Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The end is near, I think. Chapter should end in 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Awwww.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Anime!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

His name is Isaac.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I hope the contact with the bat makes storm god and scrapdragon come into contact with each other

Actually, I don't think we've seen any spirit-spirit interactions have we?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
We just did in the past few pages, actually!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

OK hijack is a little different, though that is a good point

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Lucifer and the shadow spirit interact all the time, just not verbally.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update. Lucifer finds a new protege? Also, Hijack is depressed. I feel bad for the little brain-kid.

Alt-text: it makes me reALLY MAD THat you can't coNTROL YOUR EMOTIONS

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Update. Lucifer finds a new protege? Also, Hijack is depressed. I feel bad for the little brain-kid.

Alt-text: it makes me reALLY MAD THat you can't coNTROL YOUR EMOTIONS

When this chapter started, I was not expecting some bizarre buddy cop film between a lightbulb and a brain to occur.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Someone make a note of that last panel for 2019 when we wrap this chapter up.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Brought To You By posted:

When this chapter started, I was not expecting some bizarre buddy cop film between a lightbulb and a brain to occur.

I wasn't expecting a lot of things when this chapter started.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm confused. I thought on the last page Hijack bailed in spirit trance from Spender. I didn't realize that was him and Spender fleeing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hah, the giant millipede that saved Max from falling off the train was one of Zarei's children, too.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rand Brittain posted:

Hah, the giant millipede that saved Max from falling off the train was one of Zarei's children, too.
Wow, well spotted.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rand Brittain posted:

Oh god drat it

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand Brittain posted:

That was my first thought too, though that happened outside of the barrier if I recall correctly, so I'm not sure; one of Zarei's "kids" being out there on its own seems odd. We'll see, I suppose.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Zarei used to control the ghost train, so she could have left spirits on both sides of the border.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I thought of that, but leaving them unsupervised outside of Mayview still feels a bit weird to me. She could figure that that one can take care of herself, though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eh, it's got a zipper and possibly a consortium onesie on. I still think it's Boss Leader after medium-ing for too long.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"I take no pleasure in teaching this listen." Zack, please fix your text, it took me like ten reread to understand it was supposed to be "lesson".
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-250

Oh yeah, it's time for spirits to debate ethics, something the hovertext is even joking about.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
that last bubble doesn't show a connection to Hijack. Is Spender getting on the debate action too?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
^^^^
I believe that is the intent, yes.

Debating ethics is, in fact, extremely important and a majority of stories would be infinitely more satisfying if the characters did just that.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Paranatural: actually it's about ethics in anime webcomics

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh good Spender is back in control ready to gently caress things up yet again.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

My bingo card was crap, I didn't even get three in a row by the last panel. Anyone else do better?

Also I can't wait to see how Spender effs up next.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh good Spender is back in control ready to gently caress things up yet again.

Hell yeah

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

"I take no pleasure in teaching this listen." Zack, please fix your text, it took me like ten reread to understand it was supposed to be "lesson".
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-250

Oh yeah, it's time for spirits to debate ethics, something the hovertext is even joking about.

You know, I remember when there used to be three egregious typos on every page, and this is the first one I've seen/noticed in a long time. Zack's come a long way.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel there's a second one in "if you hand your moral compass, it will lead you astray"

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Tollymain posted:

i feel there's a second one in "if you hand your moral compass, it will lead you astray"

I honestly can't parse that one. I was able to figure out listen=lesson but this other one just sounds like nonsense to me. Can't figure out what he meant.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
250 pages into a webcomic chapter that started over three years ago and a lightbulb bird is teaching a brain about ethics.

I'm starting to think Zack doesn't really know what they want this story to be

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Xinder posted:

I honestly can't parse that one. I was able to figure out listen=lesson but this other one just sounds like nonsense to me. Can't figure out what he meant.
Three stars it's about being impressionable when your value system is based on others' beliefs instead of developing and sticking by your own.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

250 pages into a webcomic chapter that started over three years ago and a lightbulb bird is teaching a brain about ethics.

I think they know exactly what they want it to be.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Bell_ posted:

Three stars it's about being impressionable when your value system is based on others' beliefs instead of developing and sticking by your own.

The message I took away from it was "if you just do things because you feel like they're the right things to do, you're only going to make things worse for yourself and others"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kabanaw posted:

The comic has been fairly consistent about weird looking things talking about ethics.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Xinder posted:

The text has been fixed and it's a lot clearer now

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Oh yeah, that works way better. I don't know if I'd have ever figured that out before it got fixed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Before and after, it kind of seems like Zack just accidentally a phrase.

Can I also just say that I'm so proud of y'all for respecting their pronouns? :3:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Well Manicured Man posted:

The message I took away from it was "if you just do things because you feel like they're the right things to do, you're only going to make things worse for yourself and others"
Yeah, I realized this when I look at the strip and read the very first line. :rip: me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

tbf it's hard to beat The Good Place when it comes time for an ethics lesson but bless zack for trying