Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

No Wave posted:

I bought the golden rooster. Really dumb I still don't own blaze or maiev but it's so so so good. My favorite mount ez and it goes with so much, lots of outfits have gold in them.

I'm gonna do the same as you even though I don't own Maiev yet. I'm like 1000g short which I'll probably be able to quest up later tonight and ride that sucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I did a Li Ming, featuring Maev and an enemy ETC attempting to mosh pit his own team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy2ZVPGmBT0

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

No bug fixes in the patch. Guess the hundreds of developers of this game can only do so much.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I did a Li Ming, featuring Maev and an enemy ETC attempting to mosh pit his own team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy2ZVPGmBT0

:stare: that was pretty good. Seems like ive been seeing a lot of the old tyme Li Ming pentakill clips lately. https://clips.twitch.tv/CheerfulGleamingPeppermintSquadGoals

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

beejay posted:

No bug fixes in the patch. Guess the hundreds of developers of this game can only do so much.

At least they didn't fix the Sonya buff/bug

(Poisoned spear nerf reverted)

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Midnightghoul posted:

At least they didn't fix the Sonya buff/bug

(Poisoned spear nerf reverted)

The entire set of nerfs was undone.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

EdRush posted:

:stare: that was pretty good. Seems like ive been seeing a lot of the old tyme Li Ming pentakill clips lately. https://clips.twitch.tv/CheerfulGleamingPeppermintSquadGoals

I think Li Ming is really benefiting from Maev yanking heroes out of minion waves and also into a tempting clump.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

lucifirius posted:

The entire set of nerfs was undone.

heroespatchnotes.com shows undone changes to Auriel as well:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah I think someone made that discovery, I found the Sonya ones.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I was surprised they nerfed Maiev, since she didn't seem too bad when I played against her.

Then again, I did think she was actually a high damage bruiser rather than an assassin.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

BRJohnson posted:

I was surprised they nerfed Maiev, since she didn't seem too bad when I played against her.

Then again, I did think she was actually a high damage bruiser rather than an assassin.

I don't... how would that be better...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

BrianBoitano posted:

The sweep damage is a bug.

The bestow hope change is because they fixed a bug that made it 35% from allies (instead of the intended 50%) that had been affecting her for a while, so this keeps her overall energy generation about where it was before the fix.

Probably could have stood to make it 45% since she's been arguably the worst healer for a while though.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 10, 2018

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just played a game of Auriel and I gotta say I can't think of a healer I'd rank below her right now. Maybe Ana outside of gimmick comps.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Libertine posted:

I just played a game of Auriel and I gotta say I can't think of a healer I'd rank below her right now. Maybe Ana outside of gimmick comps.

Ana is perfect for Cho'gall.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Ana's good as long as the whole team doesn't get nuked down at once.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Libertine posted:

In my experience Auriel needs 1 of 3 heroes to be her battery: Valla, Guldan, or Chogall. I would never pick her in a draft mode without oen of those 3 and I would never pick her in QM unless i fully expected to lose

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Also provided your Ana player is actually able to land her skillshots.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Healing is my main role and I feel like most of the lower win-rate healers all have this problem, and it's a huge weakness. To play a healer without a strong / easy AOE heal you have to trust your teammates to position smartly all the time and that just never occurs.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Libertine posted:

The really frustrating part about Auriel is that if you don't have a good battery feeding you energy it looks like -you- are a lovely support who can't heal. I somehow have a 70% win rate with her over 27 games but I have no plans to play her again except maybe with Cho'gall and even then I'd think real hard about Ana or Alex.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kai Tave posted:

Also provided your Ana player is actually able to land her skillshots.

The worst is when you think "Oh I'll just stand still now so they can heal me" while they're thinking "Okay they're moving so I'll lead my shot."

Ana's still incredibly mana efficient with huge throughput. Great for topping off after fights.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kurieg posted:

The worst is when you think "Oh I'll just stand still now so they can heal me" while they're thinking "Okay they're moving so I'll lead my shot."

I've done this to friendly Anas more times than I can count and there's always this awkward pause immediately afterwards like two people walking past each other in the hallway who keep stepping in the same direction to try and move out of the way.

The actual biggest issue with Ana as a support is that she's incredibly vulnerable because she lacks any significant self-healing. You absolutely have to be ready to land a sleep dart on anyone attempting to dive you and get out as quickly as possible because otherwise you've got what, biotic grenade? Back when double support was the meta this wasn't as much of an issue but now that people aren't running as many double support comps the lack of self-healing makes Ana a risky solo healer choice.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I played a game the other day where someone dc'd right at the start.

But it's okay because it was the Maiev and the bot got MVP and we won easily.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I won 2 games with Azmodan and lost 2 with Nova today and a 50% winrate feels good after a week of poo poo. Hooray!

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Kai Tave posted:

I've done this to friendly Anas more times than I can count and there's always this awkward pause immediately afterwards like two people walking past each other in the hallway who keep stepping in the same direction to try and move out of the way.

Ah, the old Canadian standoff.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Between my buddy who constantly plays Ana and I, we've developed a system where pinging for Assistance in a given spot translates to "stand here for healing". Randoms pick up on it almost immediately, and it's enormously helpful.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Maiev down to 52% winrate from 65% after the nerfs.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Elysium posted:

Maiev down to 52% winrate from 65% after the nerfs.

Hope they buff her back up to 10 armor and crits on each Memento cleave

On a serious note, despite the nerfs a lot of pro players streaming were still considering her incredibly overpowered, especially the ability to combo with bind into cage. I bet she'll still be in a release Garrosh state where the winrate is not insane but will still get perma banned or picked

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Had a few bad draft games (ranked and unranked) the last few days that boiled down to some really weird arguments in draft and composition.

One thing I’ve noticed repeatedly is that people will hover and lock Blaze but insist that they aren’t going to be the tank :confused: This has happened to me twice in the last few days and many times since his release. My best friend plays him as Main Tank all the time and he’s fantastic in that role in my opinion. He’s a great initiator with solid sustain and a lot of tricks.

I guess my bafflement is around him is that so many people play him and think he isn’t a tank. So then someone else on our team will argue and also draft a tank. Then we have two tanks and a huge lack of damage and those games usually all go poorly because being unable to close out team fights with damage as the game goes on. That is my other beef is two tank drafts are almost always terrible. I feel like it’s very clear by design which warriors are tanks and which are bruisers. And I feel like it’s also very clear why it’s good to have one of both but not two of either. But I feel like that is very much not clear to most people in Diamond-level drafts and I don’t really know why.

I really hope Blizzard does a reclassification of the roster that has been long overdue.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 11, 2018

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Well, from watching the HGC, EU will run Blaze as both tank and bruiser, depending on map and comp. He was picked a ton today, and played both roles.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I'm sure this is just me imagining things, but it totally feels like they stealth nerfed Maiev's Q AOE size. Like it's thinner now on the arc or something. I swear to god I was throwing Qs that should have hit 6 people (with samuro) and not triggering the Q stacks for hitting 3 people with that level 4 talent.

I probably just suck though.

Also it feels like they juuuuuuuust tweaked something about the Q resets or animation that make them feel a little less instant.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 11, 2018

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

bio347 posted:

Well, from watching the HGC, EU will run Blaze as both tank and bruiser, depending on map and comp. He was picked a ton today, and played both roles.

That’s fair maybe I’m being ignorant about it. Just seems like all of Blaze’s kit tools are engage, CC, and sustain and that screams tank to me. Unlike really obvious Warriors with damage tools like Artanis, Sonya, etc. I would never be afraid of the damage output of a Blaze.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

blaze’s strength is that he can dive in, stay engaged forever and bully the hell out of people. don’t lurk back, smash your way in there and light everything on fire. gently caress up the screen with a million particle effects. neural stimpack is a gift from god. fart oil everywhere and shoulder check your enemy in the face. live your best life.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
His biggest weakness is your team not going in with you and that's not something that happens on the pro level.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

bamhand posted:

His biggest weakness is your team not going in with you and that's not something that happens on the pro level.

I'd say Blaze's weakness is that his escape ability can be blocked by the enemy team in a way that something like Dwarf Toss can't be which means that it can be pretty hard for Blaze to disengage if a fight starts turning against him.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If New Habits was just a little bit better, it'd be a contender, imo. I need Pyromania up more often. But as it is, Neural Stimpack reduces Pyro's CD too, so...

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.

Bogart posted:

If New Habits was just a little bit better, it'd be a contender, imo. I need Pyromania up more often. But as it is, Neural Stimpack reduces Pyro's CD too, so...

Yeah, I feel you on this. I'm loving Blaze, as a JoJo main, but Pyromania feels anemic without Heat Treatment.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Kai Tave posted:

I'd say Blaze's weakness is that his escape ability can be blocked by the enemy team in a way that something like Dwarf Toss can't be which means that it can be pretty hard for Blaze to disengage if a fight starts turning against him.

Escape, engage, stun, and interrupt all on the same ability seems like it would make him a bruiser, and was what blizzard advertised him as. However, he seems to have so much sustain that he qualifies as a solo tank, which is pretty neat.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Does Blaze really do that much damage? Seems like it would need to be a bit higher to be classified as a bruiser

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
He can put out a surprising amount of damage if you spec him right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
His single target PVP damage isn't great but his laneclear is better than a lot of other main tanks so he's not a bad choice to solo lane depending on the enemy teamcomp.