Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
2 followed by 1b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Hire more agents and heal up. Try not to engage too much until shields are done.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
2)Hire more cannon fodder agents, then 1b or 1c depending on which one seems less risky.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

VikingofRock posted:

Hire more agents and heal up. Try not to engage too much until shields are done.
Yep. Answer alerts if they pop up and investigate if any orgs approach 50% infiltration, but otherwise hunker down and pray for shields.

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.

VikingofRock posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Cobra Lionfist posted:

Hire some more agents and if nothing urgent lets wait till shields are deoloyed before anymore raids etc. Also put me on the agent list.

In. You're Ex-Diablo. Arrived from one of the most hosed up caved in buildings in the city.

Tried to avoid combat, but it's not possible. Gotta take this one, it's an alert -- someone noticed aliens and called the cops. Without these guys medkits are gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpAALWXypEs
Alien Alert -- Edifice Tower
Owner: Nanotech. Function: Corporate HQ.
S1: Fart Puzzle, xsuperkidx, poverty goat, William Henry Hairytaint
S2: Cobra Lionfist, Chillgamesh, mind the walrus, the littlest prince

Somehow I hosed up the screen cap and didn't show the ride over. Doesn't really matter, it's like one block down from the last mission. This zone is gonna be a hotbed. In between where the drops happened and the cult.

this map is loving huge, it's gonna be a long rear end mission.

or maybe not? Taint does the mind control thing.

kinda hard to show it, but there's one very close to us, and another one further down in that other building.
https://i.imgur.com/pmS2aGQ.gifv
fuckin weak rear end bitch can't throw for poo poo. I think I should have tried to mindwave the other one, because i'm not sure what it had it there might be brainsuckers itching to hatch.

Another interesting thing is they don't have shields for some reason. I have this guy drop his gun too.
https://i.imgur.com/Xjfe23W.gifv
holy mother gently caress
that's a lot of guys. That's a number of aliens. They must be loving.

Gonna leave it at this cliffhanger and come back later. drat.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

The higher ups decided to promote me to the rank of squaddie. God, what a shitshow. I can't help but feel responsible for their deaths. If only I were a better shot, maybe some of them would still be alive.

anyways, we really need to stock up on dudes, so lets go for option 2

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Ok, so lets kill some aleums

Fart puzzle carefully takes aim:
https://i.imgur.com/MUcuo73.gifv
Well. We'll take it.

Superkid, you're up:
https://i.imgur.com/wZokAiz.gifv
We have enough toxin so that most guys have a sidearm for situations like this, or circumventing shields. We don't have enough ammo to really main it though.

I have SK peer though the door, but his masterclass aim falters and Fart comes in as backup. So far so good. The snake version of moonwalking doesn't do poo poo.
https://i.imgur.com/wMqAOuG.gifv

Looking back @ S2, Prince spots that popper. I want to try and get a blue guy brainwaved tho.
https://i.imgur.com/S1wwvJa.gifv
Nice, but this was wasteful. We could have probably killed at least one more blue guy if I had just left it in his hand and had him shoot somebody first. Also Nanotech is gonna be pissed we blew a hole in one of their fancy pyramids. The only easy way in or out would to break through some window now.

I try to have walrus sneak up and do a repeat, but he's just too slow so I have him throw some smoke. Next part is mostly some shuffling guys around to hopefully get a good defensive posture.

The aliens apparently do the same on their turn. PG runs up and leers through a broken window:
https://i.imgur.com/x7qRuqy.gifv
If I knew it was a pro baseball pitch I would have aimed for the corner, it might have caught everything except the spitter and whatever's still unrevealed.

The gas didn't work. It's not strong enough to completely conk them out, but they do take some stun damage. S was able to kill one and stun the other. Fart & Taint clear out the dumb ones in that basement office. I think there's a single blue left.
https://i.imgur.com/k7yCj91.gifv

Time to breach the basement. End this thing.
https://i.imgur.com/Dm8xtWM.gifv
poo poo? We gotta find this guy before it runs.

Prince checks out the other basement. Nothing but books. One of the chrysalises dies from the old blast damage. It must've been leaking for some time.

I have the guys run around for like ten more turns. We cover the entire map and we can't find them. I have Chill slice open the last chrysalis for kicks.

I figure it has to be a blue guy who's panicked. Somehow, somewhere it's hiding where we can't see it. I was wrong.

All our guys are fanned out through the entire map.

If I leave Taint like this he'll probably get killed.
https://i.imgur.com/pGIeXQH.gifv
The civvies continue to freak out for no reason, and that's the end of it.

I figured he'd just pass out and they'd ignore him. I didn't think that he'd not only completely resist the stun, but knock out both of whatever those fuckers were. Two worms? Two somethins.

Great work, nobody got even injured. Perfect mission imo. It was because they had no shields though. That would have turned the whole thing around I think.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

If it hadn't taken so long I bet we would have gotten a better rating. But gently caress that, as long as everyone comes home safe it's good to me.

We got a ton of worthless aliens and some artifacts. Lets look at the stats:

Let's check out infiltration:

yep, makes sense. Just did nanotech, Evonet is the recycling plant where the 2nd drop was, Sensovision & government is near where that nanotech mission was.

Dunno what kind of effect the mission I hosed up at Nutrivend had.

What are we doing now?
  1. Investigate
    a) The Cult nope, not enough manpower
    b) Synthemesh
    c) Evonet
    d) Diablo
    e) Sensovision
    f) Government
  2. Hire lovely physicists
  3. Buy some cars or w/e
  4. just ⏭

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Let's stay the course, healing up until shields are done and not taking on any engagements that we don't have to.

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.
4. Ride the lightning!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

sign me up for any job coach, you need some new blood (because the old blood died (a lot)).

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

4 Sit back and feel our rear end grow.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

MilkmanLuke posted:

4. Ride the lightning!

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

MilkmanLuke posted:

4. Ride the lightning!

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

MilkmanLuke posted:

4. Ride the lightning!

Also lol at me missing the popper and darting that blue guy

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Engineering finishies another toxin run, and the medical bay finishes in our second base. Guys should get healed pretty quick now, so the downtime from botched missions won't be as bad.

This is good because we're going to have to hit the cult soon.

Diablo finally fell off the chart.

get bent, imo. We couldn't pay this if we wanted to.

We have some decent physicists available now. We could easily hire enough to staff the old lab full of non retards if we wanted. Well, it would be like 3/5 non-retarded.

Vote for Physics:
  1. Dimension Probe: we need to build an automated device that can be sent through a dimension gate. This will provide invaluable data which can prepare us for manned missions.
  2. Alien artifact: An alien beam weapon (pube gun)
  3. Alien artifact: An intelligent alien proximity mine
  4. UFO Type 3: Alien interdimensional craft (purp)
  5. UFO Type 4: Alien interdimensional craft (shwarma)
  6. UFO Type 6: Alien interdimensional craft (shitpile)
    Also vote:
    Hire more physicists? y/n

If we have more guys we could do more than one project at once, but the second topic one will go slower. Still faster (and more expensive) than not doing it.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Hire more physicists. Have our big lab work on the pube gun so we can quickly kill more things better. Have the smaller lab work on the interdimensional probe, so that we can bring the fight to the aliens long-term.

Also if possible I would like to work on the interdimensional probe because that sounds extremely cool there will be less people to have to split the Nobel with I think my technical expertise from my previous job makes me uniquely qualified for the endeavor.

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013
Having survived one mission I now swagger around.the base berating the scientists to make shields. Also I've stolen valoured a bunch of medals.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Oh yeah, we had recovered literally the exact required amount of shields for every living agent.

Here's our three highest decorated agents:

There's a bit of a purple heart factor I think. Some guys got a medal even though their claim to fame is taking 99 damage 3 missions in a row. It also seems to favor murder. Maybe long terms of service, but I dunno, if you're in long enough you'll get enough kills.

I still need to buy more gas grenades and some other stuff like plasma ammo.

Many of our guys are too bogged down with weight and I think i'll have to redo some loadouts before our next mission. If you want a specific loadout speak up, we only have one guy on radar and 2 with stun grapples. HBar is the only guy with the big launcher, and we only have one sniper as well.

We also have a bunch of different guns ready including the minilauncher that I put down when Senekr got killed.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

VikingofRock posted:

Hire more physicists. Have our big lab work on the pube gun so we can quickly kill more things better. Have the smaller lab work on the interdimensional probe, so that we can bring the fight to the aliens long-term.

Also if possible I would like to work on the interdimensional probe because that sounds extremely cool there will be less people to have to split the Nobel with I think my technical expertise from my previous job makes me uniquely qualified for the endeavor.

yeah this is no prob too.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Research dimension probe at the big lab, hire more physicists, and research the pube gun at the small lab.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Many of our guys are too bogged down with weight and I think i'll have to redo some loadouts before our next mission. If you want a specific loadout speak up, we only have one guy on radar and 2 with stun grapples. HBar is the only guy with the big launcher, and we only have one sniper as well.
Now that we have shields, I'm ready to ditch that heavy armor and run into battle in nothing but a form-fitting spandex bodysuit (the only exception is if another marsec body unit becomes available, because I also want to rain death from above). The rocket launcher is too iconic to give up, I'll keep it as long as I also have a psi-amp and a toxigun sidearm.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
For research, is the Alien beam weapon (pube gun) that long rifle-looking one? I like the Pube rifle since it appears to do a lot more damage than the smaller pube gun, perhaps even able to one-shot a few tougher enemies. If so I vote for the pube-rifle.

Have we researched alien grenades, yet? Those should also be good damage-dealers.

Our flying guys would basically turn into A-10 Warthogs with Pube rifles, alien grenades and personal shields.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah, it's a heavy, big weapon that belts out extremely powerful disruptor beams. Our guys have been killed by it glancing off their toes before (rip Sammus).
And nope on the alien grenade, Psyke cracked the code before we even started on it. Technically it counts as a proximity mine.

After research is settled, do we want to:
  1. Raid:
    a) The Cult
    b) Nutrivend
  2. Investigate:
    a) The Cult. Hostile. Insane alien worshippers.
    b) Evonet. Neutral. Recycling & water purification.
    c) Sensovision. Neutral. TV stations & apartments.
    d) Synthmesh. Neutral. Light manufacturing & city mainenence.
    e) Nanotech. Unfriendly. Only producer of medkits.
  3. Get more / better agents
  4. Get more / better ships
  5. Build some kinda thing in the bases

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

2b. We should also investigate the cult, but this time let's do the easier mission first in case the harder one is a disaster.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

HBar posted:

2b. We should also investigate the cult, but this time let's do the easier mission first in case the harder one is a disaster.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Dimensional Probe at the Large Lab
Pube Gun at the Small Lab
Hire a Few More Physicists
2B - Evonet

(HBar has the right idea.)

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Prince of Space posted:

2B - Evonet

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Prince of Space posted:

2B - Evonet

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cobra Lionfist posted:

Having survived one mission I now swagger around.the base berating the scientists to make shields. Also I've stolen valoured a bunch of medals.

Nice work, bro. *offers fist*

Anywho. Most of those physics projects sound boring and gay so I say we should work on the gun so our guys can kick some rear end out there, and then also the prob so we can go to their school and beat them up over there too.

I know we had a bad game recently, so we need to bring up team morale. And I say we do that by doing what we do best: blowing up cultist buildings.

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar

Prince of Space posted:

2B - Evonet

Good enough. Pass on the Physicists if they are still low ratings.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Alright, enough fuckin around. We got Eight-Six, used to work for Osiron as a physicist. Now head of pube analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0rgtxLF-B0
https://i.imgur.com/EuibupN.gifv
Investigation -- Recyclotorium One:
Owner: Evonet. Function: Recyclotorium
S1: Fart Puzzle, xsuperkidx, poverty goat, HBar, Markoff Chaney
S2: Cobra Lionfist, Molothecat, Powerful Two-Hander, SnotGrumble, the littlest prince

I don't think I've ever done a recycletorium before. Looks like it's gonna be a tight mission, close quarters.

Jesus are those bodies mixed in with the trash??

Superkid makes contact:
https://i.imgur.com/YyEJjTG.gifv
The fucker disappears though. We steadily move forward.
https://i.imgur.com/foceBTG.gifv
dunno if HBar or some noob from the other squad took it out. Either way it was pretty close.

I decided to have him float over the corner and uuuuh

Mind control fails, it's too close for missiles, and I don't have him carrying regular grenades for weight reasons. Time to bail
https://i.imgur.com/aiV4mNT.gifv
Cobra wastes half a clip but is able to take that guy out. Still a few more.

Prince is able to use some woo beams to take a loot at a remaining guy. Seems pretty well armed.

https://i.imgur.com/eayBHa3.gifv

I have superkid run up, there's an insane shitton of alien guns and grenades and poo poo, but no brainsuckers. He runs into the popper.
https://i.imgur.com/HoXAtch.gifv

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

So some little improvements, another good mission. As I was typing this we shot some missiles at a Nutrivend car, missed, and blew up much of our own base:

little bit too close for comfort. We got 4 shields, a couple disruptors and the rest are mystery artifacts. Now new biological samples.

Not enough time has really passed to change the infiltration graph. Engineering has finished a run. Lately we've been doing toxin ammo. Do we want to change up to anything else?

I think anything we sell could potentially be used by someone else but dunno how that really works. According to my calcs, toxiguns are the best use of time. Make almost 50¢ an hour on those bad boys.

Engineering should focus on:
  1. Biotransport Modules. -$25 profit/unit. 4,000 hours/unit
  2. Toxiguns. $1580 profit/unit. 3,000 hours/unit
  3. Toxin Type A. $300. 800
  4. Toxin Type B. $400. 900
  5. Distruptor Guns. $1711. 7,000
  6. Personal Shields. $3770. 14,000

What next?
  1. Raid:
    a) The Cult
    b) Nutrivend
  2. Investigate:
    a) The Cult
    b) Evonet just did this one
    c) Sensovision
    d) Synthmesh
    e) Nanotech also did this right before
  3. Get vehicles
  4. Get agents

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar
We need to hit the cult soon, but 2d might be a good choice for for another potentially easier run.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

2a, let's hit the cult.

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
Engineering: 4. Crank out that toxin B ammo. Get enough for 2 extra clips for everyone, and then keep cranking it out. The next time you do real time, it will burn tons of ammo, but aliens will drop like flies against the onslaught of our toxic hailstorm.
Next: 2c or 2d.

Also, I’m pretty sure you can double up shields in an agent’s backpack. When one gets drained, the other takes its place. It makes an agent nigh-invulnerable.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah, but doesn't it break if it drains to zero? Good for a fallback if we are able to recover like 30, but unless the first shield cracks then it's dead weight imo. Probably good if someone gets into a hosed up situation.

e: new loadout i'm switching everyone to is 2 shields in the backpack, 1 in the hand, and all grenades.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Physics update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxror-fnOL4
yeah I dunno how this is related to anything but don't stop pushing the frontiers of science I guess.

Dimension probe is @ 7%, Pube gun is 1%. We'll keep up with the toxin. In 1 day the second workshop will be online, so if we get some decent engineers we may end up a little more financially independent. IIRC the dimension probe will probably be very expensive. If we can safely raid the cult then that'd help a lot.

Let's double check diplomacy real quick:
Allied: Government, Cops, Diablo
Friendly: Osiron, SELF
Neutral: everyone else mostly, including Psyke.
Unfriendly: Transtellar, Nanotech
Hostile: The Cult, Nutrivend.

So Nanotech was not real pleased with how we blew up their fancy pyramid office. This sucks because these guys are the only way to get medkits, so if they go hostile we'd have to raid for medical supplies.

Osiron is kinda surprising. It must've been that long fight with Psyke, + maybe alien damage? I don't know what their other relationships are like, maybe we hosed over someone else they dislike, or maybe they just think we're badasses?

Transtellar also sucks, because if they go hostile it'll be annoying as gently caress to move stuff between the two bases. We'll see how that pans out.

For now we'll take a look at Synthmesh. Sensovison is worse off, but it's close enough to probably not make a difference. Either will be types of buildings we've done before so eh :shrug:

Investigation -- Construction One:
Owner: Synthmesh. Function: Construction Factory.
S1: Fart Puzzle, xsuperkidx, poverty goat, HBar, Markoff Chaney
S2: Cobra Lionfist, Molothecat, Powerful Two-Hander, SnotGrumble, the littlest prince

We load in, Molo & Prince instantly spot the fucks:

Prince goes for the mindwave, fucks it up, but is able to peer through and see the guy:

Don't like that grenade. Potentially could gently caress us all up.
I try to get Molo to gun him, but it's not possible, the angle is too weird. Snot will save the day instead:
https://i.imgur.com/aPS71Is.gifv
Yeah that's going on the greatest hits track. I hope this isn't gonna be one of those missions. Might as well get me a cig and get ready.

• Locked thread