Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Crain posted:

This is the kind of D- racism that I just don't get the point of. Raging vitriol I get, targeted hateful slurs serve a purpose, but what is this even? It's almost to the point of non sequitur.

Yes they did treat dogs as a livestock animal in that region for much of history, but it's basically eliminated outside of anachronistic areas in the boonies.

Every country has food cultures that seem weird to us but it always seems to be the non-white traditions that get played up the most. For instance I never see people making a fuss about the French drowning birds in booze and eating them whole.

Fins eat mämmi. They have forever lost all right to judge any countries cuisine.

Mämmi looks like chocolate pudding but then when you get it in your mouth it tastes like someone let crisp bread soak in water and then serve it.

https://i.imgur.com/BFJkTvt.mp4

Katt fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The media, realizing that Trump is looking guilty as sin, is pouring cement shoes for him by reporting the facts. AGC.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/962019350130475013

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Me getting through this thread lol

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jedit posted:

And you did this by saying "hey, maybe he didn't eat something"?

I was making fun of his hair, then went on the fries tangent because I remembered reading some article analyzing how catastrophically unhealthy the McDonald's meals he eats are and fries not being among what it mentioned, and I went down that line of thought instead because I am easily distracted.

I can relate to this one.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

I was going to AGC this but I can't actually read it any other way. What the gently caress is he trying to say?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Unkempt posted:

I was going to AGC this but I can't actually read it any other way. What the gently caress is he trying to say?

I think the message is that the media used to dig for dirt (investigate) but now they just assassinate politicians?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Unkempt posted:

I think it's that the media used to objectively dig for facts before running with a story, but now they're participating in partisan attacks by condemning Trump based on the Steele dossier, which Lester thinks was completely disproved by the Nunes memo.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Poe's law in action I guess.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

loquacius posted:

LOL that Ramirez's take on that is "we COULD be spending this money on ARE TROOPS"

The fact we're funding the government through continuing resolutions instead of passing actual budgets is playing havoc with things like operational readiness and military benefits payments, and Trump's idea for a Soviet-style parade of soldiers would also be a huge expensive headache for everyone involved, so this is a case where Ramirez is actually right.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I mean, just checking here, but absolutely nothing in the dossier has been wrong so far, has it? I think there was a typo in a name or something, but that's it, right?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Unkempt posted:

I mean, just checking here, but absolutely nothing in the dossier has been wrong so far, has it? I think there was a typo in a name or something, but that's it, right?

Pee tape remains elusive but that's the only example I hear.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I think it's that the media used to objectively dig for facts before running with a story, but now they're participating in partisan attacks by condemning Trump based on the Steele dossier, which Lester thinks was completely disproved by the Nunes memo.

Couldn't Trump just step out of the bucket at any time? But no, he even rolled up his pant legs to stand in the bucket.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Unkempt posted:

It hasn't been debunked, but it also hasn't had every bit of it verified. We can't really take everything it says as absolute fact but it's not 100% fabricated like conservatives want us to believe it is either. More importantly and more relevantly to the "fisagate" thing, it's not actually the primary justification the FBI used to get a FISA warrant against the Trump administration, like conservatives want us to believe.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Those breasts are Rall-level unsettling.

So Delonas got AGC’ed into a newspaper. How ‘bout that?

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 9, 2018

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

He made a strawman just to call it retarded. Just let that sink in for a moment.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Zesty posted:

He made a strawman just to call it retarded. Just let that sink in for a moment.

To no one's surprise those criticising forget Trudeau was being ironic when he said that.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I know right wingers are assholes and idiots, but why didn't he just say "humankind"?

Because he was making a joke, and "humankind" is less funny.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Jurgan posted:

Those breasts are Rall-level unsettling.

So Delonas got AGC’ed into a newspaper. How ‘bout that?

Nah, they were going for plausible deniability.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zemyla posted:

Couldn't Trump just step out of the bucket at any time? But no, he even rolled up his pant legs to stand in the bucket.

That's probably the most accurate part of the cartoon.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Afriscipio posted:

Nah, they were going for plausible deniability.
Yep, cowardly fucks.

From the WP article posted:

Late Wednesday, the editor of the Albuquerque Journal issued an apology, saying that while the mission of the editorial page is to spark debate, “this cartoon only inflamed emotions.”
"People just being whiny complainers, no real issue to discuss"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I was reading it as if Trump had poured the cement and was letting the media mix it up on his feet. I didn't even notice it was a Lester until someone pointed out that you were supposed to read it a stupider way.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May and the Brexit negotiations – EU seeks power to impose sanctions on UK during post-Brexit transition period, including suspension of aviation rights"

Telegraph:

Anti-obesity programmes in primary schools 'don't work'

Independent:

Times:

Highlights – and awkward moments – from Winter Olympics opening ceremony

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... the Winter Olympics

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Pththya-lyi posted:

Tinsley probably believes urban legends about black lawn jockeys being markers on the Underground Railroad and/or a commemoration of a black Revolutionary War hero named Jocko Graves who frozen to death watching General Washington's horses: https://www.snopes.com/jocko-lawn-jockey-racist/
If these legends had a basis in fact, displaying a black lawn jockey would be a strong anti-racist, pro-black statement - but there's no concrete evidence backing up the stories. There's no record of a person named "Jocko Graves" existing or of anybody freezing to death while watching Washington's horses; people didn't use the colors red and green to signal "stop" and "go" before WWI and it's really hard to distinguish between different colors in the dark anyway, so lawn jockeys couldn't have been used in the way that the Underground Railroad legend describes. There's just no actual good reason to display a lawn jockey.

Tinsley probably saw a dogwhistle 30-second piece on Fox or Reddit or something and leapt at the chance to own the hypocritical libs who aren't giving equal rights to golliwogs.

"FISAgate," as in the Nunes attempt to smear FISA and the FBI?

I mean, the FISA warrant was for Carter Page after he left the Trump campaign, so why would Lester think that hurts Trump? Unless....

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Other than the three monkeys I have no idea what the symbols on the uniform are supposed to mean in this context.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Samurai Sanders posted:

Other than the three monkeys I have no idea what the symbols on the uniform are supposed to mean in this context.

It's from a character in Casablanca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I assume it's supposed to be the uniform of the corrupt officer from Casablanca? You know, "I'm shocked, shocked, to find gambling in this establishment!" "Your winnings, sir."?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess it’s been too long since I saw it. Did that uniform have pentagrams on it though?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Lester is simple: Media used to investigate scandals, but now they’re ignoring the FBI scandal that is totally real and not a smokescreen because BIASED MEDIA.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess it’s been too long since I saw it. Did that uniform have pentagrams on it though?

I think those are just decorative stars. Risky I know, given the long history of deep, subtle symbolism we see so very often here in the politoons thread.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

On the same film today, Pope:

Former Attorney General George Brandis is off to London to be High Commissioner.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well I guess we know what Branco's fetish is.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Katt posted:

I think the message is that the media used to dig for dirt (investigate) but now they just assassinate politicians?

Of course another ironic part of all this is that at the time the media was uncovering Watergate, the White House was declaring it "FAKE NEWS" and insisting the Post had a clear bias and was just making stuff up that simply wasn't true.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Of course another ironic part of all this is that at the time the media was uncovering Watergate, the White House was declaring it "FAKE NEWS" and insisting the Post had a clear bias and was just making stuff up that simply wasn't true.

Yeah most of these guys would be making the same comics about how Nixon is totes innocent and it's just the DEEP STATE trying to sabotage a great American president

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Uh, you know, if you want to make a Batman or Sherlock Holmes pun, or gently caress even a inverted wise monkeys of "See more evil, say more evil, do more evil" maybe you should stick to one of them? Did he write the name first and then eventually draw something or did he wip this out and edited that in last second when the editor told him ya got's no title anywhere in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Crabtree posted:

Uh, you know, if you want to make a Batman or Sherlock Holmes pun, or gently caress even a inverted wise monkeys of "See more evil, say more evil, do more evil" maybe you should stick to one of them? Did he write the name first and then eventually draw something or did he wip this out and edited that in last second when the editor told him ya got's no title anywhere in here.

:shrug:

I liked it. Especially the smug Ryan.