Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Oh yeah they also decided to buy an extremely expensive dog that has some of the highest average vet bills of any breed. The dog alone was probably going rack up another few thousand in vet costs alone. Boat dogs are pretty common, generally some sort of scrappy mutt that can at least swim, not a loving pug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Modus Pwnens posted:

I feel bad for them, but god drat that before and after is something.

dude used to sell timeshares, i'm sorry sharks didn't get involved.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've always wanted to do something like that...

... but I don't, because I don't know how to loving sail.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Modus Pwnens posted:

Some of the facts as reported just don't even make sense. Two people working with no kids, hustling Uber on the side for two years, selling everything they own, got them $10k? They decided to quit their jobs and leave everything behind with $90 in the bank? What were they going to eat? How were they going to maintain the boat?

The only way it even remotely works is if the hull was stuffed full with drugs they were planning on smuggling from tourist beach to tourist beach.

You're not going to get much drugs for $90.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm still baffled by how many times the article states that they "sold everything" for 10k. They were messed up way before the ship sank.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Modus Pwnens posted:

Some of the facts as reported just don't even make sense. Two people working with no kids, hustling Uber on the side for two years, selling everything they own, got them $10k? They decided to quit their jobs and leave everything behind with $90 in the bank? What were they going to eat? How were they going to maintain the boat?

The only way it even remotely works is if the hull was stuffed full with drugs they were planning on smuggling from tourist beach to tourist beach.

I think the $90 is all they were able to grab before abandoning ship.

EDIT: Maybe this is a really elaborate gofundme type scam. buy a poo poo boat you dont know how to sail, goof around, wreck it and then tell your sob story, and then get charity from people hopefully much larger than what you paid into it.

Blackchamber has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Feb 10, 2018

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

LifeSunDeath posted:

dude used to sell timeshares, i'm sorry sharks didn't get involved.

Scam people out of 5 figure sums. Lose everything.
A fair trade

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
An Air Force radio operator isn't having a good day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oaXkSq4Rvw

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Not only did they lose everything but they are going to have to pay to have the boat removed.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Modus Pwnens posted:

I feel bad for them, but god drat that before and after is something.

drat. Put some sunscreen on.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I just feel bad for them.

Who hasn't, at some point, dreamed of dumping your worldly goods and escaping from the rat race on a boat, into the sunset?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samuringa posted:

I'm still baffled by how many times the article states that they "sold everything" for 10k. They were messed up way before the ship sank.

Do you think it's abnormal in America to be worth less than 10k?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Lol just lol if your liquid net worth isnt at least 6 figures just lol

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

dialhforhero posted:

I can't believe they had that much money and dropped everything to sail around the world oh wait thats what rich people do all the time

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
If you don't have at least three potential organ donors in cold storage in your mansion's surgical center, why do you even bother to get out of bed?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gleebster posted:

Only the pug looks stoic.

It's the least retarded thing in the picture and it knows it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

belt posted:

Do you think it's abnormal in America to be worth less than 10k?

Yes? It's a first world country, your car is supposed to be worth more than that.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

C.M. Kruger posted:

An Air Force radio operator isn't having a good day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oaXkSq4Rvw

He's not yelling. Hes got something wrong with the system.

You want airmen shouting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry9f8PnENm0

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Traxis posted:

Not only did they lose everything but they are going to have to pay to have the boat removed.

never go full retard

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Well the ocean is full of fish, they can just eat those!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go2qFO2IWog

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Baronjutter posted:

Oh yeah they also decided to buy an extremely expensive dog that has some of the highest average vet bills of any breed. The dog alone was probably going rack up another few thousand in vet costs alone. Boat dogs are pretty common, generally some sort of scrappy mutt that can at least swim, not a loving pug.

Pugs are fragile as hell. My friends pug jumped off his couch and collided face first with with the edge of a short table and loving DIED from it. Before his passing, Mr Peabody also needed to be pushed around in a stroller like a baby because he couldn't really stand walking outside in the heat and humidity where we lived for more than a few minutes due to his short and malformed snout. He was adorable in his way, but we shouldn't perpetuate pugs.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
I didn't see this season of BattleBots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmm-DFSh6Aw

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ariong posted:

It kind of seems like the boat equivalent of buying a plane you can't fly and driving it off the runway and into a ditch.

But you don't have the plane as the place you keep all your stuff and as your home...

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Contains a cat knocking down a deck.
The cat later committed suicide because it had accomplished everything it could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvvfaS0HcY

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Baronjutter posted:

I feel like a pug would make the best buoy of any dog, at least.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
But it would be a terrible meal. If you're planning to be stranded at sea you should take a mastiff, or really splurge on it and get a horse or a cow.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

It was, but no longer. Enrique successfully sued me. With my own lawyer.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Samuringa posted:

But it would be a terrible meal. If you're planning to be stranded at sea you should take a mastiff

This is a terrible idea. You need a dog that you'd be able to take in a fight about who eats who.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Samuringa posted:

Yes? It's a first world country, your car is supposed to be worth more than that.

Bad and boojee right here

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm really confused. The picture didn't change in the original post?

10 Beers posted:

The cyclist with the yellow helmet and greet shorts has a red bike seat and it looks like blood? Otherwise, I got nothin.

Shame on you for reading these dead gay forums while being under 30 :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSSOUU6yYYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdq1qJkahDY

Can't find the full episode anymore :(

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Samuringa posted:

:lol: :hmbol: :lol:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Lemme tell you about not even owning a car, it'll blow your mind.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Samuringa posted:

Wow, gently caress you.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I've got a pretty good-sized student loan to my name you poors. You fuckin peasants. :smuggo:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I just assumed life in the north hemisphere was smooth :shrug:

If you guys are scraping by what is everyone else supposed to aim for?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Samuringa posted:

I just assumed life in the north hemisphere was smooth :shrug:

If you guys are scraping by what is everyone else supposed to aim for?

We're literally turning into something like a cyberpunk dystopia without any of the cool bits

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Azhais posted:

We're literally turning into something like a cyberpunk dystopia without any of the cool bits

Basically imagine if Luke Skywalker was seen as bougie because he could actually afford a hovercar and Blue Milk and not have to settle for licking rocks and giving handjobs to Jabba just to make ends meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Whoa whoa whoa, handies to Jabba? What are you, royalty?