Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
For aggro management I like to bait the tank while I build up greased lightning to let him think he has a lead, then it's time for IR BH ROF aggro steal. If I die I complain that he didn't hold aggro and if he takes it back I complain that I needed aggro to proc ROE.

If I need to use diversion I have a series of macros and sound effects that play to let the tank know I'm helping him and he should be sure to thank me.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Mr. Nice! posted:

Some things hit really loving hard that require a lot of effort, but those things are pretty rare. On a boss fight unless your healers are just flat struggling to keep you up (which means you may need to adjust cooldown usage a bit), you should be in tank stance as little as possible.

It makes sense to pop it on if you need to get hate mid-fight because the MT dies or something and there are hots up, but generally speaking you can stay in DPS stance most all of the time.

Gotcha, makes me feel dumb for not figuring out this before.

This will be fun, I was already matching or even out-DPSing the OTs I've been running into in pub groups so maybe now I'll just blow past them.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My experience with Byakko is that I missed the boat and everybody still in clear parties is terrible

I didn't miss the boat on O6S though which feels like a better use of my time in the end

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chaosfirev posted:

Gotcha, makes me feel dumb for not figuring out this before.

This will be fun, I was already matching or even out-DPSing the OTs I've been running into in pub groups so maybe now I'll just blow past them.

Oh yeah in pub groups (meaning I'm guessing mostly non-savage content) you'll be outdpsing dps routinely as MT w/o grit even if you need to toss an occasional power slash out.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

My experience with Byakko is that I missed the boat and everybody still in clear parties is terrible

I didn't miss the boat on O6S though which feels like a better use of my time in the end

Byakko clear groups were awful on patch day too. Primals that release on the same day as a raid tier are just never going to attract the best players.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

WrightOfWay posted:

Byakko clear groups were awful on patch day too. Primals that release on the same day as a raid tier are just never going to attract the best players.

Nah, it's more that raid groups just do 8-10 clears to get their weapons and then never do them again unless they're mount farming.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just got my first Tigerdaddy kill after finally deciding to bite the bullet and get him done today.

Totally didn't have several groups that died to enrage at 20%

DEFINITELY didn't have one that died to enrage at 50%

Got my RDM weapon on my first kill so it's 9 more for my WHM one and then I'm done I guess, anything else will be a bonus for me.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
i just let our warrior pull so i never have to worry about tank stance ever.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So because I so rudely did a shame post here, have a feel good one

:unsmith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Fractal's not too hard to pick up, but good work all the same. :golfclap:

Also, that dumb cat from The Fringes quest came back in the Ananta Quests today. He wants me to throw even MORE live grenades at him. :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 8, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Very_Merri/status/961512378893570050

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it happened again

expert roulette
monk
using tornado kick as soon as he hits greased lightning 3

he forgot about using it for a little while and monsters started dying at a reasonable pace until he remembered it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

How do you wipe three times on Labyrinth of Ancients? How are people this bad at the game?

How!? :argh:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

You haven't missed any boats, I've been getting goons first clears all week.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Rhymenoserous posted:

You haven't missed any boats, I've been getting goons first clears all week.

Yup, had my first clear yesterday with 4 other goons and 3 pubs. Took one instance of time to actually learn the fight, then we were able to pretty reliably farm it for a bit.

Overall positive experience

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Yeah, no boats are missed. Once you get your clear, you can join Byakko farm groups and still wipe repeatedly.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How do you wipe three times on Labyrinth of Ancients? How are people this bad at the game?

How!? :argh:

Easy:

1. Atomos Schmatomos, this is old content, we don't need to "step on the pad". What do you mean the other party's enemy is invincible? They just suck, look at them wiping to the adds!
2. Uh, this video I watched from 2013 said all I have to do is stand by this tower. Why should I be the one that grabs the Iron Giant? Getting him is someone else's job, I'm busy clicking this thing every 30 seconds. Not my problem he just cleaved all the meteors, the party just sucks!
3. Look we got to Phlegethon I'm not about to start giving a poo poo on the last bo*ANCIENT FLARE*

*ANCIENT FLARE*

*ANCIENT FLARE*

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I just did LotA recently and noticed then that it's suddenly a 3 tank instance now. When did that happen?

Thanks to that, Bone Dragon is a complete mess every time now. I guess they severely nerfed the skeleton damage, because there is literally zero chance they don't all explode on the dragon, every time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
LotA remains the best instance they've ever made

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

HenryEx posted:

I just did LotA recently and noticed then that it's suddenly a 3 tank instance now. When did that happen?

Thanks to that, Bone Dragon is a complete mess every time now. I guess they severely nerfed the skeleton damage, because there is literally zero chance they don't all explode on the dragon, every time.

That's because there's no point in bothering to try and separate them anymore, and making them slower and trying to kill them just makes it take longer. Stack all together on the center circle so healers can just spam heal through it and you're fine. It ends up cutting a good minute off the fight, it's great.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Okay what the gently caress, DoL/DoH i260 stuff STILL only gives grade 4 materia??? The hell you gotta do to get some grade 5 materia around here?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

HenryEx posted:

They did that in order to make it more Alliance DR-able.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

HenryEx posted:

Okay what the gently caress, DoL/DoH i260 stuff STILL only gives grade 4 materia??? The hell you gotta do to get some grade 5 materia around here?

you gamble garbage 5s and sometimes hit it big with a crafting/gathering VI.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Making the best of my HW fashion situation.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

you gamble garbage 5s and sometimes hit it big with a crafting/gathering VI.

I didn't even dare dream of any 6's, but come on why is lv 65+ equipment still converting to grade 4 materia. drat it SE.

At least i'm now reasonably sure i will never, ever have to craft a palladium nugget again. I got future-proofed.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Chaosfirev posted:

Yup, had my first clear yesterday with 4 other goons and 3 pubs. Took one instance of time to actually learn the fight, then we were able to pretty reliably farm it for a bit.

Overall positive experience

I was your raid caller :sun:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I am not quite happy with the legs and feet on that bottom one and open to suggestions.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Man gently caress gearing up as a bard in the new 4.2 stuff. Bunch of the best pre ex gear is crafted. Like the body set but I'm broke as poo poo. Maybe J should work on making a bunch of crafter main hands and selling them

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

ChaseSP posted:

Man gently caress gearing up as a bard in the new 4.2 stuff. Bunch of the best pre ex gear is crafted. Like the body set but I'm broke as poo poo. Maybe J should work on making a bunch of crafter main hands and selling them

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I swear dungeon gear used to be a lot closer to raid-usable than it is now. Like 20-25 ilvls off of best in slot and enough to make the ilvl check for Coil/Savage with a couple of tome or 24-person gear pieces.

Also, Byakko EX went a lot more smoothly with a mix of pubbies and chill goons. And me remembering that AST is way easier than SCH for fights where you just need to spam single target heals while on the move, even if dropping back to it feels like surrendering.

the stars foretold that this was inevitable though.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
was wondering why this doma castle run was going so slow :negative:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I swear dungeon gear used to be a lot closer to raid-usable than it is now. Like 20-25 ilvls off of best in slot and enough to make the ilvl check for Coil/Savage with a couple of tome or 24-person gear

Sadly the only body gear with crit is the crafted gear. Maybe the BiS site doesn't have them up for some reason.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I'm just thankful that the only savage drops needed for bard are two left side and two right. Last tier was so awful. I was the last person in my static to hit BiS because of bad luck and having to use pages on everything except an earring.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 9, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I'm trying to think of ways that SE is going to work Omega into the final tier of the Interdimensional Rift without cutting the legacy showcase on past games short, and I've got four ideas.

-Sensible idea: Rather than pick things from one game, we get three final bosses from previous games, followed by Omega.

-Devil's Advocate idea: Four bosses from one game. Omega is unfought in the last raid tier, and is instead an Ultimate trial.

-"Goddamnit, SE" idea: They screw the established pattern and gives us three bosses from one game, followed by Omega. (The mostly likely IMO, because SE.)

-"GodDAMNIT, SE" idea: Omega completely poofs from the plot, unfought. (I don't think this is possible because they've been building up to the battle over the whole Sigmascape tier.)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So as a SMN do I have to manually switch Ifrit off attacking and drag his rear end out of melee range any time a point blankAoE comes up

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Pets are immune to most aoes I think

e: this led to a funny situation where titan egi was the best tank for ramuh ex until a hotfix because the tankbuster was a pain to deal with but counted as an aoe

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think it'd be weird to kill Omega in a Raid given he was a part of ARR and HW. Maybe you fight him, but he still gets away? I dunno.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

So as a SMN do I have to manually switch Ifrit off attacking and drag his rear end out of melee range any time a point blankAoE comes up

Nah. Honestly don't worry about it. It's pretty hard to get your pet killed.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Omega Omegascape, featuring 4 different iterations of Omega/Omega Weapon

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Blockhouse posted:

The only time your pet is going to get killed by AOEs and void zones is Labyrinth of the Ancients. Most of the rest of the time they should be fine.

And if not what else are you realistically gonna use Swiftcast on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

The only time your pet is going to get killed by AOEs and void zones is Labyrinth of the Ancients. Most of the rest of the time they should be fine.

And if not what else are you realistically gonna use Swiftcast on?

Fitting an extra cast into your Dragonmode, obviously.