Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

You'd think of all people uhhh cis women wouldn't have this erotic fixation with sticking it in dry but it's in so much yaoi lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yuri comedy popped up. Shouraiteki ni Shindekure

Girl is incredibly thirsty for her classmate.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Speaking of thirsty, did anyone mention that faces mangaMousou Telepathy has picked up again and that we're enjoying the faces over in the thread?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Apparently another group picked up Shishunki Bitter Change after the last one dropped it some time ago, and they post it to imgur from their tumblr page. :toot:

http://shishunkibitterchange.tumblr.com/

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I've been generally disappointed by all the gender bender bodyswap stuff I've read. What's to like about this one?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's pretty much the only one I've ever found to be worth reading. They get swapped as young kids then are never able to swap back, so they have to pretend to be each other and live their lives in the wrong bodies, including getting older and dealing w/puberty and crushes and such.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

I've been generally disappointed by all the gender bender bodyswap stuff I've read. What's to like about this one?

It's less about ~goofy antics~ and ~awkward pervert moments~ and more how it would actually be really difficult to be in a situation like that. The story has a generally very somber tone, and the characters are all pretty likable and grounded fairly realistically.

It also actually focuses on longer term consequences, as by the current point in the story, the protagonists swapped over towards the end of elementary school, and they're in the middle of high school at this point.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Kaguya is a cooking manga now.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Manga creator Toshiya Wakabayashi revealed on Twitter on Wednesday that Tsuredure Children has fewer than 20 chapters remaining, and will end with the 12th compiled volume.

Maybe 20 chapters is enough time for Motoyama :pray:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What are some good classic shoujo series? Only thing I have on the backlog right now are Inuyasha and Sailor moon.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
The Rose of Versailles.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Inuyasha is a shounen which is why it sucks as a romance.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Huh I thought i remembered it being shoujo, guess not

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

Inuyasha is a shounen which is why it sucks as a romance.

While Inuyasha sucks as a romance, it isn't particularly shounen in that regard. I know it ran in a shounen magazine, but Inuyasha's character has far more in common with a shoujo love interest than he does a shounen protagonist (not to mention the fact that he's not the protagonist in the first place). The general "beats" of the romance are also more consistent with a shoujo romance than a shounen one (Inuyasha being a sorta abrasive character who occasionally shows his soft/caring side). It doesn't really fit into either category particularly well if you just look at the various tropes and character archetypes it employs. I was also a teen back when it was coming out, and it was generally far more popular with girls than it was guys back then.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Caitlin posted:

The Rose of Versailles.

And Utena. In a related note I'm still waiting on that Oscar Movie :sigh:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

While Inuyasha sucks as a romance, it isn't particularly shounen in that regard. I know it ran in a shounen magazine, but Inuyasha's character has far more in common with a shoujo love interest than he does a shounen protagonist (not to mention the fact that he's not the protagonist in the first place). The general "beats" of the romance are also more consistent with a shoujo romance than a shounen one (Inuyasha being a sorta abrasive character who occasionally shows his soft/caring side). It doesn't really fit into either category particularly well if you just look at the various tropes and character archetypes it employs. I was also a teen back when it was coming out, and it was generally far more popular with girls than it was guys back then.

Somewhat paradoxically, I don't think citing the demographic a work ends up being more popular with is indicative of it being shounen or not. Current Jump series like Haikyuu and Gintama are way more popular with girls and I don't think anyone is clamoring to argue they're shoujo.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm watching it now and it definitely toes the line between shounen and shoujo. It feels like a shounen action series marketed more towards girls.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Why not discuss the art itself instead of the boring decisions the artist made at the behest of capitalism

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Is Senran Kagura More or Less Woke Because Of Its Punk Fashion Collabs: my animefeminist article

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Where can I find the senkag punk fashion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Where can I find the senkag punk fashion
https://www.jrocknews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/kincs.png

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Senran Kagura believes in the importance of not giving up on education, since some of them are in their 20s and still in high school.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ah, the otokojuku method

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I can't access this on desktop and I couldn't see very well on my phone but I'm gonna assume punk's not dead

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I don’t have the courage to show that image to the punks in my life.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
every time someone says punk is dead, it grows more powerful.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I can see it on my phone better now and punk's not dead

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

every time someone says punk is dead, it grows more powerful.

the main people going to punk shows and forming bands are teens and young 20 somethings so it's extremely alive, actually

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Sound Euphonium, but with punk rock.

This is why Sonico is unironically the best waifu.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think you misspelled Super Pochaco

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Cuntellectual posted:

You've just reminded me that NANA will probably never get an ending and now I'm going to drink some whiskey and maybe cry a bit.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

This is why Sonico is unironically the best waifu.

I forget the name of the insane punk rock fighting manga with the trans girl who gets progressively more and more stacked platform boots to club people with but anywayits loving epic

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Mentat Radnor posted:

You've just reminded me that NANA will probably never get an ending and now I'm going to drink some whiskey and maybe cry a bit.

NANA unraveled a bit and it's for the better imho.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mentat Radnor posted:

what happened with it, anyways?

Cuntellectual posted:

Apparently another group picked up Shishunki Bitter Change after the last one dropped it some time ago, and they post it to imgur from their tumblr page. :toot:

http://shishunkibitterchange.tumblr.com/

Incase anyone's reading this, they posted the newest translated chapter and I really hope it doesn't end with the two main characters getting together, because one of them has expressed zero attraction to the other so far.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Cuntellectual posted:

what happened with it, anyways?

The author got really sick in 2009 and it went on indefinite hiatus. She's recovered and last year said that she would like to finish the manga, but there's no concrete news about it.

Alder posted:

NANA unraveled a bit and it's for the better imho.

I guess it was meandering a little before it went on hiatus, but I have a little hole in my heart labeled "closure, and hopefully some happiness, for Nana O's character."

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

DisDisDis posted:

I forget the name of the insane punk rock fighting manga with the trans girl who gets progressively more and more stacked platform boots to club people with but anywayits loving epic

Please try to remember my friend, because holy poo poo that sounds rad

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I saved these caps from it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
p sure it was this one https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6520 but there's only like 6 chapters translated out of 10 volumes lol

oh wait no the title is on one of those caps
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1756

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

DisDisDis posted:

In addition to what has already been said, what really hooked me was the tension inherent in living someone else's life. At this point they've lived a full third of their lives post-swap, and I'm becoming convinced they will never swap back (not that any of the characters want to accept that.) A lot of the drama derives from the pull between living as a steward of someone else's body/life, and actually living their own life for their own needs and desires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think they will swap back and then not really know what to do with themselves after that since they've been in each other's bodies for so long.