Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Women_of_Honor/status/959463011328118789

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AKA ROH didn't want to pay to fly two of these women out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is a shame

https://twitter.com/TheAriaBlake/status/959557817551204352

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/gocalldapolice/status/959574829228875778

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

So I can't crash at your place, got it

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

That is genuinely really awesome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They even did it better in 2018.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah that was a really call coolback

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I just realized that Kagetsu has her work cut out for her when she faces Jenny Rose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kagdZqrhMk

For reference, Jenny Rose has been wrestling for 8 years. And is still a worse wrestler than most of the STARDOM rookies division (actual children).

Her cagematch rating isn't very good either.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 5, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't worry a single high vote will have massive impact on her ability and i'll be making it later today

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

DarkstarIV posted:

I just realized that Kagetsu has her work cut out for her when she faces Jenny Rose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kagdZqrhMk

For reference, Jenny Rose has been wrestling for 8 years. And is still a worse wrestler than most of the STARDOM rookies division (actual children).

Her cagematch rating isn't very good either.

I looked over her stats and she really doesn't wrestle enough? 2017 saw Jenny wrestled only 16 times whereas Britt Baker and Priscilla Kelly both worked 40+ matches. Probably due to injury but her overall matches per year sits in the high 20s low 30s range

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
the original big booty muscle princess is walking again!

https://twitter.com/SeleziyaSparx/status/960597609898434561

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/OedoTaiGifs/status/960192328068714501

For those who don't follow STARDOM (which probably isnt many people at this point), Hana Kimura and Tam Nakano (the two girls on the right, with the rice) decide its lunch time in the middle of a press conference. On the left you have Queen's Quest, which is pretty much STARDOM's version of Evolution or a no fun allowed faction. The fact that Queen's Quest is corpsing so hard shows that Oedo Tai was great (they are still cool, but now that they lost Tam, they lost a bit of their shine). That includes Io Shirai, who starts to grin, but quickly realizes she's corpsing and switches to a visibly pissed off face.

Also to give you some insight into how serious Queen's Quest is supposed to be, have Io Shirai beating the hell out of Hiromi(?) with the lasso Hiromi was carrying around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDHQsVt8mx4

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Here are Kagetsu and Hana taking their press conference very seriously.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/961105724284833793

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The Women of Honor tournament bracket was posted. And uh....it's not exactly great.

e: I also hope whoever designed the graphics for this bracket is shot into the sun.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lol if they have Kagetsu and Hana win their matches and do their second round match in Stardom too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect Kelly Klein to win it.

As much as I want a Brandi/Mandy final. Don't get me wrong.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The right side of the bracket has the potential to have a LOT of WMOTYCs.

Also Hana's match may not be taking place during a STARDOM show. Only HZK/Mayu and Kagetsu/Jenny are advertised for STARDOM shows. Hana may be flown out for her match. :shrug:

Also someone on Resetera joked about the only reason ROH partnered with STARDOM is so they could have their talent look strong while jobbing out the STARDOM talent. (Since NJPW jobs out ROH talent) :v:

Also I am real sad that HZK is probably being knocked out early. She isn't a GREAT ring worker by any stretch (she's actually pretty average most of the time), but she's still leagues better than most ROH talent, but Mayu is going to beat her so that she (Mayu) can put over Deonna.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 8, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Expect Kelly Klein to win it.

As much as I want a Brandi/Mandy final. Don't get me wrong.

any clue on who ??? is?

And yeah I think Hana is flying out for her match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

any clue on who ??? is?

And yeah I think Hana is flying out for her match.

I fully expect Hana to job to Sumie though, since she's already under contract to another company (Wrestle-1).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Rossy won't play ball unless his girls look strong so expect Kelly Klein vs Kagestu for the final. Which is a pretty fuckin strong match up.

Peep the brackets. If they do the quarter finals on ROH shows, they'll have to fly out STARDOM talent. If they're budget conscious they'll do the quarters and finals the same night. Rossy gets his people on ROH TV, either taking the thing or at least making sure there's some good bust rear end matches that probably save the night from being v.blech.

coconono fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 8, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't know if Rossi is willing to job out his girls considering how strong the STARDOM girls in Lucha Underground looked

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

any clue on who ??? is?

And yeah I think Hana is flying out for her match.I

I don't. I had hoped it would be Britt Baker. But like with the Mae Young Classic finishing dental school is her first priority and limits her availability.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I don't know if Rossi is willing to job out his girls considering how strong the STARDOM girls in Lucha Underground looked

Joshi politics require next level understand but Mandy beat Io and Toni Storm during her STARDOM tour so I don't see it being a big issue.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

Rossy won't play ball unless his girls look strong so expect Kelly Klein vs Kagestu for the final. Which is a pretty fuckin strong match up.

As much as I want to agree, its ROH, and its very likely none of the STARDOM girls make it past the second round. Delirious is really lovely when it comes to booking, so I can see them loving over an unwitting/oblivious STARDOM.

Regardless, no wonder Io Shirai avoided this tournament. I remember hearing she was none too pleased with the quality of the WOH division, and this is probably why. She probably wanted to avoid almost getting murdered by Mandy again. :v:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 8, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rossy also let Delirious talk for way too long about this tournament at a Stardom show I was at. And Delirious was sitting front row the whole time so it was super distracting and I think he made his stupid gimmick noises. I'm really not a fan so I might have imagined that last part to justify my dislike for him though.

He also yelled "hey, white guy!" right in my face on his way into the show and he wasn't wearing his mask so he wasn't in character.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rovert posted:

Joshi politics require next level understand but Mandy beat Io and Toni Storm during her STARDOM tour so I don't see it being a big issue.
Quackenbush said that Joshimania was the biggest headache in his life because he had to negotiate with so many offices just to book a card.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Beyond Wrestling's Wrestemania weekend Intergender show will have one of the craziest lineups of the year. Matt Riddle vs Deonna is just the tip of the iceberg.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

Peep the brackets. If they do the quarter finals on ROH shows, they'll have to fly out STARDOM talent. If they're budget conscious they'll do the quarters and finals the same night. Rossy gets his people on ROH TV, either taking the thing or at least making sure there's some good bust rear end matches that probably save the night from being v.blech.

The semifinals are two nights before wrestlemania, and the finals the night before, if i recall.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

The Women of Honor tournament bracket was posted. And uh....it's not exactly great.

e: I also hope whoever designed the graphics for this bracket is shot into the sun.

Well now we know what happened to all that pink and purple after the Divas were renamed

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well now we know what happened to all that pink and purple after the Divas were renamed

Well it fits given that ROH is about 10 years behind the times with this poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kagetsu vs brandi rhodes will be very good

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It was posted elsewhere, but there are a bunch of changes coming to the STARDOM roster soon.

Hiromi Mimura will be retiring (she was a low to mid carder, mainly a comedy act), Saki Kashima will be returning (she used to be a part of STARDOM, but left for 5 years), K Chan Gang Baby will be leaving (they were part of the opening ceremony for every show with Fuka, who is also retiring due to pregnancy), and three debuts will also happen. Nao Yamaguchi (gravure model), Aiko (not much is known about her other than she is still in high school, and has been training the longest of the three), and Natsumi Apache, who is the daughter of Mari Apache.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Hiromi retiring is a shock because I figured she'd be the one to keep going well into her 40s.

Nao Yamaguchi would be a good pairing with Tam Nakano providing she knows which way the violence goes.

jfc I remember when Natsumi Apache was an infant ringside at AAA.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

In other news, Oedo Tai seems to be fine after losing Tam.

https://twitter.com/hanadayo0903/status/962318362071068673

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/961105724284833793

Everything is fine.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought hana kimura was around the age that kagetsu actually is and i thought kagetsu was like 30. thanks for reading

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i thought hana kimura was around the age that kagetsu actually is and i thought kagetsu was like 30. thanks for reading

That was wrong when you thought that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cavauro posted:

Kagetsu is 25. Hana Kimura is 20.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro posted:

You must've thought you were still right when you posted that. well, pull up a chair because I've got a lot of explaining to do.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/963099250048499715

Hell of a gimmick you got there, lady!