Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I stole this, sia (sorry in advance)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

ancient goblin Nancy Pelosi stood for 9 hours in literal heels so she could save America

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dems hosed up so bad, goddamn this loving party

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Frijolero posted:

Dems hosed up so bad, goddamn this loving party

Literally had everything teed up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
just lmao

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
are the dems just going to be garbage...forever? is there gonna be a reckoning for bad dems, or are they just gonna sit in their positions forever, propped up by moneyed interests? i'm honestly clueless on this one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
cant wait to be told at the next daca fight that actually the last two capitulations were calculated so that they can out-out-maneuver the republicans on oh they just surrendered again

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why even shutdown the gov. if you're going to gently caress it all up???

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Raskolnikov38 posted:

pelosi spent nine hours virtue signaling lmao

And in this very thread we had typical idiots fall over themselves talking about how pelosi totally pwned the republicans because they haven't learned a drat thing since 2008.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BarbarianElephant posted:

This board seems to forget the Republicans even exist half the time. Democrats are somehow responsible for everything bad Trump does, according to the peanut gallery here. It's like blaming a beaten wife for being too weak to protect the kids, instead of blaming the brute who beat all of them.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Repubs are the party of old money.
Dems are the party of new money.

Dems got a stern talking to by their donor base that they can't do a shutdown fight when the dow might be crashing. Keep this up and the reports of Dreamers being violently deported in about a month will surely set the stage for a dem sweep of the 2018 election...

What I'm saying is, just like 2016, the 2018 midterm voting will be mostly characterized by unenthusiastic, low turnouts. Ultimately ending with a nominal majority* in the senate, but still a minority in the house. Expect another round of 2016 "you should have voted for mother, this is all your fault" blaming to take the front seat and drive out any possibility of other narratives on the national level.

*Nominal majority counts bad dems that will 100% vote with republicans anyway; repubs + bad dem count will be enough to be a majority.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the dem donors are getting their money's worth in their quest for full slavery now :abuela:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
like it really is just a case of 'dems may as well be republican controlled opposition' - putting your hopes in these people, and then having them just surrendered, over and over again. what kind of effect is that going to have? all those black people, voting for doug jones, only for him to vote 100% in line with trump. capitulation on dreamers, capitulation on daca, capitulation capitulation capitulation. what is going to happen in 2020?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Reverend Dr posted:

What I'm saying is, just like 2016, the 2018 midterm voting will be mostly characterized by unenthusiastic, low turnouts. Ultimately ending with a nominal majority* in the senate, but still a minority in the house.

impossible. the map of senate races this year is totally dire for dems. low turnout and they are hosed up the rear end.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

are the dems just going to be garbage...forever? is there gonna be a reckoning for bad dems, or are they just gonna sit in their positions forever, propped up by moneyed interests? i'm honestly clueless on this one

AFAIK even if lefties won every primary and general this year most of the party will still be moderates

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rudatron posted:

like it really is just a case of 'dems may as well be republican controlled opposition' - putting your hopes in these people, and then having them just surrendered, over and over again. what kind of effect is that going to have? all those black people, voting for doug jones, only for him to vote 100% in line with trump. capitulation on dreamers, capitulation on daca, capitulation capitulation capitulation. what is going to happen in 2020?

The only way forward to take over the party. No, a third-party is not viable.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Only vote DSA endorsed Dems

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the dems are gonna vote for a daca deal where there’s a lottery system to keep 100,000 dreamers here and then pat themselves on the back and call it a win

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

that chapo quote about how you grow up to fear the father but hate the mother in an abusive household, because she didn't DO anything

nah
Mar 16, 2009

rudatron posted:

theyre going to keep getting elected because no one cares op

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ikanreed posted:

Only vote DSA endorsed Dems

this is dumb

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

AFAIK even if lefties won every primary and general this year most of the party will still be moderates

Yes. But eventually that will change the more progressives that run, refuse to bow to the the dumbass DNC fundraising requirements, and win.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

GalacticAcid posted:

this is dumb

Yes, and?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
democrats of something awful

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

you're not supposed to identify the poster too, ya dink

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

this is dumb

:getout:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Office Pig posted:

you're not supposed to identify the poster too, ya dink

why not. i don’t want people to mistake it for my post lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
where the Democrats of Something Awful are too weak to get a backed candidate onto the ballot that's no reason to not vote, but it is a reason to focus your organizing in non-electoral politics. hth.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i think something terrible is going to happen in 2020. a real disaster. there's gonna be blood. i can't see it shaking out any other way.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Greetings from the death camp

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

rudatron posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rudatron posted:

i think something terrible is going to happen in 2020. a real disaster. there's gonna be blood. i can't see it shaking out any other way.

Lmao it is already happening.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

rudatron posted:

This is a natural feeling, but intuition told me the stock market was supposed to crash 6 months ago

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just went to the bathroom and took a democrat

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Mr Hootington posted:

Just went to the bathroom and took a democrat

Hell, same.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
here i sit my cheeks a-flexin'
givin' birth to the next election

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rudatron posted:

If we are lucky all the blood will be blue, the blood of old money dems, mixed with police.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can’t believe you all watched for years the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan and can’t see what this is. The Democratic Party is now in guerilla mode meaning they don’t have the power to beat the GOP in open battle. They have to fight where they can and if they can’t win they have to escape and move to different terrain.

The worst thing a guerilla army can do is get caught in an open battle they can’t win and get their army destroyed.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
that's a quote from a d&d thread, made without sources btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

update on the weeds facebook page: there is a thread about single layer and maybe half a dozen people (mostly white women) are arguing against it because nobody can guarantee reproductive services will never be cut. so they’re saying we should stick with what we have. when i brought up the sanders (which covers repro and abortion services) plan i was told i was a white man and i always get what i want and women and poc never do and i couldn’t guarantee they would receive adequate services. so single payer is anti woman and anti poc now i guess? but that’s just a couple white liberal women speaking in behalf of all women and people of color.

• Locked thread