Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Defiant Sally posted:

NOTHIN AT ALL

Stupid sexy goon

Pro snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
today my dental hygienist told me that protein shakes might be the cause of my recent aggressive tartar production because my body is sweating out all the excess calcium and such

i’m right for thinking this sounds 80% crazy, aren’t i?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

today my dental hygienist told me that protein shakes might be the cause of my recent aggressive tartar production because my body is sweating out all the excess calcium and such

Idk, what’s your dental hygienist squat?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

dads friend steve posted:

Idk, what’s your dental hygienist squat?
not enough for me to trust her

also what’s with the skinny fat just-out-of-college dudes who come to the gym, hop on the exercise bike for 45 minutes and go home without ever picking up a weight? biggest mystery in the gym

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

TenementFunster posted:

not enough for me to trust her

also what’s with the skinny fat just-out-of-college dudes who come to the gym, hop on the exercise bike for 45 minutes and go home without ever picking up a weight? biggest mystery in the gym

They don't want to get too bulky

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Defiant Sally posted:

Those 2xu tights are absolutely worth every penny btw, and they have a medical grade/classification so insurance companies will pay for them if your doctor says you need them.

Are they pretty thick? As much as I'll defend tights wearing I hate those kind like the Under Armour ones where they are super thin and reveal too much. I have a pair of CWX or whatever they are that are pretty nice but the material is kind of scratchy feeling so I haven't been wearing them lately.

e: Been curious about Virus but I'm not sure if they are actually quality or just the newest fad.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

feelix posted:

They don't want to get too bulky
s-surely that can’t be it...

j-just l-l-l-lol if...

i’m...

i’m the one with the problem?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I want the body type of Geralt of Rivia. Is that achievable without mutagens?

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Do the things the people you want to look like do. Maybe start with killing a ghoul and work your way up from there.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
better not cross DDD, the witcher of the school of the goat

Khorne
May 1, 2002

TenementFunster posted:

Protein Shakes can mess up your teeth just like soda and coffee, but it shouldn't be the cause unless your dental hygiene sucks. As long as you brush thoroughly at least once per day, research actually shows closer to once every 36 hours, nothing should be building up, and as long as you drink some water sometime after your drat protein shake it shouldn't be a big issue.

Did they point out where the buildup was? You're likely just doing a garbage job brushing that area. For me, I struggle to hit the back of my bottom front few teeth well. It's real drat awkward and hard and takes a concentrated effort.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 9, 2018

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Constipated posted:

Do the things the people you want to look like do. Maybe start with killing a ghoul and work your way up from there.

sit cross-legged meditation-style while mixing your PWOs and protein shakes

Good luck with the excessive scarring though

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
people who want big toes should do the toe-heel walk like people in ye olden tymes used to do, instead of heel-toe walking

17th century dudes were big on showing off big calves, thighs and asses so you know you can trust their advice. you could buy calf inserts for your breeches if you had shameful tiny calves too

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm okay with my toe size.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Defiant Sally posted:

Because I need to show off my legs and rear end

Feels like im wearing nothing at all

:nms: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c8/8a/22/c88a22836a39497f9386726c25486ae9--manga-boy-anime-manga.jpg :nms:

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I want the body type of Geralt of Rivia. Is that achievable without mutagens?

Probably not but I think there are ways to get similar kind of lash marks.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

A guy at my gym was benching with sponges in his hands. Like dude just buy some gloves geez.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Are they pretty thick? As much as I'll defend tights wearing I hate those kind like the Under Armour ones where they are super thin and reveal too much. I have a pair of CWX or whatever they are that are pretty nice but the material is kind of scratchy feeling so I haven't been wearing them lately.

e: Been curious about Virus but I'm not sure if they are actually quality or just the newest fad.

No, they honestly can't be compared to UA or Nike compression tights. They're not thick at all though, when I've got a sick leg pump going you can kinda see through them in the bendy areas. I think they're rated at 20-30 mmhg compression.

They're also $170 Canadian so you're getting what you pay for.

nothin at all

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm going to buy straps because I have tiny tiny hands.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

hemale in pain posted:

I'm going to buy straps because I have tiny tiny hands.

Apparently if you have REALLY tiny hands straps can make things harder because the extra grip is not enough to offset the increased diameter

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Use the 15kg women's bar

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

feelix posted:

Apparently if you have REALLY tiny hands straps can make things harder because the extra grip is not enough to offset the increased diameter

I have like small lady size hands so not freakishly small but small enough. Straps are cheap so I might aswell try them.

Gonna start doing farmers walks too

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
HGH can grow your hands

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I try to only use straps when maxing out, so that I don't lose grip strength.

Got them forearms like Popeye

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I use straps because the bar hurts my hand and I'm a wuss.

Once I got to 4 plates I started using them and I've never looked back.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I thought I needed straps because past 130 kg I'd get really spooked about the weight.

Turns out I just needed chalk and all of a sudden I'm not scared of losing my grip and I can just hoist 320 lbs off the ground without too much problem.

I may be getting strong goons

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm just getting fat. But I don't care because I love food and also I guess I'm stronger too.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

hemale in pain posted:

I have like small lady size hands so not freakishly small but small enough. Straps are cheap so I might aswell try them.

Gonna start doing farmers walks too

Youre speaking my language. Since i started doing farmers walks my grip strength has gotten insane. It used to annoy me having to wear straps for deads because i felt i was cheating but now i dont feel so bad wear straps for my volume deadlifts to a) stop tearing ny hands to shreds and b) avoid alternate grip as much as possible because i was developing an imbalance in my rhomboids. Now i do heavy harmers one week and light, longer sprints for distance the next and my grip strength is loving insane now knowing that i can hold pretty much any weight in my hands that i could deadlift if needed. Even dudes with bigger hands than me comment on my handshake and handjob prowess.

Also my gym just got a proper yoke and holy gently caress that thing owns. Now all we need is stones and a log.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Cutting while also dealing with work stress is really rough. I broke a good streak of keeping under my calorie limit today :(

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Khorne posted:

Protein Shakes can mess up your teeth just like soda and coffee, but it shouldn't be the cause unless your dental hygiene sucks. As long as you brush thoroughly at least once per day, research actually shows closer to once every 36 hours, nothing should be building up, and as long as you drink some water sometime after your drat protein shake it shouldn't be a big issue.

Did they point out where the buildup was? You're likely just doing a garbage job brushing that area. For me, I struggle to hit the back of my bottom front few teeth well. It's real drat awkward and hard and takes a concentrated effort.
lower front, and it’s only been a recent problem, as in i’ve been getting cleanings every four months now. i brush and floss very often, but scaling has been a problem there for the past four years, which is about as long as i’ve been doing regular shakes. the concept of the excess minerals or whatever leaching into my saliva was kind of a trip. i’ve always had crazy active saliva glands, too. just wondered if anyone else has got the same weird dr oz advice

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Shakes have never hosed with my teeth and I drink several everyday for years now. Do you drink them slowly or chug it down like me? I usually either drink it with only enough water to keep it from being thick so it can go down with 1 chug, or if it's a 3 scooper I chug about a third each time. 3 scoop is usually my intra workout shake.

I know some people who savor the flavor of their shakes and drink it really slow. I used to be disgusted by the taste of most proteins in the beginning of my lifting career and had to develop the ability to send it right on down the pipe.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
CHUG THAT poo poo ALWAYS

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Constipated posted:

Shakes have never hosed with my teeth and I drink several everyday for years now. Do you drink them slowly or chug it down like me? I usually either drink it with only enough water to keep it from being thick so it can go down with 1 chug, or if it's a 3 scooper I chug about a third each time. 3 scoop is usually my intra workout shake.

I know some people who savor the flavor of their shakes and drink it really slow. I used to be disgusted by the taste of most proteins in the beginning of my lifting career and had to develop the ability to send it right on down the pipe.

Cookies and cream 3 scoop shake with milk drunk over the course of about half an hour :discourse:

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

Firos posted:

A guy at my gym was benching with sponges in his hands. Like dude just buy some gloves geez.

I've seen more and more people using sponges, I don't get it? Is there some fitness Youtuber praising sponges?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
They're a super old-school thing actually. Maybe someone is bringing them back but they used to be more popular.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Like, live ocean sponges? That's cruel.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

TenementFunster posted:

lower front, and it’s only been a recent problem, as in i’ve been getting cleanings every four months now. i brush and floss very often, but scaling has been a problem there for the past four years, which is about as long as i’ve been doing regular shakes. the concept of the excess minerals or whatever leaching into my saliva was kind of a trip. i’ve always had crazy active saliva glands, too. just wondered if anyone else has got the same weird dr oz advice

Oddly, I think that might be the case for me as well. Just kind of chalked it up to getting older or something.

Found out today that my gym has a boxing area on the third floor, and actually that we have a third floor. Looking forward to hitting the bag. Though that means I will probably end up spending 3 hours at the gym on certain days; so much for my life. Embrace the gym.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Oddly, I think that might be the case for me as well. Just kind of chalked it up to getting older or something.

Found out today that my gym has a boxing area on the third floor, and actually that we have a third floor. Looking forward to hitting the bag. Though that means I will probably end up spending 3 hours at the gym on certain days; so much for my life. Embrace the gym.

Maybe you know this already, but do not hit the bag without wraps and some idea of how to do it properly. You can break your wrist real easy.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
I bench usin 2 brillo pads, my hands are indestructible at this point.

I subscribe to the Rich Piana theory of gettin big - more scar tissue on my hands is more tissue baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Injured my back deadlifting about 3 months ago, gained 8lbs during my rehab and came back stronger than I've ever been. I've been pretty down thinking I might not be able to do compounds heavy anymore but getting back into it this week really turned everything around for me.

That batman quote comes to mind...

Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick our selves up.

But it's true this is my first real injury in 4ish years and I'm coming away with a lot of knowledge and a better understanding of my body so while I'm not saying I enjoyed hurting my self, I feel it was beneficial in its own right.

Fallows fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 11, 2018