Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mune is on Netflix. It's as gorgeous as I hoped :unsmith:.

The story is plain, but plain is fine. Also there's some lovely 2d in it also. Highly recommended for ~art snoots~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Were we expecting any news on what in God's name Disney is planning in the future from D23 Japan this weekend, or no? I mean, I know there's Kingdom Hearts 3 news incoming, which already has my attention, but I also wanna know what the heck they have planned for beyond Ralph Wrecks the Internet and Frozen 2, now that Gigantic isn't happening.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
WATCH MUNE ON NETFLIX

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pick posted:

WATCH MUNE ON NETFLIX

Not Netflix UK :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well it’s out so watch it, it’ll probably be the only good new animated film this year or last.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Well it’s out so watch it, it’ll probably be the only good new animated film this year or last.

Not true. I have very high hopes for Peter RabiHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I’m sorry I just can’t.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I have moderate hope for Ralph 2 :unsmith:

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

readingatwork posted:

Not true. I have very high hopes for Peter RabiHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I’m sorry I just can’t.

Beatrix Potter is rolling in her grave fast enough to provide power to all of England.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m excited, are you excited? That’s a good poster.

https://twitter.com/theanimationboy/status/961661888672272388

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 10, 2018

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I really enjoyed Mune

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I suddenly want to play some Sonic CD.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Peter Rabbit keeps looking more and more it's gonna be terrible, while Early Man's ads are improving - what's everyone's prediction for Early Man's quality?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Robindaybird posted:

Peter Rabbit keeps looking more and more it's gonna be terrible, while Early Man's ads are improving - what's everyone's prediction for Early Man's quality?

It'll probably be really good. Slightly less good than Shaun the Sheep. No one will see it and there will be three Peter Rabbit sequels.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Shadow Hog posted:

I know there's Kingdom Hearts 3 news incoming, which already has my attention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wxjRKqecNE

Square-Enix trying to synthesize their house style with Pixar designs for Sora and co is uncanny as gently caress.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’ve now watched Coco two nights in a row. It’s a weird movie; not even close to the brilliance of Inside Out, yet I cried during both viewings. Last time I cried to a movie was when dad dragged me and my sister to Jurassic Park: The Lost World back in the 90’s. I was like 7 and way too sensitive for that kind of dinosaur-eating-people stuff.

The ending of Coco made me cry hard, for very different reasons.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

I’ve now watched Coco two nights in a row. It’s a weird movie; not even close to the brilliance of Inside Out, yet I cried during both viewings. Last time I cried to a movie was when dad dragged me and my sister to Jurassic Park: The Lost World back in the 90’s. I was like 7 and way too sensitive for that kind of dinosaur-eating-people stuff.

The ending of Coco made me cry hard, for very different reasons.

I just saw it the other night, and it is weird but in a pretty good way. Some of the set-ups and themes are a bit cliche, but the execution of them and the plotting was pleasantly surprising.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Robindaybird posted:

Aardman's track record is nearly spotless, so pretty good I'd say.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

LeJackal posted:

I just saw it the other night, and it is weird but in a pretty good way. Some of the set-ups and themes are a bit cliche, but the execution of them and the plotting was pleasantly surprising.

I should probably add that I really liked the movie overall. It was pretty predictable and the bad-guy twist I wasn’t too fond of, but it just works. The movie is absolutely good, borderline great, and the ending is brilliantly bitter-sweet in the way that good Pixar excels at.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wxjRKqecNE

Square-Enix trying to synthesize their house style with Pixar designs for Sora and co is uncanny as gently caress.

On the other hand, cat Sora in Monsters Inc world is loving adorable

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The trouble I had with Coco is that I feel like Pixar telegraphs the twist far too in advance, so the audience has already worked out who Hector is, and is waiting too long for Miguel to catch up. Other than that, I loved it, and also cried heavily at the end.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

The trouble I had with Coco is that I feel like Pixar telegraphs the twist far too in advance, so the audience has already worked out who Hector is, and is waiting too long for Miguel to catch up. Other than that, I loved it, and also cried heavily at the end.

I fell that it wasn't the case at all, and thought it was going in a different direction.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

A friend of mine saw Peter Rabbit and said it's...not...too bad? Like, if you go in expecting ANYTHING based on the original source material, you will hate it with the passion of 1,000 suns but...if you don't, it's not bad.

It's also not GOOD, just...not bad. According to him, it's a rental at worst.

Also the dude who plays the villain is actually really good and Peter himself just comes off as a total rear end in a top hat instead of the "playboy-type" he's written to be. The side characters are better, he said. It's basically live action Bugs Bunny slapstick...which is what a review I saw said.

Both he and that review say that the CGI for Peter and his friends is actually really good and believable. So...that's good I suppose?

I haven't seen it yet because I'm still working on midterms, but will probably see it early next week before Black Panther.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Currently watching emoji movie. Its really not good at all

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Also the dude who plays the villain is actually really good and Peter himself just comes off as a total rear end in a top hat instead of the "playboy-type" he's written to be.

I had no doubts about that. The villain's played by Domhnall Gleeson, who absolutely killed it in everything he's been in the last couple of years.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Barudak posted:

Currently watching emoji movie. Its really not good at all

That's really no surprise at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

That's really no surprise at all.

Its bad in many unexpected ways, like poor voice direction is a given, but the basic concept is clumsy in a “we did the whole “what if x zany thing were boringly corporate” but didnt think at think through what that theme means for our movie”

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/runebennicke/status/962473075643002880

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Bennicke is a loving god. He’s one of the best straight-ahead animators ever.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'll always defend computer animation but... man. There's something magical about hand drawn animation that I miss sometimes :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What was the last hand drawn Disney? Princess & the Frog?

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Drawings are good. Drawing is as old as humanity. Moving drawings are magical in a categorically different way than a realistic visual fantasy sequence. :colbert:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The_Doctor posted:

What was the last hand drawn Disney? Princess & the Frog?

A Pooh Bear movie iirc

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVWnjqfP49Y

Teaser trailer for The Grinch presumably for the Winter Olympics.

I like the lighting on the Grinch's fur but the animation is extremely stiff

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Eh I thought the animation was fine. I think they probably rushed that commercial out a little bit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

LET US HEAR CUMBERBATCH

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Neon Noodle posted:

Drawings are good. Drawing is as old as humanity. Moving drawings are magical in a categorically different way than a realistic visual fantasy sequence. :colbert:

I can't believe we're getting a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph before we're getting a movie made using the Paperman tech.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Why does the Grinch live in a warmly decorated suburban home.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Das Boo posted:

Why does the Grinch live in a warmly decorated suburban home.

Because he's an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The "Home Stay Home" picture makes me wonder if this is going to be an introverts vs. extroverts thing.