Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

cheap beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if the water is fizzy

i drink more of it

no alcohol
no calories

and yet stymie is like "just drink water"

if i did that you mother fucker id drink less water

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
things are heating up in the water fandom

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

jokes on you, living in the cape town area where there is no longer any water (well, shortly literally so), but the beer still flows!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

echinopsis posted:

if the water is fizzy

i drink more of it

no alcohol
no calories

and yet stymie is like "just drink water"

if i did that you mother fucker id drink less water

don't engage/reference/quote a stymie

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m partial to gerolsteiner

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
tried a new brew pub today for our monthly drinking team meet up, and I gotta some fine brews to be had. endorsement for mascot Brewery if you're in Toronto

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Chris Knight posted:

tried a new brew pub today for our monthly drinking team meet up, and I gotta some fine brews to be had. endorsement for mascot Brewery if you're in Toronto

what level league is your team in? AA?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
had some yamasaki 18 year black label tonight. it was exceptional.

welp that's my whiskey story hope u liked it

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i enjoy a good fizzy water

with gin in it

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

i enjoy a good fizzy water

with gin in it

:same:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

liquor

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

but i barely even know her!!@!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

much like an oilfield worker I've been doing a 1 liter on 750ml off schedule three days a week

but with the rising sun its all back to beers and then a sober solstice-marked three quarters year again

till then we gotta :justpost:

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

how do you drink beer without getting fat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

roboshit posted:

be me

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

app idea: beer calorie counting app so you know how much less food to eat during the day to maintain your current weight while not compromising alcohol intake

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

going to a port and stout tasting today hell yeah :jackbud:

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

roboshit posted:

go on beer tasting cycling tours

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

SO DEMANDING posted:

going to a port and stout tasting today hell yeah :jackbud:

those are two great things that don't sound like they would go well together

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

roboshit posted:

drink liquor

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

roboshit posted:

app idea: beer calorie counting app so you know how much less food to eat during the day to maintain your current weight while not compromising alcohol intake

gently caress, wheres the kickstarter? id buy this if it had accurate counts tbh

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

those are two great things that don't sound like they would go well together

maybe he meant stout and porter tasting event?

Agile Vector posted:

gently caress, wheres the kickstarter? id buy this if it had accurate counts tbh

most big breweries have their calorie data out there and a lot of the calorie counting apps include them. for micro poo poo I assume 150-200 for 4-6% easier beers (lagers, pilsners, pale ales, goses, some saisons, etc), 200-350 for stronger/heavier beers like IPAs/IIPAs, tripels, and bigger saisons, etc, and then 250-450 for monster beers and adjunct stouts/porters.

obviously there will be flaws in my generalizations, guinness is only about 100 calories and is a stout so you need to adjust based on the actual beer, it's style, it's abv, etc.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 10, 2018

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

roboshit posted:

also take speed

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i did know a gal that kept trim while enjoying beer but the secret was not eating much and then i realized it was part of a drinking problem so moral of the story dont develop a drinking problem to avoid getting fat i guess

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

echinopsis posted:

also take speed

I used to do this and never gained weight despite drinking tons of beer and eating Taco Bell

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Lyon posted:

most big breweries have their calorie data out there and a lot of the calorie counting apps include them. for micro poo poo I assume 150-200 for 4-6% easier beers (lagers, pilsners, pale ales, goses, some saisons, etc), 200-350 for stronger/heavier beers like IPAs/IIPAs, tripels, and bigger saisons, etc, and then 250-450 for monster beers and adjunct stouts/porters.

obviously there will be flaws in my generalizations, guinness is only about 100 calories and is a stout so you need to adjust based on the actual beer, it's style, it's abv, etc.

i was doing some research on alcohol calories and they aren’t equivalent to food calories because your body tries to burn it off asap since it’s poison of course. and a lot of the weight gain associated with drinking is more related to the food that is commonly eaten in conjunction

still if you’re drinking a lot of beer every day it’s not good whether you gain weight or not

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

🏉

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it's good

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Lyon posted:

nope. port wine (and similar fortified wines) and stout beer. sounds weird but was an amazing tasting

picked up this cherry wine from Denmark that's like nothing else I've had before http://www.frederiksdal.com/en/wines/

also got a pedro ximines sherry that's like pure raisin sex in your mouth

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Brewing purest, ingredient neutral

also i went to a sonoma wine tasting today and it was cool and good

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Kuvo posted:

i think most craft breweries are a mix of all of these, which is the ideal situation to me, and it's a matter of the ratios for each segment that determine how much i like them. i made a heat map in excel to illustrate my point but then realized the heat map was more worthless than my posting and deleted it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kuvo posted:

also i went to a sonoma wine tasting today and it was cool and good

i spent a week in napa and sonoma is 2015 and it was loving awesome

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I had a couple of Karben 4 Fantasy Factory IPAs yesterday while out to lunch with my dad. He started by taste-testing a Lakefront Brewery My Turn "Kristin" but he found the maple/bacon thing way too overpowering and ended up just drinking Riverwest Stein.

E: Philosophically I'm BRIR on that chart, but in terms of beers I actually drink I'm closer to BNIR?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 12, 2018

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

brin here

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
Happy hour!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

had a couple darks and stormy tonight