Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was willing to give the dumb idea of the trash people the benefit of the doubt at first, but nothing about them has been explained and they have bailed on Rick and Co twice now. It’s only been like 4 years since regular society ended, but they act like people from 1000 years from now that have no understanding of how things were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh yeah they have to explain that helicopter this season as well

I assume trashkru owns it because lol why not

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

socialsecurity posted:

Look man spear technology is far too advanced for them, just like sleeping bags, compasses, a single trip to a sporting goods store in season 1 would of made everything 100x easier for them.

And honestly that'd prolly have made the show better.

I don't normally want Tactical Realism in my zombie story but TWD has presented itself as unflinchingly super serious since day one so at least run with it. It'd be a fun and rare take on the zombie trope.

moist turtleneck posted:

The helicopter pilot rules as their god. His name is up up up up.

Given how well cars and guns are still working there's probably a band of plucky survivors out in Wyoming that are zooming around in F-35s

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 8, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

socialsecurity posted:

Look man spear technology is far too advanced for them, just like sleeping bags, compasses, a single trip to a sporting goods store in season 1 would of made everything 100x easier for them.

They might have been able to build spears, but earlier in the thread, a goon looked up the rando in Maggie’s car that got shot in the head in the MSF to see if he’d ever shown up before, and he was billed as Hilltop’s head blacksmith in his previous appearances.

:lol:

‘Hey our blacksmith is pretty important right?’
‘Yeah.’
‘Should we leave him here? He’s pretty irreplaceable.’
‘Naaaaaaaaah. What could possibly happen?’

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 8, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

This Fly Fly,clear for up up?
Negative Fly Fly, down down.
Ready fly up up, tell story.
Fly Fly, sky blow blow from sun side. Fast now.
Blow blow not fast sky. Up Up faster. Steer toward moon side slow sky.
Fly Fly clear up up. fast of god.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

there is zero chance that helicopter gets explained this season. MAYBE a teaser at the end of the finale.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

They're gonna airlift Coral to the copspital so he can get better in return for folding laundry

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I still love how that place just had a shaft for dumping trash/bodies

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Think about that smell wafting up every morning or during a storm

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

LadyPictureShow posted:

‘Hey our blacksmith is pretty important right?’
‘Yeah.’
‘Should we leave him here? He’s pretty irreplaceable.’
‘Naaaaaaaaah. What could possibly happen?’

They never used any of his poo poo so he was actually pretty useless until that time they had to build a prion for all those bad dudes and maggie had to just put a string of barbed wire around a few 2x4s.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tortuga posted:

They never used any of his poo poo so he was actually pretty useless until that time they had to build a prion for all those bad dudes and maggie had to just put a string of barbed wire around a few 2x4s.

True, true. That would mean the show would be focused on plotting. I can’t believe I’m going to the source material being less stupid, but I remember there being a bit where two Hilltop guys deciding whether or not to throw a spear at a zombie, and one said ‘yeah sure, go for it. Just remember you’ll have to go get it back. So-and-so is to busy to make more spearheads right now’

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

socialsecurity posted:

And where are all the bicycles? Hell, even those granny three-wheeler bikes with a basket on the back would be better than walking all the time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Trashkru are the only ones smart enough to use bikes

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Finally caught up: Negan is amazing and the best. Then a 3-way tie of Carl, Jerry, and Eugene.

How far we've come. :allears:

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm pretty sure Edith and Coral used bikes too, or was it rollerblades?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

Bicycles?! Bicycles?! What the gently caress is this, some season 1 poo poo?!

Cars are still functional 2+ years after an apocalypse you dingus!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was willing to give the dumb idea of the trash people the benefit of the doubt at first, but nothing about them has been explained and they have bailed on Rick and Co twice now. It’s only been like 4 years since regular society ended, but they act like people from 1000 years from now that have no understanding of how things were.

Isn't it 2 years? I'm sure someone worked it out.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Probably best to have 0 expectations when it comes to the helicopter.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/nNBYMtW.gifv

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

So from all the articles I've read, it looks like S4 of FTWD is focusing a lot on Morgan.

Like, it's all Gimple and Kirkman have talked about in regards to Fear. Gee I can't wait for the first Morgan flashback bottle episode!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Acacia REI posted:

So from all the articles I've read, it looks like S4 of FTWD is focusing a lot on Morgan.

Like, it's all Gimple and Kirkman have talked about in regards to Fear. Gee I can't wait for the first Morgan flashback bottle episode!

I seriously think they got jealous that FTWD got so good off their watch, and now they want to meddle in it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is that before he goes crazy or after? I assume before.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
It will be Extreme Pacifist Morgan that tries to stop everyone from being violent constantly

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like Morgan should have said something by now about the stupid crazy group he encountered

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Er wait is it going to be that Morgan thinks everyone is a zombie that must be killed because of blood face kid

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
It will be a unique third Morgan, who just wants to go gambling in Vegas but keeps bumbling around and getting lost.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Now I need someone in the zombpocalypse to have a Segway and one of those solar backpacks

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I feel like it’d make the most sense if it was post-meeting Rick, but pre-‘Duane dying/Clear’ Morgan. Like he strikes out on a long trip for supplies or to look for other survivors and runs across some of them and they team up for a bit.

He never mentioned them to anyone because he went crazy for so long, he doesn’t really remember that time. But given the look of the stick he has in promo shots, it looks like whatever Morgan ends up doing this season, he’ll just be like ‘going to Mexico, bye’

I look forward to their second spin-off: The Walking Dead Multiple Morgan Madness!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Isn't he traveling on foot when he comes back? Does he walk to Mexico?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm very confused how this thing is going to work logistically unless the FTWD people move themselves closer to where TWD cast is. Why would Morgan go from VA to Mexico? Or hell, even GA to Mexico?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That shot of them wearing roller skates reminded me how stupid it was.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm very confused how this thing is going to work logistically unless the FTWD people move themselves closer to where TWD cast is. Why would Morgan go from VA to Mexico? Or hell, even GA to Mexico?

Doesn't he stay in GA until season 5 or 6? I could swear he was the crazy guy who fortified the town and got shot by Coral. So in the space of a year, he goes to the forest, gets sane, travels to mexico, then travels to virginia? Or does he go crazy, go to mexico, come back to Georgia, builds traps, gets shot, gets sane, then goes to Virginia?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I completely forgot this show was in the middle of a season. Does it start again tonight? :psyduck:

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Fear S4 spoilers:

It's been confirmed that they are doing a massive time-jump to accommodate Morgan's addition to the cast, and moving the show to Texas.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Acacia REI posted:

Fear S4 spoilers:

It's been confirmed that they are doing a massive time-jump to accommodate Morgan's addition to the cast, and moving the show to Texas.
That's still a long way from Georgia or Virginia.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Acacia REI posted:

Fear S4 spoilers:

Well that's lame.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Astroman posted:

Well that's lame.
RIP FTWD.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol if ftwd goes farther in the future than twd this next season

I'm sure that won't confuse anyone

What if they piss Morgan off and he kills all of them and the show?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

What if they piss Morgan off and he kills all of them and the show?

that'd be pretty cool tbh

what if they turn it into a hokey scifi where there are multiple timelines and they pull in JJ Abrams and whoever the gently caress did Interstellar and uhhh the director of Primer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Yeah, if Morgan comes in and immediately slays everyone and the series ends there...I'd have to say the show ended on a high note.