Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ConfusedUs posted:

Ezra + R3-A2 + Hera + Snap Shot?

That gives you 6 points which can be prudently reinvested in Advanced Sensors on both Ghosts to get that evade before a K Turn. or autoblaster turrets on both to make life dangerous for arc dodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

That gives you 6 points which can be prudently reinvested in Advanced Sensors on both Ghosts to get that evade before a K Turn. or autoblaster turrets on both to make life dangerous for arc dodgers.

Nah, gimme double Reinforced Deflectors to keep that HP count up.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Ezra + R3-A2 + Hera + Snap Shot?

Was sort of thinking this. Also laughs at stress and ion

Lothal Rebel (35)
Electronic Baffle (1)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

Lothal Rebel (35)
Electronic Baffle (1)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

Ezra Bridger (Sheathipede) (17)
Snap Shot (2)
Gunner (5)
R3-A2 (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

banned from Starbucks posted:

I wish every regional just said "bring in 2 copies of your list printed from a squad builder."

You think all the squad buildrs are reliable?

I keep seeing people load lists on Vassal direct from builders that are totally illegal, from minor things like Phantom title without Ghost (technically illegal but only relevant if they use Chopper astro), to pretty major things like Defective Plating on non-BSFs.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

You think all the squad buildrs are reliable?

I keep seeing people load lists on Vassal direct from builders that are totally illegal, from minor things like Phantom title without Ghost (technically illegal but only relevant if they use Chopper astro), to pretty major things like Defective Plating on non-BSFs.

That WOULD be a pretty severe issue...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
YASB is the only one I've yet seen that hasn't made a rules error I'm aware of.

All the others have had at least one major screwup in a public release.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

YASB is the only one I've yet seen that hasn't made a rules error I'm aware of.

All the others have had at least one major screwup in a public release.

There was definitely a time YASB let you equip Phantom titles.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
This is the dumbest poo poo homebrew

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man I was just looking at this a while ago and was disappointed you didn't point it out on here before I saw it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Man I was just looking at this a while ago and was disappointed you didn't point it out on here before I saw it.

TBF I've been at work all day, so I just saw it and went what the hell.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've decided to replace the Scavenger Crane on my Han Yolo list with Burnout SLAM.

I rarely have had the opportunity to use the crane, and every time I did, I was winning anyway.

Burnout SLAM, on the other hand, will let Han GTFO after getting that cruise missile off. Also I have a 1-point bid.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I like the idea of effects that apply only if you have shields or don't, but those particular implementations are pretty bad ;(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

I like the idea of effects that apply only if you have shields or don't, but those particular implementations are pretty bad ;(

Hillariously it has almost no real way to deal damage to ships without shields.

I mean theoretically with a hotshot blaster, or snapshot or taking cad bane crew to get bombs....

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I mean theoretically with a hotshot blaster, or snapshot or taking cad bane crew to get bombs....

Yeah it's like someone saw the HWK, thought it was overpowered, and decided to show us all just how a real ship should look

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bunnyofdoom posted:

None of them have EPTs

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

None of them have EPTs

Yeesh. It is even worse than I thought

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Something like "If this attack hits and the ship has at least one shield token, remove two shield tokens from the defender. If you do, cancel all dice results."

A cannon maybe.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

I've decided to replace the Scavenger Crane on my Han Yolo list with Burnout SLAM.

I rarely have had the opportunity to use the crane, and every time I did, I was winning anyway.

Burnout SLAM, on the other hand, will let Han GTFO after getting that cruise missile off. Also I have a 1-point bid.

Double post, don't care.

I did your change tonight but I can't give you any data; I played a kid that was worried about his ISTEP tests soon. Had a naked Fenn, Corran with AccCorr/VI, and Wulf with VI/Gunner/Tactician. Never really had a need for SLAM but also didn't have a need for Boost.

I can definitely see the use but I also made good use of Leebo in one game. I'm interested to see how it treats you.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Baaahh only 72 at the regional. Top 8 cut :(

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Baaahh only 72 at the regional. Top 8 cut :(

Good luck (only if you're running scum)

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Good luck (only if you're running scum)

Played scum and went 2-4. Stupid, stupid, stupid target selection was my downfall. Assaj/Bossk were 2 of my losses. Both times it was a 50/50 call if boss was going to turn in and if he did not I would have Assaj on my butt. Both time if I had pushed to go for Bossk I would have murdered him. Same for Dash/Poe. Worst part is I know better.

Last loss was a the god of random chance taking a giant poo poo on me. Torani had lost shields. And was only looking at taking a range 3 3 die shot. He rolled 3 crits and I blank out and I got 3x Double Damage. Nearly the same with Joestero. Still almost won, came down to Kylo taking a range 1 shot from Nym without a focus. Needed 1 hit. Rolled 3, he blanked blew his tile and rolled natties. I just had to laugh.

Ended up going out to dinner with the Foss's and a couple other players. They were great to talk to and gave out tons of good advice.

Top 2 on the day were palp aces list. Only undefeated player was Travis Foss with

Captain Yorr (24)
Collision Detector (0)
Emperor Palpatine (8)

"Quickdraw" (29)
Expertise (4)
Fire-Control System (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edit: Also forgot the most important part. The incredible Bulk went 3-3. All his losses went to time. The people that beat him said that inexperience and bad commits are what caused him to lose. Had some joking threats of violence from people for giving him the list.

Raged fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 10, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gonna test Han Yolo in about half an hour at the monthly tourney.

Wish me luck

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Wish me luck

Luck? But shouldn't we never tell you the odds?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Wish me luck

What's your plan for quad Wookiees?

.... Are quad Wookiees a thing still?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Luck? But shouldn't we never tell you the odds?

I’m wearing a shirt that says that lol

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

I’m wearing a shirt that says that lol

I think I have the same shirt.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is it the one with X-wing dice on it? It was linked in the thread long ago and I picked one up too. Official tournament shirt!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That’s the one I have!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

There's a guy here who has a great tournament shirt. It's Bob Ross, and it says "No mistakes, just happy accidents" which is a chill and good way to approach tournaments

Our frequent marshal/judge/TO wears one with Darth Vader that reads "Perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly?" which is a pretty great shirt for a judge. He also wears a blue judge vest with a big chrome plastic novelty sheriff star that reads MARSHAL

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Our frequent marshal/judge/TO wears one with Darth Vader that reads "Perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly?" which is a pretty great shirt for a judge.

Hahaha, this is amazing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://teespring.com/nevertellmetheodds#pid=2&cid=2397&sid=front

I actually can't remember if mine looks like this or not; I'd have to dig it out but I think mine only has 1-2 of each dice and a different typesetting.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sigh. Only seven players because of icy weather. Three of them had Lothal Rebel/Fenn Rau.

There's really no path to victory against that with Han Yolo, so I lost the first game 0-100, got the bye on the second game, decided to drop.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://m.twitch.tv/paradoxcnc

Fargo regional just had a fun game on stream. 4x contracted scouts with Trick Shot and Courier Droid vs Nym+Sol Sixxa :haw:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm heading to the Kansas City not-Regional (we didn't get one this year, what the gently caress) next week. It's going to be the first however many games I've played in almost a year and at least two full waves/releases.

I'm going to be running triple T-70s.

Expected trip report: :suicide:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

I'm heading to the Kansas City not-Regional (we didn't get one this year, what the gently caress) next week. It's going to be the first however many games I've played in almost a year and at least two full waves/releases.

You gonna run the intensity T70s?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

You gonna run the intensity T70s?

Yes.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Strobe posted:

I made this a few weeks ago thinking of you, Strobe from the SA forums.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

canyoneer posted:

I made this a few weeks ago thinking of you, Strobe from the SA forums.

:glomp:

At least I have my reputation. :v:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
If T70s had three AGL instead of two, I’m sure a triple T-70 list would be a terror like it should be. Although with FAA, hunting down Harpo Gunboats is extremely fun and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If T-70s had three greens instead of two they'd basically be better Defenders in every way so I'm down for that. :v:

• Locked thread