Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kirbysuperstar posted:

More like Suckai Project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

kirbysuperstar posted:

Suckai Project like More

Translated from Japanese by Bing

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
How is there an anime sale going on right now and Ys 8 isn't on that list?

Oh the re-translation came out on the 30th. Not sure if that was ever actually announced, not even on the blog that NIS specifically started to track it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morpheus posted:

How is there an anime sale going on right now and Ys 8 isn't on that list?

Oh the re-translation came out on the 30th. Not sure if that was ever actually announced, not even on the blog that NIS specifically started to track it.

It's a Bandai Namco-only anime sale

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's a Bandai Namco-only anime sale

Well they shouldn't call it 'Anime Sale' if it's only them :colbert:

Edit: The Sword Art Online games, I remember one had a bad translation and one had bad gameplay? Which is which? Are they decent enough to pick up? Hollow Fragment is $5 at the moment.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morpheus posted:

Well they shouldn't call it 'Anime Sale' if it's only them :colbert:

Edit: The Sword Art Online games, I remember one had a bad translation and one had bad gameplay? Which is which? Are they decent enough to pick up? Hollow Fragment is $5 at the moment.

I think Hollow Fragment is the one with the bad translation but deece gameplay, I haven't played either though

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think Hollow Fragment is the one with the bad translation but deece gameplay, I haven't played either though

Re: Hollow Fragment is fine from what I played, but the Vita Hollow Fragment had some hilariously terrible dialogue translation.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Hollow Realization's translation is largely good other than some grammatical issues, but the Vita version is nooooot good.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the bad translation enhances the experience imo

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hollow Realization's translation is largely good other than some grammatical issues, but the Vita version is nooooot good.

If you're talking about slowdowns one of the recent patches "fixed" it for the most part. It's not perfect though and you should reduce follower count still to get the best performance. Still glad I got it on sale.

HFragment is horribly translated but it's a fun game if you like grinding.

I'd recommend Tokyo Xanadu over either in a heartbeat though. Not the exact same genre but both the story and combat are better.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

U-DO Burger posted:

the bad translation enhances the experience imo

Yeah, and didn't the PS4 version screw around with the mechanics?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

If you're talking about slowdowns one of the recent patches "fixed" it for the most part. It's not perfect though and you should reduce follower count still to get the best performance. Still glad I got it on sale.

The framerate is still rear end, especially in raids, the draw distance on terrain is bad and enemies have to pop in at about 1m away from you, if they even do by the time you get to them (real fun for public events where you have to avoid being sighted) and it looks like poo poo.

Also having to hold L and touch the bottom left of the screen to sheath after each fight so you run at full speed is really bad.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

The framerate is still rear end, especially in raids, the draw distance on terrain is bad and enemies have to pop in at about 1m away from you, if they even do by the time you get to them (real fun for public events where you have to avoid being sighted) and it looks like poo poo.

Also having to hold L and touch the bottom left of the screen to sheath after each fight so you run at full speed is really bad.

I haven't played it in a bit but all that you said is right. I guess that's why I haven't played it in a bit.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

So uh there's a virtual on game coming out in Japan this week? Is there any hope of that coming west?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Depends who has the Railgun license in the West I guess.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Depends who has the Railgun license in the West I guess.

Considering Dengeki Bunko, I'd venture that if we get it, Sega will be the ones to release it. It could be a decent contender with Gundam Versus.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It should be announced for a western release just days after an enhanced version is announced for Japan.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Considering Dengeki Bunko, I'd venture that if we get it, Sega will be the ones to release it. It could be a decent contender with Gundam Versus.

They're two entirely different types of games.

Also it's a really really bad Virtual On game. It's incredibly slow and has about a quarter of the movelist.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

They're two entirely different types of games.

Also it's a really really bad Virtual On game. It's incredibly slow and has about a quarter of the movelist.

Of course, because Sega hates us.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
How is the non OLED Vita for those of us who fell the hell in love with the OLED model? All those years ago when Samsung Galaxy S1 came out I bought one after seeing one in the store and experiencing the (sam)OLED screen so I love my OLED displays a lot.

I miss having a Vita, for the goodness of all those great play&go, chill in bed/recliner, balcony gaming, laundry-breaktime indies, roguelikes. Don't care if there's mura effect on the OLED when dark as long as it won't die on me in a few more years. Just wanna play my Curry God Saga whatever it was and everything else til the end..

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

How is the non OLED Vita for those of us who fell the hell in love with the OLED model? All those years ago when Samsung Galaxy S1 came out I bought one after seeing one in the store and experiencing the (sam)OLED screen so I love my OLED displays a lot.

I miss having a Vita, for the goodness of all those great play&go, chill in bed/recliner, balcony gaming, laundry-breaktime indies, roguelikes. Don't care if there's mura effect on the OLED when dark as long as it won't die on me in a few more years. Just wanna play my Curry God Saga whatever it was and everything else til the end..

It's not much different. Some people claim that the LCD will anally rape your eyeballs in the face but these claims are way overblown.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Midjack posted:

It's not much different. Some people claim that the LCD will anally rape your eyeballs in the face but these claims are way overblown.

That's only if you play Criminal Girls though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I stopped using my OLED version entirely after getting a LCD version.

Then I stopped using a Vita altogether after Atelier Shallie came out.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

If there was a vita with the OLED screen and the new non proprietary charging connection I'd buy another in a heart beat.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

I cannot recommend Shiren the Wanderer enough. Solid Gold.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

MrLonghair posted:

It's a good life. I like all the updates w/less weight and longer battery life. Also, new colors and preowned they're closer in the price range nowadays. I wouldn't buy a og vita again if I had to start over again due to the all the improvements. But then again I just play VNs on mine.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I wanna doubledip Atelier Ayesha which is my fave in the series and ignore the framerate issues it may suffer from, and then go through Persona 4 again, and all those indies and.. thanks guys, gonna look for the Vita 2000 deals and think about things. Rather Vita number two than PS3 number three.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/963790338308689920

yay? :confused:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean it's yay if one is interested in Muv-Luv and didn't feel like playing it on a PC.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I mean it's yay if one is interested in Muv-Luv and didn't feel like playing it on a PC.

That's me! I wanted to buy it, but didn't feel like buying a VN on a PC, so that's good news.

Granted, since I didn't think I'd ever read it, I also know the twists, but a good story hardly lives by those alone.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

VNs are better when you can take them with you.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
VNs are always with me, in my heart.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:psyduck:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I thought half the point of a visual novel was that the art isn't poo poo?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Morpheus posted:

Well that's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Oh huh I didn't realize that both Vostok Inc and Iconoclasts were released on Vita, sweet. Vostok Inc in particular seems much better fitted as a mobile game, and I'm much more likely to play Iconoclasts on the go.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Morpheus posted:

I mean it certainly can't hurt, but it is by no means a death knell (see: Higurashi, Umineko).

The character designs in Muv-Luv are an acquired taste to say the least but the production values in at least Alternative are extremely impressive.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I could have sworn the Muv-Luv games already got a Vita release but through, like, Kickstarter or something

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Policenaut posted:

I could have sworn the Muv-Luv games already got a Vita release but through, like, Kickstarter or something

The Kickstarter is for this release. It hasn't come out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Hahahahaha