Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Wait a second, cooler than Victoria?

Victorian Secrets release confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Do you still feel human?

The betrayal I felt when Johann announced it would not be V3...

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Soft reboot Victoria. Pre-order to get a season pass to the Victoria Videographic Universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RJyAGggsgE

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Jazerus posted:

Victoria: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Victoria: Victorian Forces IV: Victorian Knight III: Victorian Outcast 2: Victorian Academy

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
They've actually licensed the Temerare novels and they're making a Napoleonic era Dragon game, where the focus will be on dragon breeding, management combined with land and naval warfare

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

They've actually licensed the Temerare novels and they're making a Napoleonic era Dragon game, where the focus will be on dragon breeding, management combined with land and naval warfare

Divinity: Dragon Commander already exists

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

LordMune posted:

Victoria: Victorian Forces IV: Victorian Knight III: Victorian Outcast 2: Victorian Academy

Make Rome II, but call it.... Vae Victoria

:getin:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Man, forget history. Forget pre-history! You guys remember SimLife? The announcement is gonna be that Paradox bought the rights to develop its sequel.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Would unironically love the poo poo out of this.

But now I'm stuck with the fact it'll never happen, you monster. :(

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

In this daring new Paradox studios release you can now play as a common soldier in any battle from our current titles. Just press the participate button to initiate an instance of Paradox Trooper. Fight in the Viking Shieldwall or pilot a post-singularity warship, the choice is yours.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

They’re actually announcing Vicky 4.

Vicky 3 was abandoned when Paradox realized all its 4th entries are better than their 3rds.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
paradox better not release a bronze age game and totally steal my mod's thunder. maybe I should work on it faster.

Anyway I'm actually not uninterested in the Triumph game too, Age of Wonders is great.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ZearothK posted:

In this daring new Paradox studios release you can now play as a common soldier in any battle from our current titles. Just press the participate button to initiate an instance of Paradox Trooper. Fight in the Viking Shieldwall or pilot a post-singularity warship, the choice is yours.

only if it allows you to influence battles you have in the other games

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

only if it allows you to influence battles you have in the other games

you kill the opposing general after shaterring the armies flank, but you rolled 4 zeroes in a row so you lose anyway

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Crusader Kings MMORPG?

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

The Narrator posted:

Crusader Kings MMORPG?

Online multiplayer incest simulator.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tomn posted:

Man, forget history. Forget pre-history! You guys remember SimLife? The announcement is gonna be that Paradox bought the rights to develop its sequel.

I would legitimately play a Paradox developed SimEarth remake/spiritual sequel.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I'd love this. Although I think it might be hard to modernize beyond being a neat little $9 indie toybox game. Expectations have changed a lot.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

It would have to be Spore, But Not poo poo to be worth a full $40-60 price tag and development cycle

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Crazycryodude posted:

It would have to be Spore, But Not poo poo to be worth a full $40-60 price tag and development cycle

Well, it's Modern Paradox. That's almost assuredly what we'd get, so Paradox Does Spore/SimEarth is my new thing I need in life.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
SimAnt but it's crusader Kings 2

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Tbh it's probably be from one of their smaller devs, right? Like, their Mars game or the one about groggy WW2 battles

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Looking forward to Sword of the Stars HD announcement, Kerberos + Paradox back holding hands, kissing, laughing at the beach

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
It'll be Sengoku 2 and Sword of the Stars 2 HD, which is actually an expansion for Stellaris and adds in features such as ships surrendering to asteroids and the ability to crash to desktop when you open the research tab

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Don Gato posted:

It'll be Sengoku 2 and Sword of the Stars 2 HD, which is actually an expansion for Stellaris and adds in features such as ships surrendering to asteroids and the ability to crash to desktop when you open the research tab

Also, researching English sets your labs on fire.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Ms Adequate posted:

Well, it's Modern Paradox. That's almost assuredly what we'd get, so Paradox Does Spore/SimEarth is my new thing I need in life.

That would be my thing too. Back in my day I actually preferred SimLife to SimEarth, but with technology being what it is I bet both could be blended together quite nicely! My nerdy biology dream is that one day a game would be able to simulate something fairly small... like say a valley, and you’d be able to tinker with weather patterns, food distribution, and natural disasters and be able to sit back and watch how life evolves there.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I just want Rome 2.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Dirk the Average posted:

Also, researching English sets your labs on fire.

In hindsight, choosing "Computer, begin auto-destruct sequence, authorization Picard 4-7 Alpha Tango." as the first phrase to be successfully translated was a poor choice.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

That would be my thing too. Back in my day I actually preferred SimLife to SimEarth, but with technology being what it is I bet both could be blended together quite nicely! My nerdy biology dream is that one day a game would be able to simulate something fairly small... like say a valley, and you’d be able to tinker with weather patterns, food distribution, and natural disasters and be able to sit back and watch how life evolves there.

considering that bioinformatics has completely transformed our ability to mathematically model genetic systems and evolution since those games came out, something much more sophisticated and realistic could be created today

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Paradox Interactive presents: Pharaoh, but with multiplayer

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Crusader Kings 3, with player-defined province borders (and ergo peace deals for land),

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Paradox please buy out dwarf fortress thank you VERY much

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

SimEarth II: Magma Mundi

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

LordMune posted:

Victoria: Victorian Forces IV: Victorian Knight III: Victorian Outcast 2: Victorian Academy: Rome 2

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Arrhythmia posted:

I don't think anyone has enough money to do that.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 9, 2018

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Arrhythmia posted:

Someone offered Toady One money for the name/licence way back when. It was before that ultra light Dwarves game came out from Paradox. It's possible they wanted to slap the DF name on that, so they may have already tried this.

Morol
May 21, 2007

It is going to be a crusader king like game in fantasy setting.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Should I hold out on any deals for the latest two EU4 xpacs? I have an itch to play again and Mandate of Heaven actually looks pretty cool.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Morol posted:

It is going to be a crusader king like game in fantasy setting.

Westerosi Lords confirmed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

EU but with gundams

admirals are newtypes