Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

keep your eyes on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I like to play my Switch while I drive my Desert Bus

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Sunning posted:

Ridge Racer 6 was Xbox 360 exclusive. Ridge Racer 7 is PS3 exclusive. Ridge Racer 8 is Switch exclusive. Ridge Racer 9 is ???

Xbox Two

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Zarlog posted:

Xbox TwoSixty

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ouya exclusive

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Switch Zero

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
The next Switch will be a hickory switch for parents to spank their kids with since they do nothing but play the Nintendo Switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They can use the same sound effect

content
Feb 13, 2014

It'll just be the Switch U and come with a gameboy micro sized tablet.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RCarr posted:

I warned you that licking the cartridges would tank their resale value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVHigvYeoYw&hd=1

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I was looking for something to hold me over until Bayonetta next week so I downloaded the Disgaea 5 demo.

Within 5 minutes I was totally embarrassed to have it on my Switch.

I’ll keep playing though, maybe it’s ok once it gets going.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Mega64 posted:

Switch Zero

They would never go with such a name, the new one will clearly either be Swytch or Switcher

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sentient Data posted:

They would never go with such a name, the new one will clearly either be Swytch or Switcher

They named the second Switch the Swatch.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
S2witch with streaming integration.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Nintendo Enhanced Switch, or NES for short

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can't wait for Monster Hunter World United Generations XX on the Perfect Nintendo Entertainment System, the follow up to the Switch U.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Mahoning posted:

I was looking for something to hold me over until Bayonetta next week so I downloaded the Disgaea 5 demo.

Within 5 minutes I was totally embarrassed to have it on my Switch.

I’ll keep playing though, maybe it’s ok once it gets going.

I loved Disgaea and I'm looking forward to replaying 5 portably on Switch, but I've also been with the series since the start I've kinda conditioned myself to tolerate its insane self-aware anime bullshit because I know there's a really fun game underneath. Disgaea as a series collapsed in on itself somewhere along the way like an overly ironic black hole, and now exists simultaneously as a parody of all things anime, and earnestly as all things anime.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

How has the gameplay evolved in the later Disgaea games? I've only played the first two.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can't wait for Monster Hunter World United Generations XX on the Perfect Nintendo Entertainment System, the follow up to the Switch U.
Why did they keep giving MH games weird different titles in not-Japan anyway? And why did they suddenly stop with World?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

How has the gameplay evolved in the later Disgaea games? I've only played the first two.
The basics stay the same but things like how characters get skills and the metaphor for how they get grouped into teams keep changing.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

All classes now have rad passive abilities, and you can learn more as the class levels up. D5 also has a ton of ways to upgrade and/or level your characters compared to previous games, like sending them out on dispatch missions, or doing quests to earn active and passive skill scrolls you can apply to anybody. A new way to capture enemies, and then drain them of power to give your characters permanent stat upgrades.

The Cheat Shop also makes a triumphant return, which among other things lets you swap your gains for various thing. Get 15% less weapon mastery and 12% less cash to earn 27% more experience! Get 100% less skill XP for double Mana!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why did they keep giving MH games weird different titles in not-Japan anyway? And why did they suddenly stop with World?

The letter G in regards to Monster Hunter has no meaning to general Western consumers, and Portable games are just portable versions of things we already have, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They called the first Monster Hunter Monster Hunter. They called the first portable Monster Hunter Monster Hunter Freedom. They called the second portable Monster Hunter with more content oriented around multiplayer Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

It's all completely reasonable every step of the way.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fitzy Fitz posted:

A friend linked me this video on Disgaea 5 and I think it presents the game pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSW9t4UGMw4&t=40s

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Max Factory is doing 1/3rd scale Switch case replicas that are keycahins but also still working cases you can put the cartridge in

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Guy Goodbody posted:

Max Factory is doing 1/3rd scale Switch case replicas that are keycahins but also still working cases you can put the cartridge in

drat that's rad

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know literally nothing about this game but the cover art has me sold

One the npcs you can recruit is a druid who can turn into a street shark.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

I would legit carry Mario Kart 8 on a keychain to have with me at all times, but I would be worried about the case opening up and losing it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress the Olympics, NIS America announcement livestream starts in 45 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-Qi6ZnMxg

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

gently caress the Olympics, NIS America announcement livestream starts in 45 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-Qi6ZnMxg

Please don't announce anything like Disgaea 6, I still need to finish playing Disgaea 5 because other games keep distracting me. :ohdear:

Solkanar512 posted:

Any thoughts on “Mercenaries Saga Chronicles”. Is it a good replacement for FFT types games or is it garbage?

I bought it as it sounds like they should be decent but not FFT/TO quality, which is to be expected.

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Xenoblade 2's getting a update next week with some very welcome changes.

For the second playthrough (Advanced New Game Mode), enemy Blades like Akhos, Patroka, and Mikhail can be obtained, as well as lower-ranked ones.
These can come from Common Core Crystals or events. In the former case, they can be totally out of whack with the story, but the developers don't care.

I was really hoping you'd just have their cores in your inventory when starting the game, like Shulk and the Monado in the first game. :(

The Gacha system is terrible. I get that those systems are popular in Japan but if they added a toggle option and just let you spend cores to buy the rare blades (you could still roll for commons and hope the RNG gives you some orb master murdergod). Make KOSMOS cost 2-3 legendary or half a dozen rare cores or whatever if need be.

Zarlog posted:

Xbox Two

Plays exclusively on the Xbox π ± 3√a

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Almost finished off Odyssey. I did Darker Side on assist mode, and while nothing was that bad, I can't imagine doing it as an endurance run. gently caress endurance runs.

Last thing to do will be either volley ball or bounding bowl.

Have they said anything about dlc after the Luigi update?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Actually the last thing will be skeleton suit if I even bother

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

They haven't said anything about it, but since they know 7-9 million people own it and enjoy it, I have to assume they'd know not doing any post launch DLC would be leaving money on the table.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sarasaland and/or Delfino Island would own as DLC.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sarasaland and/or Delfino Island would own as DLC.

Give me Gusty Garden Land or give me death

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Please don't announce anything like Disgaea 6, I still need to finish playing Disgaea 5 because other games keep distracting me. :ohdear:

Would NIS America be announcing new stuff? I just assumed its going to be all localization announcements

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The darkest side of the moon is gonna happen.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Do they still localize and publish Japanese games not developed by NIS itself?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

There was just the whole Ys 8 disaster last year

I have an irrational fear they're going to announce that they got Cold Steel 3 through some kind of dark magic

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

They also are releasing The Longest Five Minutes and Penny Punching Princess, which haven't been announced for the Switch in Japan.

It's super annoying because I'm 90% sure they aren't including Japanese text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a cool idea and I like it and I can see it being useful for people that don't have very large physical collections but I also can imagine a scenario where someone steals your keyring and BAM, there goes BotW, Mario Odyssey, and Splatoon and you are SoL.

• Locked thread