Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bad Parenting posted:

What exclusives are coming out for the switch this year? I have Bayonetta 1+2 pre-ordered

That new No More Heroes game should be on its way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://youtu.be/1MewcnFl_6Y
Keep Santa Cruz Nintendo Weird

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Bad Parenting posted:

What exclusives are coming out for the switch this year? I have Bayonetta 1+2 pre-ordered

Of Nintendo, there's still that new Fire Emblem that they haven't revealed other than that it's coming. There's also that new Yoshi platformer.

Exclusive 3rd party titles? I think all the obvious ones were mentioned.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Kirby comes out next month. Labo the month after that

Kirby looks like it's gonna be really fun. I'm also excited for Fire Emblem, but I want more information and hope it's mechanics are closer to Awakening than Fates.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I pulled out my 3DS and tried to play it a bit but it’s like playing while looking through a picket fence compared to how it would be on the Switch. All WiiU and 3DS games ported to the Switch is the only thing that makes sense in a cosmic Mandate of Heaven sense.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Most 3DS games were fine on the 3DS, besides the ports that didn’t quite work. I’d like a few sequels but no direct ports.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Raise your hand if you played through the entirety of Snake Eater on the 3DS at 240p and 20fps o/

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Any more opinions on Dragon Quest Builders? I like crafting/exploring games but have no imagination to do poo poo on my own so it sounds like this could be perfect for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Any more opinions on Dragon Quest Builders? I like crafting/exploring games but have no imagination to do poo poo on my own so it sounds like this could be perfect for me.

It sounds perfect for you

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bad Parenting posted:

Project Octopath Traveller
Mario Tennis Aces
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Exclusives but probably not until 2019:

Metroid Prime 4
SMT: V
Bayonetta 3

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
drat the Bayonetta 1 and 2 pack is expensive in Japan. Do I really need to play the first game yet again?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

It sounds perfect for you the Switch

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Samurai Sanders posted:

drat the Bayonetta 1 and 2 pack is expensive in Japan. Do I really need to play the first game yet again?

I'm wondering if I should grab both or just get Bayo 2 as well. I haven't played Bayo 1 since it came out on 360 -- I know it's good but does it really have anything the second game doesn't?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

goferchan posted:

I'm wondering if I should grab both or just get Bayo 2 as well. I haven't played Bayo 1 since it came out on 360 -- I know it's good but does it really have anything the second game doesn't?
Everything about each of the Jeanne fights is among my favorite things in games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

A Proper Uppercut posted:

It gives you a lot of pointers on what to do, in some cases outright giving you a blueprint and telling you to perfectly duplicate it.

It's very fun, and very charming. There's a demo on the eShop that gives you a good enough taste to decide if you like it or not.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Labyrinth of Refrain just got a Switch and Steam port announced, and I guess in English? It's a very good dungeon RPG IMO.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The Jeanne fights are best in the game, possibly best in the entire genre, but yeah I've played it on 360 and still have a PC copy so I'd prefer not to triple-dip if possible.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love Bayonetta 2 but I still think the first one is slightly better.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love Bayonetta 2 but I still think the first one is slightly better.

Nostalgia, if you played both the first time today most would say 2 is better

Barudak
May 7, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The second one has less exhaustingly long diversions from the core gameplay, but I still think the first is better.

Theyre both super good and Bayo 3 is gonna be amazing.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Ayup

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
As someone who didn’t play most games released in the past 10ish years, I would appreciate if they could re-release all previous games in a series before releasing the brand new game in a series like they’re doing with Bayonetta.

I’d love to play Metroid Prime 1-3. (Somehow I’ve never ever played ANY Metroid game. Yeah, I don’t know either.)

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Fair point, though fyi the metroid prime games were not made from the past 10 years. MP1 was 2002, MP2 was 2004, and MP3 was 2007. In retrospect, those games are ooooold now

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mahoning posted:

As someone who didn’t play most games released in the past 10ish years, I would appreciate if they could re-release all previous games in a series before releasing the brand new game in a series like they’re doing with Bayonetta.

I’d love to play Metroid Prime 1-3. (Somehow I’ve never ever played ANY Metroid game. Yeah, I don’t know either.)
If you've played Castlevania games starting with SOTN that's also okay.

edit: SOTN Switch port along with all the GBA and DS games. Manifest destiny.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 10, 2018

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Mahoning posted:

Get a rom of Super Metroid right now.

So that's you, veni veni veni, and I that want a MP 1-3 Switch. Motion passed!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

funkmeister posted:

Get a rom of Super Metroid right now.

So that's you, veni veni veni, and I that want a MP 1-3 Switch. Motion passed!

???

Why wouldn't you just buy it on your wiiu vc?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

alf_pogs posted:

nothin suspicious about loving steamworld dig 2. game rocks

Oh yump?

I've got too many games, but I like goon games and physical crosses my impulse-buy threshold.

(Are you listening, Hollow Knight?)

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I haven't played either Bayonetta games, anyone mind giving a quick explanation on them?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Tatsuta Age posted:

???

Why wouldn't you just buy it on your wiiu vc?

And pay money to Nintendo? Pff, try again loser.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I haven't played either Bayonetta games, anyone mind giving a quick explanation on them?

Sexy librarian clothed in magic hair kills angels.

The only thing that really bugs me in Bayo 1 was the instant kill QTEs. Those were terrible.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Played a Devil May Cry? Metal Gear Revengeance? Ninja Gaiden?

It's a third person action game where you fight enemies with your martial arts, guns, gun shoes, and witch powers. There's a heavy focus on combos, dodging and being stylish. The plot is fun over-the-top nonsense, and the enemy designs are loosely based on the hosed up old testament angels where they're described as being eighteen feet tall multiarmed cyclopes, or six heads mounted on a burning wheel.

Button mashing will get you killed, precision and grace will beat back the angelic hordes.

E: they're both pretty sick and I'm literally buying the first game for the fourth time on Switch.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 10, 2018

Bungbroy
Dec 14, 2004

Sweet teats of the godbung, lend me thy broys

I played both 1 and 2 back to back for the first time a couple years ago on Wii U and ended up liking the first a little more too. I think it has more weirdness in it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ventana posted:

Fair point, though fyi the metroid prime games were not made from the past 10 years. MP1 was 2002, MP2 was 2004, and MP3 was 2007. In retrospect, those games are ooooold now

I bought a GameCube, played Wind Waker, and then got rid of it.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Not Operator posted:

Played a Devil May Cry? Metal Gear Revengeance? Ninja Gaiden?

It's a third person action game where you fight enemies with your martial arts, guns, gun shoes, and witch powers. There's a heavy focus on combos, dodging and being stylish. The plot is fun over-the-top nonsense, and the enemy designs are loosely based on the hosed up old testament angels where they're described as being eighteen feet tall multiarmed cyclopes, or six heads mounted on a burning wheel.

Button mashing will get you killed, precision and grace will beat back the angelic hordes.

E: they're both pretty sick and I'm literally buying the first game for the fourth time on Switch.

How's the difficulty level? I haven't played a ton of action games, and don't want to get stuck on the first level.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

How's the difficulty level? I haven't played a ton of action games, and don't want to get stuck on the first level.

You can adjust the difficulty. Pretty much every Platinum game lets you choose from "super-easy" to "what the gently caress hard". But even if we ignore that, Platinum Games are usually into arcade-like stuff, with lots of checkpoints where the important thing is grades you get for your performance in every battle, and not like Dark Souls where you lose all of your poo poo and restart a lot. So unless you're offended that game gives you a lovely prize, there's really no way to get stuck in their games. It might not feel good to not know what you're doing, but as I've found out, it eventually clicks.

Vookatos fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Feb 10, 2018

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

2 is absolutely better and my opinions are well known to be facts

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
It can be tough, but there are five difficulty settings, and in addition to Easy and Very Easy there are Automatic versions of each where the game does a lot of the heavy lifting for you.

I'd recommend starting on normal though. Once you get the hang of dodging and learn a few useful combos, you can handle a lot of the game. There's also a bunch of useful items that'll give you continues, let you heal and just generally make the game easier. The only reason not to use them is they'll negatively impact your score. Bayonetta has a big focus on score and style, and every combat section of every levels will be ranked according to your performance with a trophy being awarded at the end of every level Viewtiful Joe style.

So yeah there's options. If you don't care about platinum trophies, go nuts with items. If its still a little tricky there's plenty of difficulty options, bottoming out with Very Easy (Automatic) which is the devs claim is playable with one hand, gross at that might sound.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Not Operator posted:

So yeah there's options. If you don't care about platinum trophies, go nuts with items. If its still a little tricky there's plenty of difficulty options, bottoming out with Very Easy (Automatic) which is the devs claim is playable with one hand, gross at that might sound.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-08-ablegamers-names-bayonetta-2-the-most-accessible-mainstream-game-of-2014 It's not just for perverts!

goferchan fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

when are we getting Arcade Archives Donkey Kong on the nintendo switch

we need it to celebrate robie lakeman's new high score as well as the exposure of billy mitchell as a fraud

• Locked thread