Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New thread title :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh yeah it’s that game series from a billion years ago.

edit: I see from the cutscenes chose that they have no interest in catching anyone up who isn't still on top of the story.

They already released all the previous games on PS4 to do that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I can't believe this trade show video didn't explain the entire series to me

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Binging through SotC for the last couple days has made me weirdly reluctant about getting back into MHW. Man I don't wanna buy potions and pick up stuff, just lemme ride on my horse through an empty landscape doing nothing for 10 minutes before slaying a giant in 30 seconds flat.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ŕest mode = god mode

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

Binging through SotC for the last couple days has made me weirdly reluctant about getting back into MHW. Man I don't wanna buy potions and pick up stuff, just lemme ride on my horse through an empty landscape doing nothing for 10 minutes before slaying a giant in 30 seconds flat.

All I want now is for Bluepoint to remake ICO :pray:.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I want Bluepoint to remake TLG with a better frame rate

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I want Bluepoint to remake my life

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All I want now is for Bluepoint to remake ICO :pray:.

They should put in an achievement for beating the game without ever holding the princess' hand.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I want EA to remake Mass Effect 3 on a console that can run it without giving me a migraine :v:

its called the pc :smug:

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I got shadow of the colossus on release day but it's still in the wrapper because I can't stop playing mhw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

They should put in an achievement for beating the game without ever holding the princess' hand.

Ah the goon trophy

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bad Parenting posted:

I got shadow of the colossus on release day but it's still in the wrapper because I can't stop playing mhw

I did the same in reverse but I spent nearly five hours on mhw today and I don't know own what the gently caress I'm going to do now :negative:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Playing the last of us again after taking a break from it for a month and lol the controls are not intuitive at all, took me like half hour to.get the hang of it again 😌

Still not particularly enjoying this game 😪😪🙄

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Samuringa posted:

I want Bluepoint to remake my life

They only remake beloved classics.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Playing the last of us again after taking a break from it for a month and lol the controls are not intuitive at all, took me like half hour to.get the hang of it again 😌

Been playing through this slowly for over a year and still not finished it. Honestly I know I’m gonna sound like a scrub or whatever but even on the lowest difficulty it’s SO loving HARD. I’m near the beginning of Winter during a section where zombies are coming through windows either side of you really constantly and I find it basically impossible

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Ah the goon trophy

No, the goon trophy is the one where you want to but can't hold her hand because you are carrying a printer through the entire game...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

Been playing through this slowly for over a year and still not finished it. Honestly I know I’m gonna sound like a scrub or whatever but even on the lowest difficulty it’s SO loving HARD. I’m near the beginning of Winter during a section where zombies are coming through windows either side of you really constantly and I find it basically impossible

Yeah I'm not nearly as far along as you, playing on normal and while I wouldn't say it's been too difficult so far but it certainly isn't particularly forgiving. I get that it's basically a resource puzzle game but even on the easier difficulties with plentiful resources it's still really easy to gently caress up completely and have to start the whole sequence over again, which is annoying and frustrating. Stealth games aren't particularly my jam so I'm not finding the gameplay particular ly compelling

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I always felt that TLoU perfectly nails the “Stealth until you can’t” approach. I approach every encounter like “Find and use every brick, distract them with a bottle, descend like the angel of death” and it works pretty great every time

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
I keep PS Vue on while I'm at work so the playstation doesn't get bored

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I thought TLoU really opened up after I got a couple of weapons in every slot, after the Hotel, I think?

Even then, you're never a juggernaut, you always gotta be sneaky and take out as many people unnoticed as you can and when you do get spotted you gotta go guerrilla, take one out, drop a Molotov or nail bomb, run and hide, watch as they follow your trail and pick them up from behind. Adjust your strategy as necessary, of course.

Get those upgrades too, and open every single door that requires a shiv.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hopper posted:

No, the goon trophy is the one where you want to but can't hold her hand because you are carrying a printer through the entire game...

:chanpop:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The HL2E2 rocket man trophy, except it's a printer

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

fridge corn posted:

That's my Last of Us story too. I'm not sure why it never clicked with me.

edit: What's the early word on the Secret of Mana remake?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I got to the bit in TLOU where you're forced into open combat with a bunch of clickers outside a church, and got too annoyed to continue. They kept insta-killing me and I could never improve because there was no shotgun ammo. :saddowns:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Bad Parenting posted:

JBP posted:

I did the same in reverse but I spent nearly five hours on mhw today and I don't know own what the gently caress I'm going to do now :negative:

I bought both at the same time and their both still in shrinkwrap because of life and the fact that I'm finishing up Ratchet and Clank.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

woody speaking japanese is really loving with my brain here

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

cubicle gangster posted:

I know I'm a couple pages late, but I have had my eye on steep for a while - it seems like the kind of thing I could chill on, but did someone seriously loving step into this thread and go 'mmm yeah I bought it you guys should think about it too, it's on sale, it's only $40'

I would like to play it still but it's not skate, let it die and drop to $10. I have not heard anything to justify it's price being any higher.

I don’t believe I said only 40 bucks, and I’ve bitched earlier that 40 bucks is a fair bit of money, but I do feel like I’ve gotten 40 bucks worth out of it. If they had a DLC-less version on sale I’d say get that, but only the combo pack is on sale.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

This, but games in general. I was just thinking about how tired I am of constantly upgrading poo poo and loot and ability trees. I miss straight forward, no BS gaming.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bad Parenting posted:

Seriously. Me and a few friends hunted mon for like 8 straight hours last night. It's been a while since I played a game that didn't really have a story and yet felt completely and utterly addictive. What amazes me is that it still has so many small, curated details that keep things fresh. It's very, very Japanese and doesn't feel like a western open world game created by algorithm. There are a million little decisions they made to keep the formula fresh after dozens of hours, and overall it's just such a full package of content for $60.

"One more quest" is usually what I find myself saying at 4 in the morning.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

woody speaking japanese is really loving with my brain here

I never played a Kingdom Hearts game but having Toy Story and Monster Inc characters sold me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Montalvo posted:

Between the needlessly cloying music that is out of place and the boring puzzles that make me feel condescended to, my only emotional response to Rime is contempt.

Yep

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Don't forget the SotC pro move: the jumping downward stab. Jump straight up then hold R2 + Square. If you land directly on a sigil, it instantly does as much damage as a fully powered normal stab. There's even a trophy for getting the killing blow with that move.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

I never played a Kingdom Hearts game but having Toy Story and Monster Inc characters sold me.

Same the fights look crazy too. Gonna skip all the cutscenes i can tho

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's as bad as skipping the cutscenes in an MGS game

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Is that some Tangled in there?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like mgs strangereal better than metaphysical dream fugue disney final fantasy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anora posted:

Is that some Tangled in there?

Yup, so far the new worlds we know are Tangled, Big Hero 6, Toy Story and Monsters Inc

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

skipping kh cutscenes is cowardice, embrace all that drat nonsense plot until you learn to love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I could only take the cutscene before the second Riku fight on Hollow Bastion so many times as a kid.