Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Mahoning posted:

I bought a GameCube, played Wind Waker, and then got rid of it.

You did play one of the best games on the system, so that's fair, but GC had a lot of good games

where's HD fzero gx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Weedle posted:

Raise your hand if you played through the entirety of Snake Eater on the 3DS at 240p and 20fps o/

i really enjoyed it on n3ds, it was like an n64 mgs lol. and the crouch walk really broke things in a fun way

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ventana posted:

You did play one of the best games on the system, so that's fair, but GC had a lot of good games

where's HD fzero gx

Yeah I’ve regretted it ever since. But in my defense I got it in the summer before my freshman year in college and by the time I beat WW, multiplayer Halo over the university’s intranet was about to take over my life. And to be honest, that’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had gaming so oh well.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some company I've never heard of is about to announce six new games for the Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx11pNXxHOA

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Ventana posted:

I'm still mad as hell that Silicon Knights shat the bed after Eternal Darkness. Even if they did put the gang back together, it's clear that game was more a happy accident than the product of actual talent. :sigh:

I really want another Eternal Darkness.

e: While I'm here, how far have people got in Dandara? I'm at the Dreamlands now and it is getting unfun hard. Incredibly difficult to navigate, more enemies in any given screen than any other region combined and severe punishments for dying, ugh.

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 10, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Autonomous Monster posted:

I'm still mad as hell that Silicon Knights shat the bed after Eternal Darkness. Even if they did put the gang back together, it's clear that game was more a happy accident than the product of actual talent. :sigh:

I really want another Eternal Darkness.

I think I remember reading an article that implied the success and general goodness of Eternal Darkness was due to Nintendo being up their buttholes at every opportunity. This helps explain why Twin Snakes was also good, while Too Human was Too Human.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does Golf Story get bullshit-hard? I don't have much golf game experience.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

SelenicMartian posted:

Nah, it's fine. I have no golf game experience either, and I still beat every story challenge first time. Usually by a fair margin.

Some of the side content can be bonkers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

There's maybe a couple optional side quests that are hard but the majority of the game is pretty easy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Some company I've never heard of is about to announce six new games for the Switch

Tiny Build are a pretty big indie publisher, their strike rate is pretty low though. A Switch port of Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor would be cool though, and a port of Punch Club is almost certain since I heard it did pretty well on 3DS.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo doesn't own the rights to the original Donkey Kong arcade rom believe it or not. The version in DK64 is an new port coded from scratch by Rare.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Guy Goodbody posted:

This company made No Time to Explain which I enjoyed even if you can beat it in a couple sittings. It's pretty funny at least.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It just occurred to me that I must have the Spectre Knight game chillin on my WiiU so I checked and I do and I'm playing it and it's real good

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Steam shovelware publisher so dont expect too much.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Ventana posted:

where's HD fzero gx

They’re not going to release something that would cut into their Rammers sales. :rolleyes:

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
So, is there a thread recommended HDMI switch? With the arrival of my SNES NT, i am now at 8 HDMI devices and relegated to having something plugged into the front panel HDMI on my receiver.

Probably doesn't need anything super fancy (like 4K) because I'll probably just use it to switch the NES NT, the SNES NT, and my Wii U. 4 ports would be nice in case I ever HDMI mod the N64.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reality Loser posted:

Steam shovelware publisher so dont expect too much.

I at least expected sounds

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They started the stream with a 20 minute countdown, ran a few trailers for PC stuff, accidentally restarted the timer so are just starting early.

E: And now the audio on this pre-recorded video is massively hosed. Also they started again.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

njsykora posted:

They started the stream with a 20 minute countdown, ran a few trailers for PC stuff, accidentally restarted the timer so are just starting early.

they just restarted again because the audio was all hosed up

edit and the audio is again hosed up

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

they just restarted again because the audio was all hosed up

edit and the audio is again hosed up

Well it's a pre-recorded video, so if the audio was hosed the first time it's not going to be fixed the second time unless they somehow reencoded the whole thing in under a minute.

E: And now there's no audio at all.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 10, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This truck jumping game actually looks really cool

I'm not sure how I feel about a game with no music or sound effects of any kind tho.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh I’ll totally buy Cluster Truck for Switch.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Man I could not get into punch club at all.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Modus Pwnens posted:

Man I could not get into punch club at all.

Me neither, apparently once you get past the first circuit it picks up but man that first set of fights is such a god drat slog.

And they've started again.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Hey at least I didn't have to hear PewDiePie

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game looks fun but this advertisement is making me hate it

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Let's try this for a 3rd time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

This game looks fun but this advertisement is making me hate it

Hello Neighbour really isn't great, its whole gimmick of having a learning enemy who counters what you did last time starts to fall apart pretty quickly.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Hello Neighbor is kinda neat but it's like 40$ on steam and that's just not worth it. (There is a demo if you're curious.) It also has a big youtuber clickbait jumpscare following.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

njsykora posted:

Hello Neighbour really isn't great, its whole gimmick of having a learning enemy who counters what you did last time starts to fall apart pretty quickly.

And it’s not really learning so much as a simple if/then kind of setup. The player has very limited routes set to actually get into the Neighbor’s house. So if the Neighbor sees the player do something or go through a certain scripted door the next day a preplanned response is put into place. It seems neat until you realize it’s smoke and mirrors with the level design more then any kind of learning action

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Keeping my kids away from Hello Neighbor is, so far, my greatest accomplishment as a father.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Enter the Gungeon is still buggy as gently caress even after the update. I got to the 5th floor with an awesome set of guns, awesome passive items and a whole bunch of health and armor. The game crashed, I reloaded, and now I'm back at the start of the 5th floor but with 0 weapons and 0 items. I don't even have my starting gun. Thanks game. Suck a dick.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3IgrSYQ8eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ykIxeI-ZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jE4nzMvTU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Uz5qPmB-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBSFQcMJuY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQroid_TALw

Streets of Rogue is also coming to Xbox One and Hello Neighbor just got leaked to have a PS4 release as well (both it and the Switch version are getting retail releases). I could give Punch Club another try but if I wanted to play Hello Neighbor I'd probably get it on Steam or PS4. Streets of Rogue looks pretty rad though and great for a portable.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
That's super weird -- I've cleared the game a few times since the patch and haven't had any crashes on floor 5 since it happened, and they were pretty regular before.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Punch club isn't a game nor very interesting as a screensaver

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah Punch Club isn't even a good phone game . Avoooiiiiid

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

There are phone games that would be okay without the f2p bullshit, but they are few and far between. Anyone who wants them can almost certainly already play them.

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 10, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Punch Club isn't f2p it's just really boring with minimal interaction required

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah I was hype for Punch Club but man there isn’t much game there it’s a really flat, boring button pressing simulator. It is not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The biggest problem with Punch Club is its really aggressive stat degradation that requires you to spend a huge portion of each in-game day training just to break even, leaving very little time to accomplish anything else. It’s a real slog.

• Locked thread