Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Trying to make too much heads or tails of MMPR will just result in pain. You have stuff like how Alpha was originally built by Masked Rider’s grandfather, but eventually it turned out Zordon had spares. Either that or Zordon was collecting a set (there’s an Alpha-4 in a box when Goldie and Rito are roaming the command center’s basement) and Masked Grandpa was like, “I heard you’re collecting these, but missing a 5 model.”

I choose to believe that the reason Alpha is so obedient is Zordon threatens to send him back home, where there will be no audience and he’ll be cleaning up Ferbus poop for a century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Basically by the end of season 3, the Power Rangers have long since learned to just ignore whatever weird poo poo is going on.

Half of them are homeless or temporally misplaced, one of them might be a clone, more than one of them has been a monster, giant sized at that, they've helped Santa Claus, been inside story books, found ancient Ninja powers that predate the concept of Japanese Ninjas, Tommy may or may not be Native American due to adoption? and no one is really sure how old anyone is anymore.

Jen would just take one look at this tangled mess of bullshit, scream, and do her best to focus on whatever stupid paradox dragged her there THIS time specifically.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

Guys, I’m beginning to think PR isn’t a show with very consistent rules or world building :|a

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Burkion posted:

Basically by the end of season 3, the Power Rangers have long since learned to just ignore whatever weird poo poo is going on.

Half of them are homeless or temporally misplaced, one of them might be a clone, more than one of them has been a monster, giant sized at that, they've helped Santa Claus, been inside story books, found ancient Ninja powers that predate the concept of Japanese Ninjas, Tommy may or may not be Native American due to adoption? and no one is really sure how old anyone is anymore.

Jen would just take one look at this tangled mess of bullshit, scream, and do her best to focus on whatever stupid paradox dragged her there THIS time specifically.

Alex would just destroy the 90s.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Jen is also good friends with a talking robot owl and spent several hours in a storyarc that involved Jindrax and Toxica.

She'd be fine.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Jen is also good friends with a talking robot owl and spent several hours in a storyarc that involved Jindrax and Toxica.

She'd be fine.

If Jen were tasked with trying to straighten all this out she would be pissed. That’s just MMPR. Dino Charge has time travel shenanigans as well, since they sent Ivan and Koda back to their times but they also popped back up in the epilogue with the implication that they can return to the present day at will. She’d love that!

Also, Jindrax and Toxica were good villains in both Gaoranger and Wild Force. I really liked them a lot.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They are good villains. They just run on nonsense, as is befitting of the most Team Rocket-esque duo of Power Rangers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are they pretty much the only villains that just decided "gently caress it" and walked away from the whole thing?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Are they pretty much the only villains that just decided "gently caress it" and walked away from the whole thing?

I guess you could argue Camille and Jarod did that (leaving aside the ending of Gekiranger).

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

Trying to make too much heads or tails of MMPR will just result in pain. You have stuff like how Alpha was originally built by Masked Rider’s grandfather, but eventually it turned out Zordon had spares. Either that or Zordon was collecting a set (there’s an Alpha-4 in a box when Goldie and Rito are roaming the command center’s basement) and Masked Grandpa was like, “I heard you’re collecting these, but missing a 5 model.”

Then Alpha 5 built and programmed Alpha 6 based on what he thought was cool.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Zedd posted:

Eric is offscreen bullying Bulk and Skull since he is still in full-on dickmode.

You know, if he bullied the two of them long enough, I think I'd put money on Bulk and Skull.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MisterBibs posted:

You know, if he bullied the two of them long enough, I think I'd put money on Bulk and Skull.

Hell, the OG Ranger crew would beat the poo poo out of Eric if he really pushed it.

They did not like bullies, even when Bulk and Skull were the ones being bullied.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The og ranger team would buy Eric milkshakes and say they need a fresh start until he relented.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Please do not bully Bulk and Skull, they are good boys

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

If Eric had been the OG Green Ranger, would they have been able to tell when he was free from Rita's control?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Then Alpha 5 built and programmed Alpha 6 based on what he thought was cool.

Speaking of continuity, at some point Alpha 6, a sentient robot, was turned off, disassembled, and then stuffed in a box where he was forgotten about for nearly a decade. He now presumably works an unpaid position in Adam's dojo.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
Been slowly going through your Minimalist Power Rangers, LizWiz. Thanks for all your hard work!

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
It always bugged me that they just left Aisha in the past. It’s like the girl in Heroes when they go to the bad future and she gets stuck there and then peter goes back and fixes things so that timeline no longer exists, with her in it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

So if history corrected to have Aisha grow up in Africa, did Tanya replace her in history? Or is that another mystery in the "Hobo Rangers" continuum?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

So if history corrected to have Aisha grow up in Africa, did Tanya replace her in history?

I think that's the implication as I don't believe Aisha is ever mentioned again after MMPR ends.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 9, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rubiks Pubes posted:

It always bugged me that they just left Aisha in the past. It’s like the girl in Heroes when they go to the bad future and she gets stuck there and then peter goes back and fixes things so that timeline no longer exists, with her in it.

She wasn't in the past though, she was in the present

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What was the behind the scenes reason for that anyway, did Karan Ashley express some desire to leave the show or something?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 9, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

What was the behind the scenes reason for that anyway, did Karen Ashley express some desire to leave the show or something?

According to PR Wiki,

quote:

Aisha was written off the show because Karan Ashley decided she could not handle the production scheduling. Karan was promised 10 episodes but was given a lesser amount.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Larryb posted:

What was the behind the scenes reason for that anyway, did Karen Ashley express some desire to leave the show or something?

I met Karen Ashley at a convention years ago and asked her about it. She told me she had no clue they were just writing her off like that. She even found out some of her friends were auditioning for her replacement.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Didn't Johnny Bosch basically get Tracy Cruz the new yellow ranger part in Turbo because she was his girlfriend at the time, then basically the moment he left the show she ghosted him?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
If we kill Samson maybe we can make him into a Samson Arrow that shouts wildly wrong and racist opinions at people at the speed of light.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Didn't Johnny Bosch basically get Tracy Cruz the new yellow ranger part in Turbo because she was his girlfriend at the time, then basically the moment he left the show she ghosted him?

Yeah, and basically stole his car iirc.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The best thing is his opinion on the matter is basically "worth it"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Twitch chat enthusiastically agrees with that assessment, from memory.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Unfortunately that leads to bullshit like people showing up at cons and asking her if she eats baby skulls or whatever. She stopped going to cons for years because people harassed her about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That sucks. Plus Skull never got turned into a baby anyway.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

On the topic of production schedules, I'd love to see the complete calendar for a season of sentai. They pump out so much content, it's got to be overwhelming. 50ish episodes, movies, live appearances, commercials, ADR, I can't even imagine the pace the actors are running at.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This came up on my feed with a "Remember when well coordinated fights mattered to Power Rangers?" comment.

https://twitter.com/tokugifs/status/961663167154868226?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 9, 2018

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MisterBibs posted:

This came up on my feed with a "Remember when well coordinated fights mattered to Power Rangers?" comment.

https://twitter.com/tokugifs/status/961663167154868226?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

And it was American footage so they actually didn't just use poo poo from the Sentai

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God drat that's good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That sucks. Plus Skull never got turned into a baby anyway.

Surprisingly considering the other stuff he got turned into and how wacky the plots could get.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Lightspeed resque was solid overall tbh. It was the first real season disconnected from Zordon and an adjustment but it was pretty cool imo.
Supertrain Megazord reveal was the best. :rock:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I remember when LR aired on the twitch chat, people were impressed more than they expected.

Carter does not gently caress around.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

MisterBibs posted:

Carter does not gently caress around.
While Linkara's History of Power Rangers is hit or miss, every time in later seasons he suggest just handing Carter 2 guns to fix the issues he is pretty on-point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Was Koichi Sakamoto doing the American choreography at that point or did he come later?