Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Did a 10+1 and it gave me a Gilgamesh and a second delita. Not gonna roll anymore since it's a pretty clear sign that I'm cursed

I got my 3rd Rem and 5th Duke. loving hell, I hate that dragoon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So I only had time for beginner and advanced- does the drop rate pick up for the crafting material or do they really expect you to farm 30k at 100 per run?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Olive is pretty cool!!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My Olive is pretty cool!!

What are your materia?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Daily and Free pull left me Bediled and Russelled respectively, so I decided to do a 10+1 roll out of spite.

BS Sakura AND the Doggo!! :neckbeard:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Whew Olive got good

Going to be a hot minute before I can enhance, and just as well, I need at least one Cloud or an Elf if I'm gonna get a good number. Pretty close to BIS capable otherwise, dagnabbit hit me with some rainbows game

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I can't believe that stupid hairpin is the thing holding me back from 1700+ ATK Olive.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
10 tickets again. #6 got me a doggo. I think the only tank I don’t have at this point is Wilhelm.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Nothing useful on daily, free pulls, and around 15 tickets, so gently caress it, 10+1 it off irritation... two umbrella women and Prishe. Uh, ok? I'd she useful for anything besides the TMR?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

So I only had time for beginner and advanced- does the drop rate pick up for the crafting material or do they really expect you to farm 30k at 100 per run?

The quest changes daily, or at least its clear rewards do, so presumely somewhere down the line the drop rate increases.

Also elt has an enemy spawn that drops like 100+ by itself

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

also the mob that spawns is completely immune to magic damage and at least earth damage so I couldn't do jack poo poo with my t.terras/aileen so good job Gumi

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Daily got me Basch #2 so I'll be set if/when he gets a 7*

11 pull netted me this loving mess:

"Random"

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
loving rip

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

24 tickets, one 10+1 and the daily free and 1/2 got me

The 5* Archer and Tidus #2. I'll take it. Too bad archers are such hot garbage.

Isn't Ang supposed to be crazy with a FD build?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
dog tongue is blue

TM should be a cozy blanket that warms it to a nice healthy pink

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tengames posted:

The quest changes daily, or at least its clear rewards do, so presumely somewhere down the line the drop rate increases.

Also elt has an enemy spawn that drops like 100+ by itself

Oh, why didn't you tell me you just have to clear elite 300 times that changes everything

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

also the mob that spawns is completely immune to magic damage and at least earth damage so I couldn't do jack poo poo with my t.terras/aileen so good job Gumi

100% immune to all elements but fire, and also magic immune, so yeah, I lost my first ELT run because I only use magic damage. :(

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Heads up (besides rear end in a top hat dragons): 350 lapis bundle in the shop gives a ticket, 20x chocolate, 40 energy, and 50k gil. Just don't collect it until you're ready because it isn't energy pots! :ughh:

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i just want a gat-dang CG Sakura, but two 11 pulls and a bunch of tickets has netted me precisely crap.

this is penance for finally drawing a gilgamesh two weeks ago, but i'm happy with my genji gloves.

not even gonna bother chasing the time-limited units. any of them disgustingly OP? dog looks cool, but nothing else stuck out.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

new kind of cat posted:

i just want a gat-dang CG Sakura, but two 11 pulls and a bunch of tickets has netted me precisely crap.

this is penance for finally drawing a gilgamesh two weeks ago, but i'm happy with my genji gloves.

not even gonna bother chasing the time-limited units. any of them disgustingly OP? dog looks cool, but nothing else stuck out.

Doggo is good magic tank and also good boy. Archer is apparently best TDH FD finisher in the game and is estimated to stay that way until 7*.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Cobalt60 posted:

dog tongue is blue

Chows have blue tongues.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Victis posted:

Isn't Ang supposed to be crazy with a FD build?

He is the highest DPT unit currently with the fixed dice full TDH build, dethroning Onion Bro through combination of much better passives and insanely better average damage modifier.

Ang gets almost 80,000 damage on normal attacks (1x) vs. 100 DEF. His rotation with 45% DEF/SPR break, self-fire imbue, and 74% fire imperil has an average 7.0x damage mod per turn. If you can manage to get his LB every 2 turns (easily done by pairing with Yan or using Rikku's Pouch) and can provide the break from somewhere else, his per-turn damage mod skyrockets to 9.5x. The best Finishers currently struggle to break over 60,000 damage on normal attacks and just barely get in the 7.0-8.0x mod per turn ranges, and in comes Ang who is just straight-up way better in both of those ranges.

It's really weird because he's a simultaneous DEF-breaker + imperiler Finisher, like Olive, but is the polar opposite in terms of gear requirements to get to his really bonkers damage numbers.

new kind of cat posted:

Dog is basically Basch without breaks but with self-reraise/cure instead + backup healer + mana battery rolled into one unit. It's kind of gross how good he is.

Ang is a monster for reasons above. Even without the whalebait Buster Style + 2x Marshall Gloves kit, he still soars above other finishers in terms of damage and generally DPS support utility if you have a fire-focused team.

Yan is an alternate and somewhat better version of Rikku.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 9, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

dog tongue is blue

Mrs. Rainbowbeard (and later, Wikipedia, because it seems so weird) informs me that purebred chows have blue tongues.

Also, I found this out because I drew a good boy this morning and talked about it and this was the avenue I was going to use to brag but

werdnam posted:

Chows have blue tongues.

drat you.

Anyway...

Gonna have to shuffle some of my defensive equipment around now that Mystea is probably out of a job.

Office Thug posted:

Dog is basically Basch without breaks but with self-reraise/cure instead + backup healer + mana battery rolled into one unit. It's kind of gross how good he is.

I don't see any mana battery skills in his kit?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't see any mana battery skills in his kit?

His LB maxed out is a 55% MP AOE Restore.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
This a privileged whine, but I have buster style and a marshal glove, but have never so much seen a single Setzer since I started playing in July. At this point I've just kind of given up hope.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Do you guys really use finishers all that much?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Alakaiser posted:

This a privileged whine, but I have buster style and a marshal glove, but have never so much seen a single Setzer since I started playing in July. At this point I've just kind of given up hope.

Sorry but I took them all. I've gotten 13+ Setzers since he was released. Same with Snow, Mercedes, and Nine. I don't want any more of them but the gacha just keeps throwing them at me.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I've used Luneth on Sheratan to kill a fruit, and on that Halloween event boss to skip his sub 40% phase.

So rarely.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Did another 10 tickets and 10+1 pull. First ramza at least? Well, I finally have a bard so thats nice.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Acelerion posted:

Not right now, but its mostly because I cant fit them into the party. But given how strong they are NOW, then having a main chainer/chainer friend and finisher is far stronger than chainer/chainer/chainer friend.

Specially for physical chainers. If you can itemize toward lightning damage then Olive is a insanely powerful addition to a Landu/VoD team.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Acelerion posted:

Not really, but I have so many fun toys to try them out with except for the goddamn weapon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

His LB maxed out is a 55% MP AOE Restore.

:aaaaa: My bad!

Wearing Prodigy Goggles for sure then.

Acelerion posted:

I mostly don't. I find that the chainers usually do well enough on their own and I've almost always got a good defensive matrix going so I can hold out a couple of turns before the chainers finish the job.

Finishers make oneshotting bosses muuuuch easier, though.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

I'd be mad, but really I'm just impressed.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That would have been a decent pull in 2016. :(

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

For me at least I can either kill it with chain/chain or it requires me to slot out so much defense Ive only got room for chain/chain - so no where to put them.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finishers are great for one rounding ELT raid or MK bosses at least.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Dammit, I got
Shadow'd

30k lapis, 40 tickets for 5 rainbows. Rem, Duke, Ramza, and those two. I'm set till 7*, and still have enough for some eventual stepups so I guess I should start stockpiling again. The dog made me weak (plus a magic tank was the 1 thing I was missing)

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I must be at 60+ pulls now between the tickets and a pair of 5k pulls on this banner, plus the occasional daily and free summon pull, since my last rainbow. Elfreeda was the last one on her banner.

Unless the game is just getting all of these lovely pulls out of the way before CG Fina.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

werdnam posted:

Chows have blue tongues.

as a cat person, disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

GatchaRollercoaster.jpgs

• Locked thread