Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

1redflag posted:

Does the HD version of MGS2 include the VR missions and snake tales (and skateboarding)? Those we're the best parts of substance IMO.

No skateboarding since that was based on the engine for Evolution Skateboarding and they didn't feel like porting that. Likewise for Snake's vampire dream in MGS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

the truth posted:

I love TLG, but I thought about this within 10 minutes of playing the SOTC remake.

I'd like this too, but if Sony starts remastering PS4 games for the PS4 I'm out of the remaster buying club.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samuringa posted:

Good News: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection might be coming for the Ps4

Bad News: It seems the studio responsible for it is Armature - Of ReCore fame.

They did MGS2/3 HD for Vita already and it was a really good port, so.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Well, yes, but the Ps4 has larger polygons so they need to work harder.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Midjack posted:

No skateboarding since that was based on the engine for Evolution Skateboarding and they didn't feel like porting that. Likewise for Snake's vampire dream in MGS3.

Does nothing happen if you save and reload at that point whatsoever then in MGS3?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Well, yes, but the Ps4 has larger polygons so they need to work harder.

recore was obviously unfinished so it's not necessarily that they're incompetent. for all you know, ms forced it out the door. they've been kinda bad about the third party exclusives they announced around that time (scalebound anyone?)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

recore was obviously unfinished so it's not necessarily that they're incompetent. for all you know, ms forced it out the door. they've been kinda bad about the third party exclusives they announced around that time (scalebound anyone?)

That wouldn't surprise me, considering their current third-party exclusives consists of... Rare Replay?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OxMan posted:

Does nothing happen if you save and reload at that point whatsoever then in MGS3?

Nothing. They cut all the dialogue that mentioned it too.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Midjack posted:

Nothing. They cut all the dialogue that mentioned it too.

wait does that include signit's poo poo tank

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wildlands worth 20 bones?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

veni veni veni posted:

Wildlands worth 20 bones?

Yeah, I paid about that for it in CAD last year with the PSN moneyback deal and it's pretty decent. There's actually one of those hour-long full game trial demo things you can download to give it a whirl yourself and if you still like it after that demo then go for it. If you have some friends you can play it with, it's even better.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That wouldn't surprise me, considering their current third-party exclusives consists of... Rare Replay?

The xbox one is the exclusive platform for rare replay, sunset overdrive, forza 5 and 6, the master chief collection, the non forge parts of halo 5 and many kinnect games.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

wait does that include signit's poo poo tank

Sadly yes, it's gone.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Midjack posted:

Sadly yes, it's gone.

game ruined, pre-order cancelled

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ok, two questions.

Earlier today the TV/Video section on my PS4 became empty and only got fixed until I manually started the Netflix app via the library. And even then, I still had connection issues with the Crunchyroll app. Any idea of what happened?

I got a second hand controller that while working well, does some weird stuff like turning off on its own if I use it to turn on my console, or becoming unrecognized by the system if I use it to turn off sleep mode while being connected to the USB port. Resetting it doesn't fix anything. Should I look into getting a brand new controller instead?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The grass loads in like 3 feet infront of you in sotc in performance mode i might use cinematic when traveling and performance when fighting cause its really distractng from the visuals

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The grass loads in like 3 feet infront of you in sotc in performance mode i might use cinematic when traveling and performance when fighting cause its really distractng from the visuals

On a Pro? Cinematic is incredibly beautiful and seems to run at a rock solid 30fps. I know 60fps is buttery smooth but I’ve been enjoying the ridiculous view distance.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oneiros posted:

On a Pro? Cinematic is incredibly beautiful and seems to run at a rock solid 30fps. I know 60fps is buttery smooth but I’ve been enjoying the ridiculous view distance.

yeah pro.

performance has fine draw distance for everything and poo poo for foliage

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Ive bought and replayed MGS2 and 3 so many times Id rather just play MGS4 instead on my PS3

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah pro.

performance has fine draw distance for everything and poo poo for foliage

I thought the only difference between cinematic and performance was 4K

Edit: sure enough the foliage does look way more dense on cinematic. It's really hard to just switch over to 30 after playing most of the game at 60 though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 11, 2018

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Rest is best.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Did anyone end up playing the MGSurvive Demo? Was it any good?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

1redflag posted:

Did anyone end up playing the MGSurvive Demo? Was it any good?

yea it was a pretty decent coop horde mode. I liked it well enough

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

SOTC is one of those games I've always been meaning to play, but never got around to, so I took a leap of faith and pre-ordered the remaster. I've beaten five Colossi so far and the game owns. The gameplay and aesthetics are as great as people say, but there's a lot of wonderful little things too. Like the animation when you're clinging to a Colossus and just flopping all over the place; it really sells the idea that you're holding on for dear life, and makes it a lot more exciting.

Between this game, Horizon Zero Dawn's wilderness, AC Origins' deserts, and Breath of the Wild, I think I also just have a thing for beautifully desolate environments. Every ruin feels like it has so much story behind it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Breath of the Wild owes a lot to SOTC imo. Very different games but the inspiration is everywhere.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

veni veni veni posted:

I'd like this too, but if Sony starts remastering PS4 games for the PS4 I'm out of the remaster buying club.

Better yet, bluepoint should work as team ico's development house. Full partnership. They could actually get some poo poo released in a timely fashion and it would be well developed.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

In the past few days it's come out that Bluepoint's working on remaking another "classic" game and people are suggesting that it's either the MediEvil remake that was announced late last year or Jak & Daxter for some reason. Either one of those games getting the full Ratchet & Clank remake treatment would be pretty good.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Policenaut posted:

In the past few days it's come out that Bluepoint's working on remaking another "classic" game and people are suggesting that it's either the MediEvil remake that was announced late last year or Jak & Daxter for some reason. Either one of those games getting the full Ratchet & Clank remake treatment would be pretty good.

It’s Skyrim.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Lol same

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

Better yet, bluepoint should work as team ico's development house. Full partnership. They could actually get some poo poo released in a timely fashion and it would be well developed.

Team ico dont exist any more tho right?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Real hurthling! posted:

Team ico dont exist any more tho right?

They're now genDESIGN.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Notch up another sotc remake fan. Never played it before and now see what people were saying about how influential it is. The replayability additions are interesting too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there some consistent way to jump from one hand to the other on be last colossus because what. The. gently caress

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TG-Chrono posted:

Notch up another sotc remake fan. Never played it before and now see what people were saying about how influential it is. The replayability additions are interesting too.

I wish SotC was more influential tbqh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey it inspired, uh, a couple of boss fights in Castlevania Lords of Shadow

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It inspired Miyazaki to make Dark Souls/video games in general so that's a pretty big one.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

exquisite tea posted:

Same.
http://www.zam.com/article/1677/for-all-its-influence-shadow-of-the-colossus-best-design-practices-have-gone-ignored

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

Pandora's Tower is pretty much an SotC knockoff with Zelda-style dungeons.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This article starts out okay and then just bloviates about BOTW in the second half so I don't think the writer understood what makes SotC great either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Is there some consistent way to jump from one hand to the other on be last colossus because what. The. gently caress

ahhhhh this made me so angry gently caress. going from the back to the hand was mostly luck. going from the arm to the other hand you can actually let go and rest on the armour for a split second before jumping which helps a lot