Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
What do we have to do to get Ramirez's Pulitzers revoked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
For Ramirez to say he's sorry.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Crabtree posted:

For Ramirez to say he's sorry.

Conservatism lays on a fundamental bed of "Never apologize, apologizing is a sign of weakness." I think it would be best to just put Ramirez and Rand Paul's neighbor in the same room and show him some of Ramirez's most vile cartoons, of which his newest one qualifies.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, who syndicates Ramirez? Cuz that's hosed up.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ramirez has to choose a single political or economic news item that is the most critical to draw for that day and he picked this.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dunno if a Republican shill should be making cartoons about various world leaders’ English skills

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Manuel Calavera posted:

So, who syndicates Ramirez? Cuz that's hosed up.

Ramirez on wikipedia or "'I'm My Own Grandpa' from The Stupids for a TL'DR of IBD I didn't feel like looking up to quote" posted:

Syndication

Ramirez's cartoons were carried in the Los Angeles Times until the end of 2005. Investor's Business Daily carried his cartoons from 2006 until the end of its run as a daily newspaper in 2016.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Is Ramirez a fiftysomething man or a middle school kid?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Jay Rust posted:

Dunno if a Republican shill should be making cartoons about various world leaders’ English skills

Jiffletta
Dec 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jay Rust posted:

Trapezium Dave posted:

Ramirez has to choose a single political or economic news item that is the most critical to draw for that day and he picked this.

Why are people here acting like Trudeau hosed up? He made a joke, and the woman he was telling it to laughed and appreciated it. This wasn't a mistake, no matter how much the alt right need it to be to screech about political correctness gone amok.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I still can't believe how loving upset right wingers are about Trudeau saying peoplekind instead of mankind.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Good thing that label is there, because it looks more like he drew Franken by mistake. You're getting your Deep State agents mixed up, buddy.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Jiffletta posted:

Why are people here acting like Trudeau hosed up? He made a joke, and the woman he was telling it to laughed and appreciated it. This wasn't a mistake, no matter how much the alt right need it to be to screech about political correctness gone amok.
I know but it's similar to all the "Obama did a thing" cartoons from pre-2017, except now it's "Canadian Obama did a thing" which makes it even sadder.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

poo poo, even the Bible had Adam making words up for the animals, so you can't even hide behind Ridiculous Biblical Literalism this time.

It's just "having to consider there are other people besides me makes me mad"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

seiferguy posted:

I still can't believe how loving upset right wingers are about Trudeau saying peoplekind instead of mankind.

I know right wingers are assholes and idiots, but why didn't he just say "humankind"?

Jiffletta
Dec 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Trapezium Dave posted:

I know but it's similar to all the "Obama did a thing" cartoons from pre-2017, except now it's "Canadian Obama did a thing" which makes it even sadder.

Did you have a lot of people on here in 2012 acting as if Obama really did just walk up to business people and tell them they never accomplished anything? When I say people here, I'm referring to posters, not politoonists

I'm not surprised that cogs of the right wing propaganda engine are spewing out the bullshit they are programmed to spew out, I'm questioning why people in this thread are accepting it as if it were true.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm excited for someone to turn up in this thread to tell us why saying "retard" is actually good in 2018 since that seems to be a thing on SA now

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That Stiglich is as mean-spirited as it is racist.

Also, go get yourself thrown down a loving well, Ramirez.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

loving die.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

This isn't real right

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

This isn't real right

It's a Tinsley.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RavN1XUUurE

"If we're supposed to view all races as equal, why did we have to get rid of all the Black lawn jockeys? :smug:"? Is that what he's getting at here?

It's almost like there's a difference here, besides the jockey's race...

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

That Ramirez doesn't even make sense. It should be "people-tually" not "peopletally"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Your very premise is wrong, you racist prick

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It's always fascinating to me when the hill someone chooses to die on is lawn jockeys.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

MikeyTsi posted:

Yeah, the Soviets were MUCH better about their indigenous Jewish populations.
Yes. Obviously. What a clever comeback that doesn't at all fall apart if anyone thinks about it for half a second.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

:perfect:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Chip Bok posted:

That would be the same dossier that former FBI Director Comey said contained “salacious and unverified” information.

...but, notably, not "untrue." And the "salacious" part is pretty clearly the piss tape, which he was assuring Trump the FBI wasn't investigating. Meanwhile:

NYT posted:

According to the court documents filed in 2015, the F.B.I. secretly recorded Mr. Podobnyy and another Russian operative named Igor Sporyshev discussing efforts to recruit Mr. Page, who was then working in New York as a consultant.
[...]
Mr. Podobnyy promised through his contacts with Russian trade officials to steer contracts to Mr. Page.

“I will feed him empty promises,” he was overheard saying, according to the transcript.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Just because they are talking about their own kids doesn't mean they aren't thinking of others too, Zelda.

Having kids for me at least made it much harder than before to see kids hurt on the news, like it really loving tears me up nowadays. Before I could ignore it much more easily.

Jiffletta
Dec 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

KillerQueen posted:

That Ramirez doesn't even make sense. It should be "people-tually" not "peopletally"

...what? He substituted people for men in the word mentally.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

:vd: Tinsley you loving waste

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Tinsley's a lot more bearable if you imagine him as Frank from It's Always Sunny.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

His Divine Shadow posted:

Having kids for me at least made it much harder than before to see kids hurt on the news, like it really loving tears me up nowadays. Before I could ignore it much more easily.

But that's the attitude that's the cartoon critizes, that people only cares as long as they can relate it to their own kids.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This JRRose! is so bad I had to post it.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Frying for Trump's hair follicles!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Frying for Trump's hair follicles!

Now that you mention him, Trump is an argument against that study. Or, does he not actually eat their fries? Now that I think about it, I've never seen them mentioned alongside the many unhealthy things he eats from there, and I can't recall seeing them in the pictures of him eating his food either.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

chairface posted:

Tinsley's a lot more bearable if you imagine him as Frank from It's Always Sunny.

Specifically the episode where Frank gets excited because he thinks he has immunity to say the N-Word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Alhazred posted:

But that's the attitude that's the cartoon critizes, that people only cares as long as they can relate it to their own kids.

That's an unfair portrayal, the empathy for other children is real, sure having your kids helps make it more real, but so what? The way this is portrayed it's as if it's all about their own kids, I find it bad and incorrect. In fact the more I think about it the angrier I become about how wrong this comics message is.

This whole thing just reads like a really contrived and made up situation so the comics main character can appear morally superior. And it falls flat on it's face. Usually that's what makes Zelda a good comic, but in this instance I get the impression it's meant to be taken seriously.