Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really wish I hadn't listened to whoever said to play SOTC on hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
HZD The Frozen Wilds question. Did quest that gave me upgrade slots for my spear. Do these spear upgrades now become enemy drops or do you only get them from other quests? Been playing for a while and have not seen any more.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure they become regular drops. I think I got some spear upgrades in the base game on NG+

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pretty sure I got spear upgrades before I ever upgraded my spear

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Okay, cool. Playing through the DLC after beating the game way back in April. Having fun and Scorchers are kicking my rear end.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

veni veni veni posted:

I really wish I hadn't listened to whoever said to play SOTC on hard

If you have played it before and know the battles they will be over in 5 seconds on normal. If you haven't played before all it really is just another spot on their body.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Over There posted:

If you have played it before and know the battles they will be over in 5 seconds on normal. If you haven't played before all it really is just another spot on their body.

Am I crazy in thinking the grip seems much smaller than normal?

I've played it before but I forgot basically all of the solutions except 4 of them. Which is actually kind of nice it's like playing again for the first time in that regard.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

veni veni veni posted:

I've played it before but I forgot basically all of the solutions except 4 of them. Which is actually kind of nice it's like playing again for the first time in that regard.

Have you been getting the lizard tails and fruit?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Are SOTC Pro players playing on performance or visual mode? My TV isn't that impressive so I just stuck with performance for 60FPS.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
actually just a quick thing now it’s brought up: is there any point upgrading to a Pro if the TV in your living room is 56”/4K but not HDR?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

actually just a quick thing now it’s brought up: is there any point upgrading to a Pro if the TV in your living room is 56”/4K but not HDR?

You’ll still benefit from frame rate and resolution, so if that is a selling point go for it. There’s also an awesome GameStop exclusive (IIRC) white PS4 Pro.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

tbh the base PS4 can do HDR. the Pro is for 4k

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Tip for SOTC: Eat Lizards

Tip for MGS3: Eat Lizards

Tip for MHW: Eat Lizards

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Has anybody tried to stream any of the Yakuza games from PS Now? I gave it a shot with Saints Row 2 and the connection was just way too unstable for it to work for me, but it’s also been well over a year since I last gave it a shot. I have the Yakuza games on PS3, but I just don’t feel like doing updates and using a DS3.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

unless your internet is better now than it was then, I really doubt it'll go any differently for you

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Tip for SOTC: Eat Lizards

Tip for MGS3: Eat Lizards

Tip for MHW: Eat Lizards

Tip for Dark Souls: Eat wizards

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I've got what I feel like is a good guess to what the golden coins in SotC will unlock. The usual guesses of things like the cut colossi seem a bit silly to me. Anyway, my guess:

One of the trophies is for making it to the door out of the Forbidden Land. I know for a fact that this is impossible in the earlier game versions. That door connects to the gigantic bridge that leads into the top floor of the temple. The door at the top of the temple has always stayed shut except during cutscenes, so the bridge has always remained inaccessible and is just there as a large piece of beautiful scenery for the most part.

If you go to the inside back of the temple and climb the curved ramp to the top then you'll see that the door is closed, like it always has been. Thus my guess is that the coins open that door.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

...! posted:

I've got what I feel like is a good guess to what the golden coins in SotC will unlock. The usual guesses of things like the cut colossi seem a bit silly to me. Anyway, my guess:

One of the trophies is for making it to the door out of the Forbidden Land. I know for a fact that this is impossible in the earlier game versions. That door connects to the gigantic bridge that leads into the top floor of the temple. The door at the top of the temple has always stayed shut except during cutscenes, so the bridge has always remained inaccessible and is just there as a large piece of beautiful scenery for the most part.

If you go to the inside back of the temple and climb the curved ramp to the top then you'll see that the door is closed, like it always has been. Thus my guess is that the coins open that door.

Which 'earlier game versions' are you referring to, because I know from experience that you can walk all the way across the bridge on the PS2 version. There's a wind that blows you back when you make it to the end, but it's something you can do.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Nah. Unless your PS4 is one of the old models without an Eject button, that's a good enough reason to upgrade :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

precision posted:

That's exactly it, Big Credit Card Processing is a real industry dominated by one company (I used to work for). They charge between $1 and $2 per internet transaction.

This is also why some convenience stores have signs that say "Minimum Credit Card Purchase"

Does this former employer share initials with a famous nazi-beating president?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Awesome PSN maintenance. I love not being to do a loving thing on my PS4

I can't even launch YouTube loving hell

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FAUXTON posted:

Does this former employer share initials with a famous nazi-beating president?

Nah, it shares a name with an interstellar catastrophe.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uh is PSN down for anyone else

verbal enema posted:

Ok good it's not just me. Well, not good but

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

verbal enema posted:

it's great since i can't even play any of my games because of gamesharing. woo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uh is PSN down for anyone else

Ok good it's not just me. Well, not good but

I'm mad!!!! I want to play DBFz!!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I can't play ANYTHING not even Miku!! drat it Al

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I played Friday the 13th all evening without any trouble at all, for the first time ever actually :tinfoil:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was gonna play more Monster Hunter with a friend but instead I will play Bloodborne alone

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was gonna play more Monster Hunter with a friend but instead I will play Bloodborne alone

A hunter is never alone COULD NOT CONNECT TO PSN

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My friend's PSN wasn't affected but I am in one of the dead zones apparently

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I was just playing my digital P5 with no problems but condolences to y'all.

Just finished the sixth palace. I'm 99% sure it doesn't work out this way but if Akechi was the one who betrayed me I'm gonna kick that nerd's rear end.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

codenameFANGIO posted:

I played Friday the 13th all evening without any trouble at all, for the first time ever actually :tinfoil:

Is that any fun single player? I don’t mind missing out on the social aspect I’m just wondering how the difficulty works.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Things are working again for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is that any fun single player? I don’t mind missing out on the social aspect I’m just wondering how the difficulty works.

Isn't is MP only? Or at least SP is just MP matches with bots?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

a7m2 posted:

SotC is a really good game and I'm enjoying it a lot, but the way people treat it ITT is a bit ridiculous. For example, plenty of games did horses better than this one. I think the horse is fine but it's really not great by any means. Maybe it was great when it was originally made, but it's not anymore. If "the horse in SotC kinda sucks" is the worst opinion you've read in 2018 you're living a very sheltered life.

:wrong:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think my initial extremely nit picky problems with the SOTC remaster are pretty much down the toilet at this point. Playing a modern version of it just outweighs any little minutia they hosed up by such a wide margin it just doesn't feel like it really matters. They did a really drat good job with it.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

CordlessPen posted:

Completely useless answer: The Nier: Automata preorder (I think) dynamic theme is magical and has the most awesome music, but you can't get it now, as far as I know.

A few pages back but which theme exactly is this? I have the 2B/9S flight unit themes and the 2B static forest theme (great music) but don't see any other dynamic themes. If you mean the forest one then yeah it's rad as hell.

e: oh christ veni, please change that grody avatar

POLICE CAR AUCTION fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Feb 9, 2018

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

veni veni veni posted:

Isn't is MP only? Or at least SP is just MP matches with bots?

They added a single player Jason mode in recent updates. It's good for practicing maps and strategies as Jason, which is good because recent updates have made playing Jason a hell of a lot harder against player counselors. It's got different difficulty modes too, which range from MLG Pro to functionally braindead.

https://twitter.com/Dr_Drecula/status/942913076591984640

EDIT: There's also technically a second single player mode: the cabin, which is more or less a P.T. clone about exploring Crystal Lake and ends with the reveal that Uber Jason and the spaceship from Jason X are upcoming DLC.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is there a healthy playerbase for F13 on PS4? I thought everyone was playing it on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Huh well that’s sounds alright about the sp but definitely not worth buying until it’s like $10 for me. I’ve always disliked asymmetrical mp but the Friday the 13th theme is so perfect.

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

e: oh christ veni, please change that grody avatar

Hey I love that avatar! It actually synced with my music recently.