Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh poo poo. I wonder who the ghost post is this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

esperterra posted:

Oh poo poo. I wonder who the ghost post is this time.

It’s you! (Gestures toward mirror)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ghost post?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Guys, I think I just kinda liked a mytharc episode, and one centred around William at that. WTF.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I didn't hate it but I also don't think there was too much there.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's pretty funny that there was all this buildup about William and what he'd be like, but he's actually kind of a misogynist dick who two-times girls and disguises himself as his favorite PUA author.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I just want one episode where all the botox in mulders face becomes sentient and tries to kill him

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The X-Files take on slenderman would have been awesome but after that awesome cold open it just turned out to be "oh I was punking the two girls I'm dating with mind powers", what the gently caress

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Octy posted:

I have no idea what was going on in that episode but it was neat to see Vagabond.
I'm a worse nerd than you.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I just want one episode where all the botox in mulders face becomes sentient and tries to kill him

He's pushing 60 I'd still do him in a heartbeat.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm a lesbian and I'd still let David Duchovny do whatever he wanted to my body tbqh

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i'm a straight man and he can ride me any day of the week

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

dat Denise

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Same but all those cigarettes Gillian smoked

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Forehead Sweat was so, so good. The revival has mostly been mediocre or outright bad so far but it's all worth it for the two Darin Morgan episodes.

Squatchin'

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Did the ghost post kill this thread?

Anyway, tonight's episode was solid, if a bit slow-moving, kind of like last week's. Always like to see exploration of Skinner's backstory especially his Vietnam experiences. Showing him killing the grenade kid was pretty heavy. That war hosed us as a country in a lot of ways.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I liked the William episode quite a bit. This season is overall QUITE GOOD tbh.

I'll probably get around to this week's episode tomorrow after Drag Race or something tho tbh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Maybe the ghost post was intentional

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe the ghost post was intentional

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh no Haley Joel Osment what happened to you?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Mental scarring from the Eric Andre interview must've been real bad.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
They retooled the hell out of the Slow Joey spinoff.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
"I Want To Believe," is less fun applied to chemtrails than to aliens

But I'm on board regardless.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully one day they figure out what they're doing to the frogs.

Laterite posted:

Did the ghost post kill this thread?

Anyway, tonight's episode was solid, if a bit slow-moving, kind of like last week's. Always like to see exploration of Skinner's backstory especially his Vietnam experiences. Showing him killing the grenade kid was pretty heavy. That war hosed us as a country in a lot of ways.
Yeah I liked this, and it's great to see some Skinner backstory. The first and to a lesser extend second episodes were such a mess, down to editing and cinematography, that I was seriously concerned. But everything since then has been really up to mid-grade early season episode level at least. I'd love a decent arc episode but if they can keep making decent MOTW like this one I'm all for it.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I'm a week behind but the William ep was actually decent. Unironically love the location scouts who don't give a poo poo and have them shoot a boat in Norfolk where you can see one of the many famous mountains of Norfolk, VA in the background. Not as funny as the older ep in "the Everglades" but still clearly not trying to hide it at all.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Antares posted:

I'm a week behind but the William ep was actually decent. Unironically love the location scouts who don't give a poo poo and have them shoot a boat in Norfolk where you can see one of the many famous mountains of Norfolk, VA in the background. Not as funny as the older ep in "the Everglades" but still clearly not trying to hide it at all.

Which episode was that? I remember one that was supposed to be in Apalachicola but it's been so long I don't recall if it looked the part or not assuming it wasn't for once filmed on location

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Which episode was that? I remember one that was supposed to be in Apalachicola but it's been so long I don't recall if it looked the part or not assuming it wasn't for once filmed on location

Last week's with "Ghouli". Norfolk is a harbor and there isn't a mountain for hundreds of miles.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

el oso posted:

Forehead Sweat was so, so good. The revival has mostly been mediocre or outright bad so far but it's all worth it for the two Darin Morgan episodes.

Squatchin'

I never watched Millennium or even the crossover episode in X-Files season 7, but after looking at Morgan's filmography now I know there's a Jose Chung sequel and I'm going to have to make the plunge. Pray for me

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Autism Sneaks posted:

I never watched Millennium or even the crossover episode in X-Files season 7, but after looking at Morgan's filmography now I know there's a Jose Chung sequel and I'm going to have to make the plunge. Pray for me

No need for prayers, Millennium fuckin owns.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Zartosht posted:

No need for prayers, Millennium fuckin owns.

Especially that season. Season 2 of Millennium is one of the all time great cult tv seasons.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I had a brief mandala effect thing for reggie (who I looked up afterwards) and stephen tobolowsky, who I'm legit surprised wasn't in earlier episodes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Millennium is very good, but if you find Christian eschatology in fiction tedious (as I do), be forewarned. :v:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Antares posted:

Last week's with "Ghouli". Norfolk is a harbor and there isn't a mountain for hundreds of miles.

No I meant the everglades one

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

No I meant the everglades one

They were hunting some sort of Predator monster, I don't remember the season though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Antares posted:

They were hunting some sort of Predator monster, I don't remember the season though.

Yeah that was supposed to be Apalachicola National Forest. It was Detour and I can't remember anymore what it looked like in comparison at this point but it definitely gets a comparable amount of rain to the temperate rainforests of the British Columbia/PNW.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hahaha yeah they definitely didn't film it on location after 6 seconds in. Too much moss/lichens, not enough pines

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
Skinner is such a badass he walks off a perforated bowel and ruptured spleen.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Accretionist posted:

"I Want To Believe," is less fun applied to chemtrails than to aliens

But I'm on board regardless.

Ehh, this show has always drawn from every government conspiracy and folklore they could find. Chemtrails are just another one. Almost surprised there hasn't been a flat earth episode yet.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

sticklefifer posted:

Ehh, this show has always drawn from every government conspiracy and folklore they could find. Chemtrails are just another one. Almost surprised there hasn't been a flat earth episode yet.

If they somehow bring this back for another season that absolutely needs to be the topic of the next Darin Morgan episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is that Marvin Candle from Lost in the William episode?

• Locked thread