Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
god the connection to the servers is so much less stable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
if you were wondering why you havent found any optics in the last 5 games its because I took them all

and thats the last time i go to the mine

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 9, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm sad I missed that.

In my non-opinion, it would be cool if the plane just randomly kicked everyone out one by one and nobody could choose when to drop.

This is how Arma 3BR worked for most maps, you were kicked out by your join order. It was best to try to join servers with your friends at the same time due to this.

Rex-Goliath posted:

have any of playerunknowns previous iterations included a random spawn? like everyone just spawns somewhere random on the map and you immediately start playing.

it’d be interesting to play a squad game and part of it is trying to link up with your teammates

There was one mode that took part in a section of a large map, and you’d spawn randomly on foot. I think the player limit on this one was like 24 and the area was the size of pochinki.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I won my first match of the season but I can't even enjoy the serene feeling of seeing my 100% win rate because this game is still in early access and it crashed on my first attempt before I even got to the lobby, counting that round as a loss. :frogbon:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Does a 3 kill solo win count as an actual win?

Does it beat a 15 kill performance that ended in a loss in a final squad vs squad?

Does anything matter?

Does it?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Did the redzone bombing density increase or some poo poo? I've died three times to the red zone this week after not dying to it once since early access. Some mad coincidence I guess.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
This was the most blatant hacker I've come across playing on OC, we accidentally queued TPP as well ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PlxeqsoHLs

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
whoa

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
What exactly is this bad_module_info crash that happens sometimes on startup? I just had it like ten times in a row, then it worked fine.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Odobenidae posted:

I won my first match of the season but I can't even enjoy the serene feeling of seeing my 100% win rate because this game is still in early access and it crashed on my first attempt before I even got to the lobby, counting that round as a loss. :frogbon:

Dude this game has been out of Early Access since December.

(Yeah it crashes for me too, when I try to join a game and it shows the PUBG logo, it sometimes just hangs. I can't get the windows GUI back so I have to ctrl+alt+delete and click "log out". Then by the time I'm back in the match, of course the plane is halfway across the map, or I've been dumped out with the other AFK players.)

Edit: One more annoyance - the first time in each game session that I press alt+z to bring up the Nvidia Shadowplay overlay, it also minimizes the game. So I have to do that once before I start the first game, to prevent problems.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 9, 2018

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
A week ago when I first installed this game, NVidia was like oh hey, you're playing PB, here's some neat ways to capture video stuff!

And then it updated, and now it doesn't do that, and also it crashes when I try to change the settings, and I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and...well, there goes my fun video capture experience.

Here's a question that might be very silly but I'm very new: When you kill a dude and he drops a crate...is that stuff all just randomized or is that stuff he had? Because it seems like everyone I kill has an enormous stash of stuff and all I have is some dirty underwear and a pistol.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Just got this game a few days ago and it's pretty nice. It's like the fun parts of rust without the grind. Haven't won one yet but have gotten 4th and poo poo like that. Anyway what sort of guns should I be going for? Is there a difference besides preference in the strength of the assault rifles? I've been using an assault rifle on auto and one with a scope on single shot if I can get it, or a Kar98k for sniping, haven't had much success with the long range poo poo though.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

credburn posted:

Here's a question that might be very silly but I'm very new: When you kill a dude and he drops a crate...is that stuff all just randomized or is that stuff he had? Because it seems like everyone I kill has an enormous stash of stuff and all I have is some dirty underwear and a pistol.

Yes, the crate is their entire inventory.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

flashman posted:

Just got this game a few days ago and it's pretty nice. It's like the fun parts of rust without the grind. Haven't won one yet but have gotten 4th and poo poo like that. Anyway what sort of guns should I be going for? Is there a difference besides preference in the strength of the assault rifles? I've been using an assault rifle on auto and one with a scope on single shot if I can get it, or a Kar98k for sniping, haven't had much success with the long range poo poo though.

If you are good at FPS games, you should be going for an m4/scar with a red dot or holo and a kar98 with a 4x or 8x as your best non-crate loadout. Crate wise, all of those guns are pretty drat good and fun to use.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

credburn posted:

Ideally you should grab the first gun you can find and start killing. It's easier to get good loot off of bodies than searching in buildings.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
Angled foregrip is SO MUCH better than vertical like drat

:hellyeah:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Dude this game has been out of Early Access since December.

Just in name. They wanted to get some of that Christmas sale money. I know I only bought it cause it was finally out of Early Access.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

If you are good at FPS games, you should be going for an m4/scar with a red dot or holo and a kar98 with a 4x or 8x as your best non-crate loadout. Crate wise, all of those guns are pretty drat good and fun to use.

Sounds good to me. I've been using the Scar/AKM mostly so that seems nice. Now to figure out how to get good positioning for the top 5 and I'm set.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

flashman posted:

Sounds good to me. I've been using the Scar/AKM mostly so that seems nice. Now to figure out how to get good positioning for the top 5 and I'm set.

AK is a great close range gun, but its spray is very difficult to control past like 30m, which is why a lot of people don't use it once they find m4/scar. M16 is a very powerful gun if you learn how to use the burst and single fire mechanics. Not as easy as just holding down fire and aiming. chocoTaco (streamer) loves it and is very, very good with it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rumble in the bunghole posted:

if you were wondering why you havent found any optics in the last 5 games its because I took them all

i had this last night almost every game but with AR suppressors. I just couldn't loving stop finding them, my whole squad kept being decked out completely in suppressors and hey here is more and more.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rumble in the bunghole posted:

mother fucker :mad:

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

(Yeah it crashes for me too, when I try to join a game and it shows the PUBG logo, it sometimes just hangs. I can't get the windows GUI back so I have to ctrl+alt+delete and click "log out". Then by the time I'm back in the match, of course the plane is halfway across the map, or I've been dumped out with the other AFK players.)

This never happened to me before, but I started getting it now once I fixed my fullscreen setting issues.

Edit- or maybe it is just the most recent patch...

Varkas fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 9, 2018

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Elman posted:

Just in name. They wanted to get some of that Christmas sale money. I know I only bought it cause it was finally out of Early Access.

What is Early Access if not just a label for buggy games? Now it's a buggy game without the label. I would not longer call it Early Access but I see what you mean and I do hope they fix all the poo poo soon.

BTW someone told me a number of pages ago the loot is good on the islands off Miramar. No kidding. This is what I had after looting just the second island from the north, and hightailing it out on a jetski.

Of course I still didn't win and finished 12th with 0 kills...

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
It was me. I pretty much drop there whenever I can. With duos, we sometimes drop one on each island, hoping we both survive.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It was me. I pretty much drop there whenever I can. With duos, we sometimes drop one on each island, hoping we both survive.

And I drop at the docks on islands other people drop on, so I can take every boat off the island and strand them there.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

And I drop at the docks on islands other people drop on, so I can take every boat off the island and strand them there.

The swim certainly sucks, but it's not a guaranteed death or anything unless you have a far west circle.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
The other day I parachuted onto the island in the far northeast. It's the same one in the lobby. It was interesting but had poo poo for loot and there was no loving boat to get me back to the mainland. I tried to swim back but the blue circle of death closed on me.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Same. When I went, I looted two islands with mediocre loot and no vehicles.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Neutrino posted:

The other day I parachuted onto the island in the far northeast. It's the same one in the lobby. It was interesting but had poo poo for loot and there was no loving boat to get me back to the mainland. I tried to swim back but the blue circle of death closed on me.

Sometimes the loot there can be good but you shouldn't ever land there. It's way better to land in the Northeast and grab a boat to check it out if you want to go there so you can get back quickly.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Neutrino posted:

Are you talking about the island on the Erangel map? Don't go there.

Accretionist posted:

Same. When I went, I looted two islands with mediocre loot and no vehicles.

Loot better :smug:

But, I seriously don't know how you looted both of those islands (assuming you are talking about the big east islands, farthest north one, and the middle one), and came away with "mediocre loot." You would have hit two sets of the concrete buildings that are arguably the best in the game and several warehouses. Along with two of those double rooftop garage buildings that have solid loot as well.

The vehicle thing does indeed suck sometimes.

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
should i be playing fpp

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Are you talking about the island on the Erangel map? Don't go there.

I think it is called Spawn Island.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

should i be playing fpp

yep. less cheaters and an overall more enjoyable experience

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

The hang on loading screen > sign out > restart game dance is getting old. Whatever they're doing with anticheat is loving up the game. Lots of complaints for the same thing on reddit, their forums, and discord. Hopefully they fix it soon

Looks like setting task manager to be always on top might be faster than signing out and back in

E: lol that this game freezes so much that knowing how to kill it the fastest is relevant

It seems to happen to people in duos/squads at the same time, maybe they're A/B testing something server side that sucks

Going to try adding pubg process as an exception in windows defender, it makes sense that it would be throwing false positives depending on the techniques theyre using

Just type "TslGame" in the add process exception box

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 9, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

If you're game keeps defaulting to Asia, stop disabling cookies.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

have any of playerunknowns previous iterations included a random spawn? like everyone just spawns somewhere random on the map and you immediately start playing.

it’d be interesting to play a squad game and part of it is trying to link up with your teammates

I've been in games where one player ends up way far from the rest of the squad and we mount a rescue mission, those are pretty fun.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Just type "TslGame" in the add process exception box in windows defender

I just played 5 games in a row without it locking up, which is more than I've been able to get away with for a while

Step By Step Guide:

Open Windows Defender
Click on these things

Click Add, then confirm

Enjoy your hopefully lockup free loading screens!

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 9, 2018

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:frogsiren: China might be moving over to its own client, off of the steam platform

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I thought they already got and played PUBG through another online client?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
That looks like it's for PUBG mobile (from the iPhone X in that one banner) which is like, a separate thing I guess?