on wifi. The router/modem/DVR is across the house.

5. Friend says we can just run a cable there. Friend does not understand the router is on the west side of the house, my room is the NE corner and no cable will safely reach that far.

6. We used to have a router in the spare bedroom but I can't explain to the Cox provider exactly what box does what on the stack of devices or if we can move the router back to the spare bedroom so I can ethernet cord through the wall direct.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cowslips Warren posted:

5. Friend says we can just run a cable there. Friend does not understand the router is on the west side of the house, my room is the NE corner and no cable will safely reach that far.
How big is the house? Because you can get some pretty long cables.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Mikl posted:

I've had a persistent cough for the past week. It's not bad and I have no trouble breathing (I even ran 24 km this Sunday), but it's annoying and I'll probably have to get some time off work to have it checked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNJ5Krj7SQ

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

How big is the house? Because you can get some pretty long cables.

The issue would be making the cable actually connect through several hallways where cats have free reign.

I might be able to move the router back to the spare bedroom.

FWP: one of my cats is in that teenage rear end in a top hat time and she jumps all over everything, gets into fights, and throws screaming fits if you pick her up to clean her ears. It's like, Koi, you better outgrow this poo poo because I am sick of you knocking things off the counter! Doesn't help my mom gave her a pinch of bread once, so now she wants to eat bread and will tackle wrapped loaves left on the kitchen counter and tear holes in the bag to get the poo poo.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Cowslips Warren posted:

The issue would be making the cable actually connect through several hallways where cats have free reign.

So run it along the ceiling?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Noctone posted:

So run it along the ceiling?

I live in an apartment, we did this to run a cord from the router in the living room down the hallway to my parents room, a straight shot with no twists or turns, and it was still an enormous pain in the rear end. Whatever you're picturing, it's not going to turn out as nice and neat and out of the way as you're imagining. It will still be very clearly HERE BE CABLE ugliness, and Cowslips has to run it 2x or 3x the distance we had to run ours.

Also cats, but my cats never actually showed any interest in mine after it was put up, though mine aren't bread-stealing little demons either :shobon:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Feb 7, 2018

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
What does that have to do with cats

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Putting it along the ceiling is a lot more work, is what I'm getting at.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Noctone posted:

What does that have to do with cats

They will eat the wire.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Aleph Null posted:

They will eat the wire.

Not if it’s run along the ceiling

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Noctone posted:

Oh my sweet summer child. Also I'm betting that Cowslip's menagerie ignores gravity on a regular basis.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Noctone posted:

You underestimate the destructive power of cats.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
What about those wall outlet network things?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

A mesh router might also work.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Noctone posted:

Due to the type of wallpaper we had, our cats could literally climb the walls in our hallway. Soft paws put an end to that.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Welp learned some new things about cats today, and added another reason dogs are superior

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We still need to buy a new couch for the apartment. I can't do that until I unpack all the boxes in the living room. In the meantime we're sitting in outdoor folding chairs and they're uncomfortable.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

What about those wall outlet network things?

Was about to suggest this. They're a good option if you really want to avoid wifi. Just be aware that you can get interference from things like bad wiring and having power-hungry appliances on the same circuit.

I was considering doing this in my living room (PC and modem will be on opposite sides), but then I realized I'll be able to get away with hiding a flat ethernet cable under the living room carpet.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
When I yawn, my left eye waters a little bit. Just the left. So I have a sore patch of chapped skin at the corner of my eye that I can't stop scritching because now it's peeling.

My apt has so many closets that I don't have enough wall space to hang all my art.

And the third party seller on Amazon sent me a paperback despite the listing being for a hardback. Now my set won't be consistent!! <autistic screeching>

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I have great work hours overall, but work a split schedule on certain days of the week. I live incredibly close to work, which is the cushiest commute ever.
Normally I have time to make dinner and watch a 45-50 minute episode of something when I go home in-between afternoon and evening work hours but because of a hold-up earlier I can't watch the show while I eat dinner. Nevermind that I've seen the entire show already before- I feel like I'm not really getting the in-between break that I like and it sucks because I'm used to this downtime as a way to deal with the split schedule.

frogge has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Feb 8, 2018

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

gschmidl posted:

A mesh router might also work.

Looking into this now...any recommendations?

I thought it'd be easy, because we used to have a router in the spare room, but now that I look there, I don't see that the modem was ever there. A few months back a Cox rep said we needed a new modem, so we got one, and it has the router and modem in one box. It's across the house, so I get dead zones in my bedroom too.

Would a mesh router let me play some actual games or should I call the fuckers at Cox and see if they can move the entire box to the spare room? I imagine they'd have to set up some kinda new hookup for the modem, because it doesn't just plug into a wall socket, right?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My hair has gotten long enough (well, more specifically, dense enough) that I need to do the lather-rinse-repeat thing twice if I have any hope of preventing it from looking like I haven't showered in weeks.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Cowslips Warren posted:

Looking into this now...any recommendations?

I thought it'd be easy, because we used to have a router in the spare room, but now that I look there, I don't see that the modem was ever there. A few months back a Cox rep said we needed a new modem, so we got one, and it has the router and modem in one box. It's across the house, so I get dead zones in my bedroom too.

Would a mesh router let me play some actual games or should I call the fuckers at Cox and see if they can move the entire box to the spare room? I imagine they'd have to set up some kinda new hookup for the modem, because it doesn't just plug into a wall socket, right?

I have the Netgear one, which is pretty expensive but speed/ping is identical to the cable I was running across the flat before. You can plug it into the modem via ethernet cable, that’s what I do. Both the base station and the receiver have ethernet ports, too.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Ever since I started eating oatmeal with flax and hemp seed every morning and mostly beans for lunch, I started having unbelievably massive shits. On one side it's amazing because they are soft and my rear end never hurts anymore. On the other side, the shits are so huge that they loving clog the toilet. I had no idea this was possible.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KingColliwog posted:

Ever since I started eating oatmeal with flax and hemp seed every morning and mostly beans for lunch, I started having unbelievably massive shits. On one side it's amazing because they are soft and my rear end never hurts anymore. On the other side, the shits are so huge that they loving clog the toilet. I had no idea this was possible.

That's just your body flushing out all your ~toxins~

But for real, you gotta start practicing the mid-poop flush technique.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's ok to eat less fiber.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Inzombiac posted:

Considering the diet, it probably comes out too fast to practice mid-poop flushing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My township/village/whatever government sent an automated call telling residents about something, due to the incoming snowstorm we're going to get.

What it was, precisely, I don't know, because the automated message talked through our brief answering machine intro, and the ~something~ wasn't recorded.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

KingColliwog posted:

I had similar shits when I was in East Asia and ate lots of greens, I was making GBS threads at squat toilets too so it was heaven. Can't beat it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

The toilets new complex owner put in as part of the renovations are almost impossible to courtesy-flush. It's a button, not a handle, located in the middle of the top of the loving commode that the lid fits around :shepface: good luck reaching that without standing up.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Inzombiac posted:

Aleph Null posted:

Considering the diet, it probably comes out too fast to practice mid-poop flushing.

I probably have time. Will probably try that next time. It already feels like a dangerous and exciting mission

Mu Zeta posted:

It's ok to eat less fiber.

But it's delicious and healthy food :( And soft poops are great. The problem isn't the food, it's toilets not made to get as much poo poo in one go as I would usually produce in 4-5 days! I need a more powerful toilet!

Grevling posted:

I had similar shits when I was in East Asia and ate lots of greens, I was making GBS threads at squat toilets too so it was heaven. Can't beat it.

That must indeed be heaven.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The toilet at my workplace has an absolutely idiotic design. It has two buttons, one for a "big flush" and one for a "small flush". Small flush is used when you just have to pee and uses up half the tank, big flush uses the whole tank and is for something with more heft than simply urine. So you save water and everything's fine, right?

Wrong.

Because who designed the toilet is a moron, when you use the small flush button it doesn't fill the tank to capacity afterwards. And of course a half-tank flush isn't enough to make poop go away. So it often happens that when I go take a poo poo I press the big flush button only to be rewarded with a short, weak flow that isn't nearly enough to wash off my massive poop; I then have to wait for the tank to fill up, press the big flush button again, and say bye bye to my poo poo, using up one and a half tanks of water in the process.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The toilets new complex owner put in as part of the renovations are almost impossible to courtesy-flush. It's a button, not a handle, located in the middle of the top of the loving commode that the lid fits around :shepface: good luck reaching that without standing up.

Just sit on the toilet backwards.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The fuse got lit on what is potentially a gigantic drama bomb at work.

It involves somebody that I recently realized is a horridly toxic coworker and I'm 100% in the right in the situation but said coworker I expect to be petty about it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mikl posted:

It has two buttons, one for a "big flush" and one for a "small flush". Small flush is used when you just have to pee and uses up half the tank, big flush uses the whole tank and is for something with more heft than simply urine.
The way you're describing this makes it seem like this is an unusual design to you. Isn't every toilet like this? Aside from really old ones?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tiggum posted:

The way you're describing this makes it seem like this is an unusual design to you. Isn't every toilet like this? Aside from really old ones?
Nnno? Maybe in other countries, but here in FREEDOMLAND:patriot: our shitters only have one button/handle.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Tiggum posted:

It's not an unusual design for me, I'm describing for those who don't know it. What is unusual is that the tank doesn't fill back up after a small flush, so if you poop after someone has peed, you end up using one and a half tanks of water. Thus wasting water. This was my FWP.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Tiggum posted:

I’m in canada and have only seen the two flush thing once.

I live in quebec where we have more fresh water than pretty much anywhere on the planet so that might be why

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
hurt & jealous to be left out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I never saw a two flush toilet until later in life but I remember when I was about ten thinking it would save so much water for a small flush and a larger flush depending and telling my science teacher my idea and how great it would be and how much money I would make. More fool I. Anyway that teachers dead now.