Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I find that reviewer... kind of annoying, but still better than Emgo? Is that weird? I think that's weird.

Not weird, IMO. Emgo is max tier awkward nerd cringe factor. It's a shame, because he's really good at explaining complex transformations but I just can't take his weird sing-song fake British accent poo poo that he uses to cover for his lack of an actual personality. I wish he'd just, y'know, talk instead of doing the verbal equivalent of bad tap dancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have a similar reaction to TJ Omega

He's fine, at least I don't know anything about him that makes him a lovely person, but he's very awkward in a not super endearing way. He's just not fun to watch because his personality and the way he comes across. He seems very knowledgeable on a lot of stuff and again I don't know what stupid thing he has or hasn't done, but he just puts me off. Though I do like it when he gets genuinely happy about a toy and he digs into obscure stuff more than others

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bobby Skullface can get hosed. Watching his videos is what I imagine having eyeball and ear cancer at the same time is like.

Felzbug's gimmick got old after the 4th video of his that I watched.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Keldroc posted:

Not weird, IMO. Emgo is max tier awkward nerd cringe factor. It's a shame, because he's really good at explaining complex transformations but I just can't take his weird sing-song fake British accent poo poo that he uses to cover for his lack of an actual personality. I wish he'd just, y'know, talk instead of doing the verbal equivalent of bad tap dancing.

Yes, he'd be a go-to for reviews if he just spoke normally. His videos are decent on mute if you need a transformation to follow.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Basically all I’m hearing is that I should just stick with Thew.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

Basically all I’m hearing is that I should just stick with Thew.

Thew and peaugh are the only ones I watch regularly, although I also like Ben now and again. peaugh is no-frills and kind of a klutz at transforming stuff on camera, but he's thorough and at least he doesn't make my ears bleed.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TheDK posted:

Yes, he'd be a go-to for reviews if he just spoke normally. His videos are decent on mute if you need a transformation to follow.

Pretty much. At least that way I'm not constantly thinking how much of a loving idiot he is for not knowing 'transparent' is a word.

Thew's videos are great, Peaugh gives no-frills reviews that cover new poo poo before it's out, and Ben is good for 3rd party/ko/being happy even when life is poo poo.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I looked at PotP Rodimus in the store today, but all I could think about was how Rhyno was talking about the KO MP Hot Rod being 35 bucks on Amazon so I went home and bought that instead, since Rodimus looks sorta poo poo and that Hot Rod is a pretty cool looking toy.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Thew's videos aren't so much reviews as they are both sides of a conversation with a mate about your shared favourite toy TBH. It's a very different experience.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The only good children's toy YouTuber is that muppet dude

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I don't like Ben because his Diaclone reissue reviews make me want to buy them and I don't need another thing to collect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm the lone person on this but I don't like Thew.

Yeah yeah.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Yeah yeah.

As Thew would say

That's fine!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I hit the US in a few days, what’s the likelihood of seeing an Overlord on shelves?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I hit the US in a few days, what’s the likelihood of seeing an Overlord on shelves?

He's been getting clearanced everywhere. Target has blown out most TR stock. You might find one at a Wal-Mart but I don't know man. Will you be anywhere you can receive mail? Or visiting anyone that would let you ship a package to them?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I haven't been on the hunt in a while. No clue bro, sorry. Which parts of the US? Might be worth it to check the TFW sighting boards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just searched Amazon and saw a bunch of TR deluxes are $35 or more already. That's making my rethink my "maybe I can skip out on PotP waves" stance. Best to buy them at retail prices rather than risk missing out right?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ll be down in Louisiana (and maybe some Texas) for a couple of weeks, showing my other half around. I have a mail drop address there, if need be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I’ll be down in Louisiana (and maybe some Texas) for a couple of weeks, showing my other half around. I have a mail drop address there, if need be.

Well you could buy one from Amazon for $43 shipped and have it waiting for you. You did say your SO won't want to hit every single store right? Wouldn't you have more fun spending time with them instead of toy hunting every day?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Of course, that doesn’t stop me looking in the occasional store.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Just got my NBK Hook! Holy poo poo Giftlove is awesome, super fast, I must have got one of the first ones. Even threw in some Decepticon logo labels.

He’s a pretty dope robot, but man transforming for the first time was a little hairy. I got some major stress marks on the thin grey plastic that holds his front wheels. One of them I just gave up trying to bend it around cause it looked like it would snap.

Waiting on my son to get home from school before combining for the first time - the light-up eyes are gonna blow his little mind.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Of course, that doesn’t stop me looking in the occasional store.

By occasional do you mean daily trips or hourly? :)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The_Doctor posted:

Eh... I wouldn't keep your hopes up. He was the last wave and I never saw him in the wild. I bought him at a con. The chances are pretty low but you might get lucky.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I just searched Amazon and saw a bunch of TR deluxes are $35 or more already. That's making my rethink my "maybe I can skip out on PotP waves" stance. Best to buy them at retail prices rather than risk missing out right?
I think 2-3 are pretty safe to see on sale since they'll round out the holiday shipments, but 4-5 are going to be hard to find yeah

They have tuned pretty closely to what demand actually is and I don't think we're going to see the ebay clearance explosion that CW did.

When is that movie series they've been talking about for months coming out?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Yeah yeah.
I don't really like any YouTube reviews, so I'll support you on that. I don't dislike him, they're all just whatever. Except the puppet guy, gently caress the puppet guy.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Eh... I wouldn't keep your hopes up. He was the last wave and I never saw him in the wild. I bought him at a con. The chances are pretty low but you might get lucky.
I never saw Overlord in stores either. Saw Black Shadow a bunch back in the early waves, but otherwise it went from shelf-warming Blasters and Soundwaves to empty Leader-class slots.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I got Vector Prime. He is a thing. I don't really know what to say about it. I also got legion RID Heatseeker who is cute, and deluxe Thermidor, who is awesome. So chuffed to find that dude. Sorry to Woking goon, he was the last one in TRU last weekend.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I guess I’m one of the few who can stand emgo reviews, he is just too positive about things. I can stand jobby too but not as much; way too much references to him jerkng off and his ‘sexy’ anime fan art. At least his reviews are usually quick.

You know what? Not enough women reviewing Transformers on Youtube.

And you know what else? Runforthecube should do a Transformers video.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The MSJ posted:

And you know what else? Runforthecube should do a Transformers video.
I think I hate you for making me aware that this exists.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Disco De Soto posted:

Just got my NBK Hook! Holy poo poo Giftlove is awesome, super fast, I must have got one of the first ones. Even threw in some Decepticon logo labels.

He’s a pretty dope robot, but man transforming for the first time was a little hairy. I got some major stress marks on the thin grey plastic that holds his front wheels. One of them I just gave up trying to bend it around cause it looked like it would snap.

Waiting on my son to get home from school before combining for the first time - the light-up eyes are gonna blow his little mind.

Wow that's fast. Here's hoping mine is on the way too, and then I can finally combine him and have absolutely nowhere for him to go oh god why did I buy another devastator

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

1) pretty sure suggesting this is a hate crime
2) we all know this would end terribly
3) equality doesn't mean we have to bring other social groups down to our level. We could rise to theirs for once.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wow that's fast. Here's hoping mine is on the way too, and then I can finally combine him and have absolutely nowhere for him to go oh god why did I buy another devastator

Good luck! Seems like there weren’t too many sent out in the first batch to sellers.

He’s pretty imposing when combined, but only when standing still. The waist is quite loose, the cock cover keeps popping out and if he gets more than a slight lean on its all over.

Love the eye light and the screaming face.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

forcing women to get into Transformers is just cruel and unusual punishment, and you are a sick, sadistic bastard for even suggesting that

anyways that reminds me of a funny story. A friend of mine goes up to me and he's like:
"Hey man, you really like transformers and you are an expert on it. I'm interested in seeing what it's all about. What should I watch? Do the old cartoons hold up?"
and then I just bluntly reply "No." and he just bursts out laughing because that was not the answer he expected

Transformers is trash and I loving love trash, but out of courtesy and respect to my friends, I do not invite them to swim in a dumpster with me unless they already like doing that

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

forcing women to get into Transformers is just cruel and unusual punishment, and you are a sick, sadistic bastard for even suggesting that

Gobots was always the more representative franchise anyway.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Phy posted:

Gobots was always the more representative franchise anyway.

Somewhere out there, there's some sicko who kidnaps women, ties them up and forces them to watch Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Imagining a form of torture that horrible makes me want to throw up.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gammatron 64 posted:

Somewhere out there, there's some sicko who kidnaps women, ties them up and forces them to watch Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Imagining a form of torture that horrible makes me want to throw up.

Don't judge me

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I think it's time to take off, nuke the thread from orbit.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Burkion posted:

Don't judge me

Mr. Plinkett??!

I didn't know you liked Transformers, I thought you just liked Night Court

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SpikeMcclane posted:

I think it's time to take off, nuke the thread from orbit.

Time to follow the Autobots to Earth!

Deceptions...! Retreat!!!!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gammatron 64 posted:

Mr. Plinkett??!

I didn't know you liked Transformers, I thought you just liked Night Court

Goddammit, now I want Plinkett to review the Transformers movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Goddammit, now I want Plinkett to review the Transformers movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rfup0XKx7o

but nothing beats their transformers 5 review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGU2dBKEj50