Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Good. Bernie doing poo poo like deliberately scheduling the F1 so it clashed with Le Mans was well out of line, not just for the F1 drivers but those from the feeder series as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
guys

guys

holy poo poo

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11241477/f1-transfer-gossip-mclaren-would-welcome-back-lewis-hamilton posted:

Lewis Hamilton would be welcomed back to McLaren with open arms, team boss Zak Brown has admitted.

Hamilton, who debuted in F1 with the team a decade ago, left McLaren in 2012 for Mercedes, with whom he has won three world titles to add to the 2008 championship he claimed when driving for McLaren.

But the reigning world champion has yet to agree a new deal with the Silver Arrows and his present deal expires at the end of the year.

"Lewis has history here," Brown told reporters. "He is an unbelievable driver. There isn't a team in the pit lane that would not be interested in having Lewis drive for them, us included.

"If anyone got Lewis, it would be great for the team."

While Mercedes remain confident Hamilton will sign a new deal, the Daily Mail suggests 'the delay is being monitored' by McLaren.

Mercedes still expect new Hamilton deal

"Lewis has become such an important pillar within the team that it is a no-brainer that we continue with each other," Mercedes chief Toto Wolff said last month. "The discussions are ongoing and very positive. It is just a matter of time before we seal it and put a signature to the document."

Hamilton previously drove alongside Fernando Alonso at McLaren during a 2007 campaign which threatened to rip McLaren asunder. But Brown is adamant the pair's past history would not prevent Alonso and Hamilton becoming team-mates again.

"I think Fernando would race anybody,' said Brown. "I have never had a single conversation with him about anything other than himself."

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss the dream i have every night is really happening

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Lewis is going to destroy Alonso (again). I think Alonso knows it, that's probably why he's trying to get a backup career going with WEC and Indy

poty fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 10, 2018

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Hamilton is Dick Seaman, he knows the Germans are best, he'll never leave the Germans

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

poty posted:

Lewis is going to destroy Alonso (again). I think Alonso knows it, that's probably why he's trying to get a backup career going with WEC and Indy

he wants to win the Triple Crown -- Monaco, Le Mans, and the Indy 500. Since he's already done the Formula 1 part, and because there are plenty of examples of guys racing and succeeding at both of the others well into their 40s or even 50s, and because last year's McLaren was so poo poo and fun-hater Ron Dennis was out of the team, plus oh the new boss already has his own sportscar team and he no longer is under F1 contract with a Japanese manufacturer? He's having a crack at some other options.

and I love how a simple "Hamilton is a great driver, anybody would want him" gets spun into that story. Absolute nothing into something.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Hmmmm.....

https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status/962126280387837952

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

poty posted:

Lol shut the gently caress up

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What race was it last year where Alonso spent a couple laps battling wheel-to-wheel with Hamilton? Even with that dogshit Honda he held his own. Alonso 2018 WDC and MWDC for sure.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

wicka posted:

What race was it last year where Alonso spent a couple laps battling wheel-to-wheel with Hamilton? Even with that dogshit Honda he held his own. Alonso 2018 WDC and MWDC for sure.

Alonso will never win another Formula One championship.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

wicka posted:

Mexico

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Alonso will never win another Formula One championship.

Well yeah, he'll probably retire after he wins this one.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Well yeah, he'll probably retire after he wins this one.

:discourse:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

On one hand, these drivers would never get any loving exposure running back to back races without Alonso, instead they're getting an insane amount of publicity they otherwise wouldn't get.

On the other, Toyota signed a star driver that comes along once every twenty years in endurance racing and would very much like to run him at their home race on the circuit they own to get a return on their investment.

:thunk:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If this years Honda engine propels Toro Rosso to podiums then I'll have to :suicide:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lewis and Alonso...at Ferrari. Book It, Chase!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think Michael Douglas' throat cancer was related to have to talk about McLaren too much. Food for thought.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Them trying to fire up the engine for the first time after getting it installed and just hearing the click of the electrics really hit close to home.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That was loving hilarious. Like a $500 motor scooter with a dead battery.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Them trying to fire up the engine for the first time after getting it installed and just hearing the click of the electrics really hit close to home.

Because I'm a huge nerd it reminded me of building a computer and nothing happening when you hit the power button.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Good comedic documentary but I still don't give a single ounce of poo poo about Stoffel, maybe even less now than before I watched this.

I would love to watch a Shitrarri doco where they show a bunch of crying Italians for 2 hours as our lad Lewis stomps them for 8 straight months.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Waffles thousand yard stare after his first day of testing was pretty much identical to Alonso’s after he failed to win that WDC.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I cannot believe people are criticizing a documentary in which we get to see Alonso without pants on.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Glad you mentioned that because now I can bring up that Instagram video without seeming as weird.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BefpMHAlHT_/

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Fernando Alonso is a beautiful man

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

I think Michael Douglas' throat cancer was related to have to talk about McLaren too much. Food for thought.

Bold diagnosis but hell I think you're right.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

marsisol posted:

Good comedic documentary but I still don't give a single ounce of poo poo about Stoffel, maybe even less now than before I watched this.
Seriously, he's an incredibly uninteresting person, even for a professional race car driver. No opinions, no emotions, no facial expressions. Even watching him bicycle up to 196bpm heart rate didn't make me care about him. Fernando laughing at the PR guy in the dressing room was great, I love him even more now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Stoffel owns

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stoffel is white bread personified. Like not even butter on it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"Hey Stoffel, I know you're a young guy who literally just achieved his life's dream, but don't forget to put on a good show for this TV crew following you around."

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The most interesting Vandoorne in the documentary is his dad; the part where he talks about helping Stoffel with karting and how once he became professional they ceased having that common activity was a little sad.

Waffles is definitely "a McLaren Man" in that he's odorless and colourless and perfect for attending sponsor events and wearing expensive watches.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Thanks Ants posted:

If this years Honda engine propels Toro Rosso to podiums then I'll have to :suicide:

There's more chance of a honda engine propelling out of a toro rosso, and onto the stage... Or into the crowd.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm having a builder's tea

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm having a builder's tea

I don’t know what this is. Is this a drug thing?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Pirate Radar posted:

I don’t know what this is. Is this a drug thing?

It's the British equivalent of drugs

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

Alonso is taking part in the entire WEC season this year over two years, they moved the date of a race for him. just lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43009816

The boldest of predictions: Neither McLaren will finish any of the first 5 races, and he'll retire from F1.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tsaedje posted:

It's the British equivalent of drugs

I thought that was earn brew.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alonso shouldnt have quit scuderia ferrari, he would have won the title in 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

I thought that was earn brew.

Irn Bru and that's Scottish for "Coke but with 4 extra pounds of sugar per 10oz"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

Lewis and Alonso...at Ferrari. Book It, Chase!

This would be extremely embarrassing for Alonso, who still poops his diaper about 2007 on the reg. It would soon become clear that the only reason he could barely keep up in the WDC back then was Ron Dennis' very biased Anti-Lewis Management

poty fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Schlesische posted:

Irn Bru and that's Scottish for "Coke but with 4 extra pounds of sugar per 10oz"

Hey it's only 2 extra pounds of sugar with the new recipe

• Locked thread