Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, incredible sounding engine, and nearly a month early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Noted fraud team McLaren F1 has been oddly silent on the engine and design front. Perhaps they were too busy courting failing computer manufacturers.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yes stupid engine start-up teasers are finally starting

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Speaking of McLaren, Grand Prix Driver series has been released on Amazon Prime.. They subtitled Eric boullier even though he's speaking English

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Is it an american doc as they seem to do that for anyone with accented english.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

The Croc posted:

It's narrated by Michael Douglas so I guess so, but it apart from Zak it's all non-americans

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Noted fraud team McLaren F1 has been oddly silent on the engine and design front. Perhaps they were too busy courting failing computer manufacturers.

Act like you've been there before

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

Act like you've been there before

in McLaren's case, "there" would be the Bin

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

djssniper posted:

Speaking of McLaren, Grand Prix Driver series has been released on Amazon Prime.. They subtitled Eric boullier even though he's speaking English

Just binged it, no real race-time following which I thought it was going to be, just really about the drivers, car build, and Honda, just like their season, bit of a let down

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If it's only a bit of a letdown I'd say that's way better than their last 3 seasons

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

In memory of a schizo bogan killing the literary national epic of Australia known as AusGBS:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

in McLaren's case, "there" would be the Bin

There's no light without darkness, Feels.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You guys could have said what the bloody McLaren thing was called :/ it’s Grand Prix Driver

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Watching the McLaren thing now. Holy poo poo the first scene with the Honda guys was amazing. The transmission didn't line up, and you could tell the McLaren guys wanted to strangle someone. The cameras being there may have been the only thing keeping the Honda staff alive.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Funzo posted:

Watching the McLaren thing now. Holy poo poo the first scene with the Honda guys was amazing. The transmission didn't line up, and you could tell the McLaren guys wanted to strangle someone. The cameras being there may have been the only thing keeping the Honda staff alive.

You could see the distain in the McLarens engineer to the Honda guy, such a bad situation

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Do they have a fix for the visor getting covered in poo poo during the race? A squeegee man in the pits?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

There is a scene within the first four minutes of this series where a man uses a McLaren-branded, carbon fiber spacer to ensure that all the chairs at a conference table are spaced evenly apart. It is everything I love about this team.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ron levels of autism

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Do they have a fix for the visor getting covered in poo poo during the race? A squeegee man in the pits?

Tear-offs?

They shouldn't need them on the helmet anymore. Nascar has full windshield tear-offs

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Michael Douglas isn’t a very good narrator

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Even loving Michael Douglas is trolling me about title sponsors.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

In memory of a schizo bogan killing the literary national epic of Australia known as AusGBS:

:australia:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

wicka posted:

Even loving Michael Douglas is trolling me about title sponsors.

Totally off topic but I lol every time I remember that Maicon the footballer is named after Michael Douglas.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Totally off topic but I lol every time I remember that Maicon the footballer is named after Michael Douglas.

Pele is named after Thomas Edison, right?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Zak definitely comes across as an insufferable piece of poo poo to work for

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

War and Prolapse

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I haven't seen much of Zak yet but I'm a huge Jon Neale fan so far.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
F1 2017: why doesn’t it crank?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
mclaren do not come off well in this enthralling and very interesting documentary. Their dudes look pretty racist to the honda guys. Stoffel is so boring. zac is a dumbo moron in a big limo. gently caress.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Stoffel is a good lad who means well.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The only good bit is when the PR guy is done bullying the poo poo out of stoffel. 'dont be the guy that makes that mistake' - saying we can win.

Then fernando walks in in his jeans and gives no shits.

fernando: there will be less overtaking.
pr twat: are you urgh... planning on saying that?

Then at the end, in the 'where are they now' bit, turns out hes resigned.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mclaren sucks, we need a scuderia ferrari doc

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's so bizarre watching the early episodes knowing just how bad that car is going to be.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Watching them lovingly load that piece of poo poo onto the lorry is heartbreaking.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Croc posted:

We usually only need it for Scots, rural Irish people, and thickass French-poisoned Louisiana and Maine accents.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving mclaren and their geo tagged piece of poo poo doc

"most prestigoius team" my rear end

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEftr7OGnzQ

Maurizio is the best

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 10, 2018

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Classic Philip Island moment :australia:

https://youtu.be/KpG3ZiYpJoE

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Alonso is taking part in the entire WEC season this year over two years, they moved the date of a race for him. just lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43009816

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 10, 2018

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

mclaren sucks, we need a scuderia ferrari doc

mrhands.avi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

NtotheTC posted:

Alonso is taking part in the entire WEC season this year over two years, they moved the date of a race for him. just lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43009816

Thus creating a clash for about 20 other drivers.

• Locked thread