Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

If you have to ask . . .

I mean, I could ask you the same. Its not like you would answer anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Mangoose posted:

Sooooo... anyone else upset over the fact that CIG decided that their lack of progress compared to SpaceX... loving SpaceX JESUS CHRIST... is due to them having to build an entire universe?

Yeah it's a real shitburger to do that. But I assume as one cult of personality to another, it appeals to their base pretty hardcore. I'm sure like 90% of Citizens know they could be Elon Musk if they could just own a $1000 jpeg in a space game.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
when is that good space cat game the goon was making coming out

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever had a birthday party like this. :aaaaa:

Your girl is very lucky it seems.
I really would do anything for her

but not this ever again

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
and the only reason I can throw a party like this is because I don't have kids

if we did she'd get a pile a dunken donuts and a 1.75 liter of yellow tail

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SoftNum posted:

Yeah it's a real shitburger to do that. But I assume as one cult of personality to another, it appeals to their base pretty hardcore. I'm sure like 90% of Citizens know they could be Elon Musk if they could just own a $1000 jpeg in a space game.

Chris Roberts was going to have the Frankfurt guys put a Tesla following the real-time trajectory in the game but by this point it’s already left the bounds of Micro-Stanton.

Oh well, Braben can do it.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 11, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TheAgent posted:

but not this ever again

Hope you enjoy it! The planning is always the worst part, at least for me.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

but not this ever again

Seems like you’re doing an amazing job. I hope you both have a fabulous time together. :)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TheAgent posted:

current dev costs

$450 cake
$200 desert tray
$750 catering
$450 chair/table rentals
$250 linen rentals
$750 alcohol
$250 snack trays
$800 for new landscaping/flowers (tbh we needed that done anyway)
$500 for staff

writing that all out is making me feel a little sick actually

jesus christ

Are you absolutely certain this a bday party and not a wedding?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Iymarra posted:

Any word on why Bootcha stopped uploading videos?

Might be waiting for the court crap to play out before the next episode.

E: Taxxe

Dogeh fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 11, 2018

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

G0RF posted:

Chambers has the rockstar flair working pretty well for him; the Majestic Brigand of Überchill vibe. He looks ready to oversee the digital remastering of some 90s rock masterpiece before the big reunion tour kicks off.

I just wanna get faded and jam solo while Chambers runs the progression to Shine On you Crazy Diamond.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Dogeh posted:

E: Taxxe

If a kind soul would buy this for my avatar. Tia.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Bofast posted:

Well, this is mildly disturbing

https://youtu.be/TCO5muBDyLY

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Golli posted:

Sounds like a hell of a quinceañera.

By "my gal" I assume you mean your daughter, of course.

Quinceañeras are way more expensive, even more so than weddings in some cases.

Goosfraba fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 11, 2018

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

G0RF posted:

Chris Roberts was going to have the Frankfurt guys put a Tesla following the real-time trajectory in the game but by this point it’s already left the bounds of Micro-Stanton.

Oh well, Braben can do it.

The Tesla will almost certainly end up orbiting Sol in Elite, I mean you can track down Voyager 1 and 2 on their real plotted trajectories ffs, and might even have to call the Fuel Rats to bail you out :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-D2Nz5Vx2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk2X0W1FrcQ

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

hakimashou posted:

when is that good space cat game the goon was making coming out

http://astrokat.tibbletop.com/

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Lol that shitizens think that a judge will side with cig because "daddy used to make rockets." As if that wouldn't be grounds for an appeal to get the case reinstated.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Colostomy Bag posted:

quote:

3.3.0 Progress Watch

The two ships in development for this patch are making some small progress this week, with the RSI Constellation Phoenix getting +3% to 11% and the Aegis Hammerhead getting +5% to 13%.
What a circus.

How do you quantify how much of a design work has been finished to this level of accuracy? What is the difference between 8% finished and 11% finished? What does 3% of the design of an RSI Constellation Phoenix look like? Does the completion progress factor in however many times the boss will order the work be scrapped?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

bandaid.friend posted:

quote:

What a circus.

How do you quantify how much of a design work has been finished to this level of accuracy? What is the difference between 8% finished and 11% finished? What does 3% of the design of an RSI Constellation Phoenix look like? Does the completion progress factor in however many times the boss will order the work be scrapped?

A ship refactoring dev put on their Exotic "+5 DEX" Hat, giving an immediate buff to development.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I can picture one of the workers in the jpeg factory getting up from their terminal and sighing heavily, marking a big red hash beside a running tally of the days activities

'Well Ben, I finally got the captains quarters water piping in place. See you Monday!'

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

bandaid.friend posted:

You take each deliverable, break it up into tasks and sub-tasks, assign them time-based values, do some simple arithmetic to express progress as percent complete against your estimates, and when progress stalls out, you marvel once again at just how bad humans are at estimating how long something takes.

As you fly past your deadlines like a train, send a disingenuous, impetuous, vaguely insulting message to stakeholders feigning ignorance and blaming “game development” and its innate “hardness”, re-estimate, tell the backers you got it this time, and oh by the way, pledge more.

Toops fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 11, 2018

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

kw0134 posted:

Even if she were, that'd be a ridiculous reason to affect someone's legal rights. The idea that a gamer should dismiss a claim based on a personal hobby is such a laughable misunderstanding of the legal system only someone as deluded as a vocal backer could express it.

And yet, white folks

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Star Citizen: Reverse the Verse LIVE - Ship Combat Experience
Feb 9th 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrAvItgBWmk

@42:51

John Crewe:
As with everything, like... people tend to go, 'ah, I like THIS, I like THAT', you can never get the two camps agreeing on what they want from it... so... at the end of the day it's what feel right... for YOU... ahm...

Andy Nicholson:
I mean the... just the... to point out what the PROBLEM was... that was highlighted... with the QUESTION, I think, from the community was a... PITCH and YAW on TURRETS was feeling...

John Crewe:
Yeah...

Andy Nicholson:
Very DIFFERENT...

John Crewe:
Yeah I mean you PITCHED it was more INSTANT than... YAWING, um... and... yeah it, it's come down to the VALUES that are in there and we're gonna be LOOKING at... that... and...

...always... CHANGING and IMPROVING stuff, but...

Andy Nicholson:
One of those things I think where, ah... we weren't aware there WAS a problem

John Crewe:
No

Andy Nicholson:
But we... we... took a little LOOK and we... um... we SEEMED to have a way to fix that?

John Crewe:
Yeah, I... had a quick LOOK at it and there's ah... changes can be DONE... that... make it... closer to ZERO ORDER, that ay ah say it is FIRST ORDER... but the... the sort of... the... the... the DEADZONE is very small on one AXIS compared to the other, ah... ahm... and... the other... FACTOR...

If you think about our turrets they're not GIMBALLED weapons so PITCH the guns just have to go UP AND DOWN, whereas YAW the turret has to... ROTATE, uhm... to MATCH it, whereas perhaps if the turrets were a bit more... had GIMBALLED weapons on them, they could... they could YAW to... to hit your point of aim QUICKER but...

There's lots of things to think about and um... improve on

Andy Nicholson:
Yeah. We're NOT the turret designers.

John Crewe:
No they come... everyone's... we... we know they're NOT... ah... as HAPPY as... as they SHOULD be and... and there HAS been work and there IS work going on to make them better. Everyone... everyone always comes to us going, 'how are you going to make multicrew ships with turrets COMPETITIVE against single seaters, why, WHY would I ever bring a multicrew ship instead of three single seaters'

We're aware of that and working on it

Disco Lando:
It's something that everyone in every studio is well aware of and working on, it's... it's just like everything else, there's only so much resources to tackle so many features at any given time, ahm... dah woo wah dah DEVELOPMENT... CLOCK... cycles back around and it's time will come back UP

Ah and I don't know, people like JOHN and people like uuhm... um... uh... uhm.

MARK here... I've already talked, you know, they all got IDEAS and... and THOUGHTS about it so... it's on the list

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Star Citizen: Reverse the Verse LIVE - Ship Combat Experience
Feb 9th 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrAvItgBWmk

@09:40

John Crewe:
The sort of... you can get other areas that aren't the... the NATURAL STATISTICS that cause the... the FEELING of a... a weapon being OVERPOWERED, some like... things you don't tend to think of like... the VIDEO effects or the AUDIO, so... some VFX might not be playing as you INTENDED, ahm, like, they might be less... INTRUSIVE, which gives the feeling that it's more powerful than it is

Same for the audio, like, quite often people perceive weapons strength to the sound it's making, ah, it sounds SILLY but it is... something... if... if you have a big SNIPER RIFLE in the game that just goes *pew*, then people tend to think that's, well that's rubbish, and it could be doing ALL the damage in the world, um... but that AUDIO really SELLS it and if that's not on point as well... that can, sometimes... factor into it

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Apparently these guys are hopelessly out of their depth.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

SomethingJones posted:

Apparently these guys are hopelessly out of their depth.

Everyone in CIG is....

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SomethingJones posted:

In October 2017 they announced that a roadmap of SQ42 would be made public to backers in December 2017.
No roadmap was published.
In January 2018 Chris Roberts gives a reason for this - that they are restructuring their JIRA system and moving to AGILE development - but ONLY after the question was raised in a Q&A.

Just want to make sure everyone is following along.

SQ42 JIRA still not restructured, still no SQ42 roadmap.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SomethingJones posted:

Reverse The loving Hearse
Jan 28th 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6FpCpt5m4&t=2507s
@ 41:48

Chris Roberts:
There's THOUSANDS of tasks and the information is OVERWHELMING.

So we sort of show the very HIGH LEVEL, ah, you know, what we would call an EPIC, ah, or in some cases sort of a SAGA which is overwhelming... over... quite a few EPICS... I know they... always thought of it... EPICS, SAGAS, STORIES... TASKS!

Ah, but... um... ah, so... so... so... so... so... so we... we... we ex... we EXPOSE those and we mark which ones are public facing, ah we WANTED to get the ROADMAP in people's hands which is why we went LIVE with it here... but they still have, ah... ORGANISATION work to do because they gotta take the way JIRA was set up BEFORE, some of it's been done, not all of it's been done, so they have to change it around because the... they gotta organise under the right EPICS and everything

So in the case where they don't feel COMFORTABLE that they don't have it organised properly and it's DUPICATE TASKS cos you know sometimes there were tasks set up from BEFORE but now we're setting it up on this new one, so in those cases they just choose not to show that epic publically until they have it... ah... in SHAPE, ah, so you'll see that ROADMAP, ehm... we'll get more THINGS added to it... ah, of course things also will... MOVE AROUND a little bit as... maybe a bit more information comes to light or how it's going

But that's the BEAUTY of it, it's gonna be A HUNDRED PERCENT LIVE reflection of the tool that we use to manage all the teams and we're using exactly the same process on Squadron 42 which is gonna get me to the end... to... the ANSWER... the original question which is, 'are you gonna get there to a roadmap like that', and... YES... ha! And YES, we... we will... ah... eh... we will... ah, if you look on the side there's a Star Citizen logo, there will be a Squadron 42 logo... you'll get the ROADMAP

So once we have the Squadron 42... ah... TASKS and EPICS all cleaned up and ready to go... we uh... then we'll also TURN THAT ON and share it

It may not be done on a QUARTERLY it may be done on a MONTHLY I'm not quite SURE

We're still discussing, ah, um, kind of a COLUMN FORMAT for it, ah... but it will, again, SCRUB LIVE from all the... the TASKS that we have, ah, and EPICS and SAGAS that we have entered, ahm, for finishing out Squadron 42

ICYFMI

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

IrvingWashington posted:

And yet, white folks

Judge Gee isn't white, though.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Facebook Aunt posted:

Are you absolutely certain this a bday party and not a wedding?

Yeah, this. What the hell, four hundred and fifty dollars for a cake that isn't for a wedding? :eyepop:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I mean, I'm glad you're able to afford it and all, but gosh.

If it were a weed cake I'd understand.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"All I have to do is turn on this feature and it'll appear in the game!"

*pushes button*

*deep rumblings*

"Oh no! I pushed the button to turn on the fans!"

*looks outside to see the grey market banned, also refunds denied*

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

AlbieQuirky posted:

Judge Gee isn't white, though.

Weird that you know that, weirder that you think that's how there could be some kind of institutional bias in the justice system

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

IrvingWashington posted:

Weird that you know that, weirder that you think that's how there could be some kind of institutional bias in the justice system

Its currently the "in" thing for idiots to blame white people for everything because politics. Woke white men on particular.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Reverse The loving Hearse
Jan 28th 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6FpCpt5m4&t=2507s
@ 41:48

Chris Roberts:
There's THOUSANDS of tasks and the information is OVERWHELMING.

So we sort of show the very HIGH LEVEL, ah, you know, what we would call an EPIC, ah, or in some cases sort of a SAGA which is overwhelming... over... quite a few EPICS... I know they... always thought of it... EPICS, SAGAS, STORIES... TASKS!

Ah, but... um... ah, so... so... so... so... so... so we... we... we ex... we EXPOSE those and we mark which ones are public facing, ah we WANTED to get the ROADMAP in people's hands which is why we went LIVE with it here... but they still have, ah... ORGANISATION work to do because they gotta take the way JIRA was set up BEFORE, some of it's been done, not all of it's been done, so they have to change it around because the... they gotta organise under the right EPICS and everything

So in the case where they don't feel COMFORTABLE that they don't have it organised properly and it's DUPICATE TASKS cos you know sometimes there were tasks set up from BEFORE but now we're setting it up on this new one, so in those cases they just choose not to show that epic publically until they have it... ah... in SHAPE, ah, so you'll see that ROADMAP, ehm... we'll get more THINGS added to it... ah, of course things also will... MOVE AROUND a little bit as... maybe a bit more information comes to light or how it's going

But that's the BEAUTY of it, it's gonna be A HUNDRED PERCENT LIVE reflection of the tool that we use to manage all the teams and we're using exactly the same process on Squadron 42 which is gonna get me to the end... to... the ANSWER... the original question which is, 'are you gonna get there to a roadmap like that', and... YES... ha! And YES, we... we will... ah... eh... we will... ah, if you look on the side there's a Star Citizen logo, there will be a Squadron 42 logo... you'll get the ROADMAP

So once we have the Squadron 42... ah... TASKS and EPICS all cleaned up and ready to go... we uh... then we'll also TURN THAT ON and share it

It may not be done on a QUARTERLY it may be done on a MONTHLY I'm not quite SURE

We're still discussing, ah, um, kind of a COLUMN FORMAT for it, ah... but it will, again, SCRUB LIVE from all the... the TASKS that we have, ah, and EPICS and SAGAS that we have entered, ahm, for finishing out Squadron 42

Missed this before, that man need's some drugs

Or maybe less drugs

Not sure which

And Lando is basically paid to sit there and smile, nod, and agree with the sage wisdom spewing forth from Crobbert's flapping maw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

IrvingWashington posted:

??

I Googled her because I was trying to figure out how your comment could be related to the case.

I have no idea what the second half of your sentence means. I certainly don't think judges who are members of minority groups are prejudiced against white people, if that's what you're saying :confuoot: