Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
It counts. I'm sorry for your loss :(

Shatter is constantly flying away from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I mean it was only a little, there's still this much left

at the very least it'll be a nice weekend

Tendai fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 9, 2018

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do option 1 but just be ready as it burns quick.

You'll get high a f tho

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yo u guys into vaporwave?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
how the gently caress arent u, imo

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i like that one vektroid album. not so into all the stuff thats just trying to sound like that one vektroid album

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs posted:

how the gently caress arent u, imo

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i don't know what that is :saddowns:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tendai posted:

theres more to it but its a lot of 80s songs played at half speed and its loving me up rn

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

theres more to it but its a lot of 80s songs played at half speed and its loving me up rn

yeah, there's also some reverb.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

this was my one and only attempt at a vaporwave tune

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umuhoy486yiffi0/BVRB.mp3?dl=0

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Earwicker posted:

drat, I REALLY like this around the :40 second mark as it builds up the sax(?) but by 1:25 it feels too layered and gets overwhelming to me. I don't know how to describe music properly.

but yeah, that first 1:15 just a real low key sorta droning electric jazz thing is awesome dude. It would be really easy to build an edit around that.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

i like vektroid's album and both of blank banshee's

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

drat, I REALLY like this around the :40 second mark as it builds up the sax(?) but by 1:25 it feels too layered and gets overwhelming to me. I don't know how to describe music properly.

but yeah, that first 1:15 just a real low key sorta droning electric jazz thing is awesome dude. It would be really easy to build an edit around that.

thanks dude. this was just an experiment i threw together in 5 minutes, i dont want to turn it into a real song because im trying to (mostly) stay away from uncleared samples these days and this uses some poo poo from ecco the dolphin and some random smooth jazz tune

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

I might be if OESB ever sends me the copy of Floral Shoppe I paid for months and months ago. Doesn't help that the legal team for Diana Ross finally found out about it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Bloodplay it again posted:

I might be if OESB ever sends me the copy of Floral Shoppe I paid for months and months ago. Doesn't help that the legal team for Diana Ross finally found out about it.

nah iirc there is some drama between vektroid and OESB that led to them stopping production of the records, nothing to do with diana ross

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Earwicker posted:

nah iirc there is some drama between vektroid and OESB that led to them stopping production of the records, nothing to do with diana ross

It got blocked on Discogs a few days ago.

Discogs Staff posted:

Hi everyone, we realize this is a frustrating situation; however, we need to comply with laws and regulations that require us to investigate and act when we receive notice of copyright infringement. We do have a counter claim process which is found here under "Notice and Procedure for Making Counter Claims": https://support.discogs.com/en/support/solutions/articles/13000014667-how-do-i-report-copyright-infringement- Please read this information carefully before submitting a counter claim, if you choose to go that route. Cheers -

I'm giving it another month or two because people have been slowly getting records over the past month, finally. Plus OESB keeps editing the stock levels on BC after people cancel their orders or file PayPal claims. Dunno why he'd keep adding more if he knows he's not gonna get any.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
is there a meme for when your halfway through the season5 Game of Thrones finale episode and you're out of blunts?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Tendai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUugfhRBiY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Iq6AE_Bko

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am too high to move off the deck atm but I'll listen to it eventually

Is there a warning rhyme about weed and whiskey? Or am I good to go.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Please note that it doesn't actually matter, because I'm already not sober enough care about the effects on tomorrow me

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tendai posted:

Is there a warning rhyme about weed and whiskey? Or am I good to go.

weed and whiskey go very well together in moderation, too much of both at the same time leads to the spins.

sorry it doesnt rhyme

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

it's cool to smoke a little weed and drink a little whiskey,
but overdoing both is too fuckin risky

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Earwicker posted:

I like all of this

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

“Always drink to your smoke. Never smoke to your drink.”

Always gets me through ok.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I usually smoke a bowl then have 2-3 shots before the next one and then stop smoking and keep drinking and then after a bit when I'm trying to sober up a bit again I'll smoke a couple more bowls

This is an advanced strategy though I would not recommend it if you do not have a v high weed tolerance

it helps if you mutter "gently caress shots I hope the weed will outweigh these drinks" a bunch

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
anyone here smoke weed in the 60's or weed from the 60's? what was that poo poo like? far shittier than our moon rocks, no?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fututor Magnus posted:

anyone here smoke weed in the 60's or weed from the 60's? what was that poo poo like? far shittier than our moon rocks, no?

most certainly

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Per my mom, the weed she smoked in the 70s was way like, significantly less potent than the poo poo now

the first modern edible she had hosed her up proper

it was kinda great

ps if your parents are chill get high with them it's pretty neat

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Late 70s - early 80s if that’s close enough.

There’s literally no comparison in my experience (which is very limited nowadays). Weed today is monstrous devil drug strength compared to what was smoked back then.

Also the idea of “I ate too much of this edible” was not a thing a person would ever think.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Girlfriend basically said at one point that modern legal weed is getting too strong and we should probably you know, stop making it better.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Fututor Magnus posted:

fuckin' moon rocks had me low-key high for like, 3 days after. now granted, i smoked like a bowl and then like, a quarter bowl of moon rocks, but still, loving hell.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I am terrified and in anticipation of Next Generation Ultraweed

Now start doing mad science and mod those fuckers to hybrid with psychedelic plants

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LethalGeek posted:

Girlfriend basically said at one point that modern legal weed is getting too strong and we should probably you know, stop making it better.

Isn't this the promise of legalization that we'll get a more diverse supply, so there's room for both the "Barleywine" strain and the "Miller High Life" strain?

I guess, unfortunately, they'll all probably come from the same conglomerate, but at least there'll be some market segmentation.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Think her point was after a certain % of thc dosing becomes harder than it need to be. Which I found out to be pretty accurate starting out when you have zippy tolerance.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LethalGeek posted:

Think her point was after a certain % of thc dosing becomes harder than it need to be. Which I found out to be pretty accurate starting out when you have zippy tolerance.

I understand. I just meant that THC hunters could chase the hi test stuff, while the market could allow for more mid to low THC, "session" products (whether flowers or lozenges or something in between).

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Modern Leper posted:

Isn't this the promise of legalization that we'll get a more diverse supply, so there's room for both the "Barleywine" strain and the "Miller High Life" strain?

I guess, unfortunately, they'll all probably come from the same conglomerate, but at least there'll be some market segmentation.

in 50 years the common man will be able to buy a pack of pre-rolled cannabis cigarettes processed the same way tobacco cigarettes are, filled with non-distinct weed from flowers that weren't good enough to sell whole, or just like some cigarettes it could be just weed extract sprayed on some paper and shredded up.

The Modern Leper posted:

I understand. I just meant that THC hunters could chase the hi test stuff, while the market could allow for more mid to low THC, "session" products (whether flowers or lozenges or something in between).

i think the future is not so much in raw THC content but also in terpenes, i bet when we have the cannabis genome of all strains and poo poo we could genetically engineer weed with CRISPR or whatnot to produce whatever terpenes you want.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

most of the low thc strains (lower 10 percentile) are the cheapest at michigan dispensaries. you just have to be willing to research before you buy. love leafly for this. forget about finding weed that has thc % close to how it was in the 70s. those just don't exist anymore

btw the lower thc ones i'm talking about aren't ones that have close to or greater amount of cbd in them as those are equally expensive. people are willing to pay the high price for high cbd strains

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah a little research does make a lot of difference. I was skeptical at first for some reason because it seemed so silly to research this. But it's actually led me to some good strains I might not have considered making a random decision in the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also if you're going somewhere good, you should be able to hit up the people who work there. I can tell the ones that the place I go to what I'm looking for in terms of effect, and they're like 80% right on with what they recommend