Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I’m waiting for one of these dude’s moms to pop her head through that door and tell him dinner’s ready.

MOM SHUT UP IM DOING MY LIVE STREAM. MY FRIENDS ARE HERE, GOD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sunning posted:

Ridge Racer 6 was Xbox 360 exclusive. Ridge Racer 7 is PS3 exclusive. Ridge Racer 8 is Switch exclusive. Ridge Racer 9 is ???
I know not what Ridge Racer 9 will be fought with, but Ridge Racer 10 will be fought with sticks and stones.

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/962088553407832066

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
RE: Hollow Knight 60fps on switch

RatHat posted:

Wait seriously? That’s pretty impressive.

Also the improvements they've done to the renderer to get there will get ported to the Steam version as well.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Kins posted:

I know not what Ridge Racer 9 will be fought with, but Ridge Racer 10 will be fought with sticks and stones.

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/962088553407832066

Cool. The audio going out issue made me put it away for awhile.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Max Factory is doing 1/3rd scale Switch case replicas that are keycahins but also still working cases you can put the cartridge in

Every physical Switch game should come with a regular-sized case and one of these keychain cases.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Thank God, Falcom didn't give these people Cold Steel 3. That's great!

The only game I wanted in that stream was The 25th Ward on PS4 so hey that's better than nothing. Thanks NISA.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Did anything they showed off look even remotely interesting

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chucktesla posted:

Did anything they showed off look even remotely interesting

I think The Longest Five Minutes looks like it could be. It's for Switch too.

Comes out next week so I'll be on the lookout for what people think.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Weedle posted:

Every physical Switch game should come with a regular-sized case and one of these keychain cases.

:yeah:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I’m enjoying Mercenary Kings a lot more than I did on PS4, maybe the update did some good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I’ll take frames over fidelity in RL on Switch. If I’m hard up for some extra pixels I’ll play on Xbox. 4K patch should be coming soonish.

Still, great news. Yet again another example of why I have no problem throwing Psyonix some scratch for keys every now and then.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Dragon quest builders doesn't hit stores til like Tuesday but it's on the eShop now, is that right? I kind of want it badly but heck, it's $10 more than the physical version from Amazon.

Maybe I'll play Disgaea 5 and fire emblem SNES a few more days.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So the switch is getting a Touhou roguelike...

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
drat Dragon Quest Builders is addicting. The camera sucks once you try to make multiple-floored buildings but otherwise it's a good game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I’m enjoying Mercenary Kings a lot more than I did on PS4, maybe the update did some good.
I played it a billion years ago when it was released on the PC and I just had no idea where they were going with it, so I don’t know what to ask you to try to figure out how it’s changed since then.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Pakistani politics posted:

Dragon quest builders doesn't hit stores til like Tuesday but it's on the eShop now, is that right? I kind of want it badly but heck, it's $10 more than the physical version from Amazon.

Maybe I'll play Disgaea 5 and fire emblem SNES a few more days.

My local Best Buy had copies on the shelf today. I'm still debating on whether I should pick it up or not for $20 with GCU and a $20 gift card.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dandara doesnt seem very metroidy so far, but, I like it. The first boss is a dalek :kimchi:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I read a review of The Longest Five Minutes and it was very positive so I'm going to pick that up when I can.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shits about to get real with the upcoming Splatfest

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/962159202453028865?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Just saw this, last time I saw it, it was just for Japan. Is it getting a physical release? Very intrigued. It looks like Minecraft Spore but hopefully not bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdflhkNkJL0&hd=1

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Steamworld Dig 2 is having a physical release. Announced today I think.

I promise I'm not a shill, I just really like this series.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

antidote posted:

Steamworld Dig 2 is having a physical release. Announced today I think.

I promise I'm not a shill, I just really like this series.

nothin suspicious about loving steamworld dig 2. game rocks

Weedle
May 31, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

game rocks

:haw:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I played it a billion years ago when it was released on the PC and I just had no idea where they were going with it, so I don’t know what to ask you to try to figure out how it’s changed since then.

I played it at PS4 launch so my merories are hazy.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fun Times! posted:

drat Dragon Quest Builders is addicting. The camera sucks once you try to make multiple-floored buildings but otherwise it's a good game.

I put it in first person when I was working on the interior of those in the demo, but I don't think you can go into first person when you're outside a building.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Area 5 is the first area in Celeste that I just straight up did not like.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How about a metroid Prime Trilogy port nintendo?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Speaking of ports, the Japanese noticed something yesterday that's kind of interesting. After almost three years of silence, Nintendo updated the Japanese website for Xenoblade Chronicles X with 2018 copyrights. None of the other past Xenoblade pages (Chronicles, Chronicles 3DS) were updated with that, just Chronicles X. Naturally they're theorizing that Nintendo may be planning a Switch port.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Port every WiiU exclusive to the Switch. Do it. It’s manifest destiny.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Speaking of ports, the Japanese noticed something yesterday that's kind of interesting. After almost three years of silence, Nintendo updated the Japanese website for Xenoblade Chronicles X with 2018 copyrights. None of the other past Xenoblade pages (Chronicles, Chronicles 3DS) were updated with that, just Chronicles X. Naturally they're theorizing that Nintendo may be planning a Switch port.

I hope they are doing something worthwhile instead

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Port every WiiU exclusive to the Switch. Do it. It’s manifest destiny.

Yeah fuckers, trick me into playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE again.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I remember Mercenary Kings was good in concept but the guns were so badly balanced that if you weren't using an optimal setup (which one high-power single-shot as I recall) you were so underpowered it wasn't fun.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I enjoy Splatoon every single time I play it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

https://twitter.com/HeEt_P90/status/962197085754830848

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Policenaut posted:

The director(?) for XCX previously said he'd like to do a Switch port if possible, which means they've been working to make it happen and after XC2's sales I have no doubt they put even more effort in to it. XCX sold pretty well considering it was only on the WiiU and if they can sell even that many copies again, let alone more, they'd be stupid not to do it.

Especially if they can include a 1080p remaster of XC1. :getin:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Oh yeah, did anyone mention the Splatoon live gig they did today?

https://twitter.com/SuperDaStar/status/962253801947197445

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

What exclusives are coming out for the switch this year? I have Bayonetta 1+2 pre-ordered

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Parenting posted:

What exclusives are coming out for the switch this year? I have Bayonetta 1+2 pre-ordered

Kirby comes out next month. Labo the month after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Bad Parenting posted:

Probably a bunch more to be announced for this year.

I’m placing my bets on a late Feb direct to at least address the my Nintendo rewards for switch and possibly some online services / game news.

• Locked thread