Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, the big problem people have had with Twilight and 50 Shades existing isn't that they're terrible as much as that they're really popular and focus a lot on trying to normalize abusive behaviors like stalking and rape as either romantic gestures of love or mild problems that you just need to help your partner overcome because of how much you love him.

Pretty much the only time I've seen people have that problem is in explicitly feminist/anti-abuse areas. Everywhere else, the main problem is "Ew, they're getting cooties all over!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It did not help that when twilight was at the peak of its popularity, the big time fans were obnoxious.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
whovians grab your tardises, sherlockians grab your sociopaths, supernatural fans grab your overused plotlines

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

mds2 posted:

Fun prank I played on my friend. The day one of the Twilight movies premiered I posted an ad on craigslist stating "FREE Two Twilight tickets. Something came up and I cant make it. I want to make sure they go to a true fan. call me at (Best friends phone number)." He was teaching a class and got 20 calls in a 5 minute time frame. Suck it, Scott!

This is freaking hilarious, but I hope he got you back (please tell us how.)

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

artsy fartsy posted:

hosed OPs wife

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

artsy fartsy posted:

He hasn’t yet, other than asking me to officiate his wedding. I know a big dose of karma is coming one day.

A different friend tried to sell a boat motor on Craigslist. I created a fake Facebook profile with a picture of the biggest red neck I could find on google. I friended some of his friends and even his sister. Then I started emailing him about the motor for sale for about a week. Each email got more and more bizarre, even asking him if he could drop off the motor and ref a backyard wrestling match while he was there.

He finally stopped responding so I pulled the ultimate goon move and emailed him a picture of his house. “You still live here? I’m gonna stop by sometime”. I had to let the cat out of the bag on that one because he was going to call the police.

Craigslist can be a hell of a lot of fun.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Idiots on Social Media: I pulled the ultimate goon move and emailed him a picture of his house

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://imgur.com/gallery/yKjh6

come to this IMGUR post for all these comments that are definitely not bitter at women for existing.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Vampires suck.

BLOOD!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

mds2 posted:

He hasn’t yet, other than asking me to officiate his wedding. I know a big dose of karma is coming one day.

I'll bet it's a destination wedding in the Maldives, and when you get there, there will just be one old taxi driver with no teeth waiting to meet you. He'll take you to a run-down shack where the locals gut fish, and you'll be covered in an inch-thick layer of parasites while your buddy gets married on Bimini, and, frankly, you deserve it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

why am I reading comments left by undergrads hearing Steve Reich for the first time? :negative:

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 23:23 on Feb 9, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

hawowanlawow posted:

why am I reading comments left by undergrads hearing Steve Reich for the first time? :negative:

Are the comments repeating themselves? Do they make you loopy, like you are going in circles?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who What Now posted:

What do you mean now? Imgur has been conservative as gently caress for years now.

I always thought Matt Walsh was kind of a nobody so that's what I mean. If you're deep enough conservative that you know where his blog is then that says a lot more to me than just watching Fox News. I know that imgur's 98% a conservative shithole.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

I always thought Matt Walsh was kind of a nobody so that's what I mean. If you're deep enough conservative that you know where his blog is then that says a lot more to me than just watching Fox News. I know that imgur's 98% a conservative nazi-incel-MRA shithole.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

As I white racist I have no historical context on why an African country (imagined or otherwise) would have a distrust of people from other countries.

edit: also loling about the anti-Democracy thing that would make [x-country] great again

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

hmm an African nation which is advanced due to hiding its vied-for national resource from outside forces seeking to exploit them... Clearly, that's no commentary, and black people in a modern pluralistic society simply want a black Reich. Yours in nuance, a Nazi gently caress

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

why hasn't this guy been punched out of existence yet?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

belt posted:

His jaw is a resource that must be conserved, and only punched when it is needed most.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That island Wonder Woman comes from has all those things too. Plus no crime, since it's a penis-free zone.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

belt posted:

Because too many people think that’s bad for some reason

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Facebook Aunt posted:

That island Wonder Woman comes from has all those things too. Plus no crime, since it's a penis-free zone.

In the comic the women are blessed by the goddess to only give birth to girls.

I bet in the original draft they just dashed all the male babies against the rocks. Because if you're going to ask the goddess for a favour of divine intervention then you don't waste it on something a determined warrior nation can handle themselves (see 300).

Edit: Actually a Wonder Woman themed version of 300 sounds hella metal. They already had Cercei in 300 so they're halfway there. Cate Blanchett, Eva Green, Lena Headey in the lead roles.

Katt has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Feb 10, 2018

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

belt posted:

He has to get sued into oblivion for hosting the Nazi rally first. (No lawyer yet will defend him.)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
One of the more problematic elements of Black Panther mythos is the character of M'Baku, the Man-Ape. I don't think I have to explain why. Still, they're keeping him in the movie as the head of a rival Wakandan tribe that venerates a white gorilla god, without the name Man-Ape or the gorilla costume. From buzz about the movie, I gathered that while he won't be friendly with T'Challa and his tribe, he's not going to be a villain like in the comics. Despite his problematic origins, the makers of the movie liked the idea of using him to show that Wakanda has its own religious and tribal minorities.

But people like that meme maker think all of sub-Saharan Africa is populated by the single culture of "black people" because they can't get past skin color. It's like how they hold up Romans, Vikings, Saxons, etc as exemplars of "white culture," when there's no way those people wouldn't have seen each other as part of the same culture.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 02:20 on Feb 10, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
All of those people need to spend a week in Nigeria, where everyone is all "Well, he's Igbo and she's Fulani, of course their marriage didn't work," and the like.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

whole bunch of disgusting monarch-defenders itt

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Katt posted:

In the comic the women are blessed by the goddess to only give birth to girls.

I bet in the original draft they just dashed all the male babies against the rocks. Because if you're going to ask the goddess for a favour of divine intervention then you don't waste it on something a determined warrior nation can handle themselves (see 300).

That is the original draft from the myths, yes. The Amazons would raid surrounding territories for men to rape, then kill them and any male children.

Course in the myths the Amazons were the daughters of Ares, so violence and war was literally in their blood.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Byzantine posted:

That is the original draft from the myths, yes. The Amazons would raid surrounding territories for men to rape, then kill them and any male children.

Course in the myths the Amazons were the daughters of Ares, so violence and war was literally in their blood.

Also it's Greek myth so that's basically what everyone was doing.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

mds2 posted:

A different friend tried to sell a boat motor on Craigslist. I created a fake Facebook profile with a picture of the biggest red neck I could find on google. I friended some of his friends and even his sister. Then I started emailing him about the motor for sale for about a week. Each email got more and more bizarre, even asking him if he could drop off the motor and ref a backyard wrestling match while he was there.

He finally stopped responding so I pulled the ultimate goon move and emailed him a picture of his house. “You still live here? I’m gonna stop by sometime”. I had to let the cat out of the bag on that one because he was going to call the police.

Craigslist can be a hell of a lot of fun.

[img-cool-starry-bra]

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

jivjov posted:

50 Shades being trash has the unfortunate side effect of horribly misrepresenting the BDSM community, which can lead to actual physical or psychological harm being done to people.
Hrrrmmm, yes, these foul slurs against the "tie people up and whip them community" cannot stand

(click the image for more!)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

(click the image for more!)

no

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Rawhide Kobayashi nooooooo, that's too much America

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/962134513341157384

e: now I'm wondering if there's weebs that turn into super-right wing Japanese nationalists

Dave Grool has a new favorite as of 03:30 on Feb 10, 2018

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I mean, right-wing Japanese nationalists at least would fit in with the Nazis.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Time is a loop, and I'm pretty sure Hitler said the Japanese were souless, but allies of convenience.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Dave Grool posted:

e: now I'm wondering if there's weebs that turn into super-right wing Japanese nationalists

That's Rawhide's nemesis Kenichi Smith.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dave Grool posted:

Whether this is performance art or sincere, that guy shouldn't perform singing.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/Frances11791313/status/962097631810891776

:confused:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Hrrrmmm, yes, these foul slurs against the "tie people up and whip them community" cannot stand

oh good, it's yet another subject that DP doesn't know dick from gently caress about

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Puppy Time posted:

Whether this is performance art or sincere, that guy shouldn't perform singing.

He's unfortunately completely sincere.

https://nextshark.com/hank-yoo-meet-the-wannabe-asian-cowboy-who-wants-to-murder-blm-activists-and-muslims/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm old enough to remember when comparing W to Batman was the dumbest comic book movie poo poo you'd read online