Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

I was going to say I'd eat that but then I noticed the fish sauce. I'd rather take a bite of the mold ham than try something with that in it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

:randacondaemote:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shrapnig posted:

:randacondaemote:

:negative:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I was going to say I'd eat that but then I noticed the fish sauce. I'd rather take a bite of the mold ham than try something with that in it again.

So no Thai or Vietnamese food? More for the rest of us I guess

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

EoinCannon posted:

So no Thai or Vietnamese food? More for the rest of us I guess

Have at it friend.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nice username/post combo

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Have at it friend.

Thank you :gbsmith:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

This falls under the food fads, not AFP.

http://getblk.com/
(warning, will auto-play a video)

You mean to say you've developed water with 0 calories, carbs, sugars, additives or dyes? That's kosher, gluten free, and contains no GMOs? Get the gently caress out! How much do I have to pay for this miracle beverage?! I mean, it's not like this stuff just, I dunno, falls from the sky.

$30+ per 12 pack

Also, :laffo: at these bits in their FAQ:

So, no additives or dyes, except for the loving dirt that we put in it that'll make you look like a meth head unless you brush right after drinking it.

There's just too much insanity about this product for one post; every new page I click on makes me weep for humanity a little more --- wait, maybe I should bottle those tears and sell it as free-range, single-source, fat-free "JacquelineDempsey's Lachrymose Liquid".
*not halal; may contain trace amounts of alcohol by-product

At least that's safe to drink. Let me introduce you to raw water: https://livespringwater.com/products/2-5-gallon-jug-of-fresh-raw-spring-water-delivered-to-your-door

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Haifisch posted:

smdh if you're not adding butter to your drink.

:randstare:

yes loving please

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

I've been meaning to ask Rand, how do you feel about having at least two official emotes based on you?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

You mean to say you've developed water with 0 calories, carbs, sugars, additives or dyes? That's kosher, gluten free, and contains no GMOs? Get the gently caress out! How much do I have to pay for this miracle beverage?! I mean, it's not like this stuff just, I dunno, falls from the sky.

$30+ per 12 pack

So, no additives or dyes, except for the loving dirt that we put in it that'll make you look like a meth head unless you brush right after drinking it.

There's just too much insanity about this product for one post; every new page I click on makes me weep for humanity a little more --- wait, maybe I should bottle those tears and sell it as free-range, single-source, fat-free "JacquelineDempsey's Lachrymose Liquid".

And the flavor "infused" varieties like Black Lemonade. Also saw a taste test on YT a bit back and it appears to have no discernable flavor, good or bad.

So, Jacqueline, you say your water is yellow because of it's unique, all natural additional ingredients? Organically and ethically sourced? More so, you say you can trace all the ingredients back to source?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Samizdata posted:

And the flavor "infused" varieties like Black Lemonade. Also saw a taste test on YT a bit back and it appears to have no discernable flavor, good or bad.
Yeah, when i was looking at their line and saw that it actually came in different flavors, I got all "the gently caress you talking about, no additives my rear end"

quote:

So, Jacqueline, you say your water is yellow because of it's unique, all natural additional ingredients? Organically and ethically sourced? More so, you say you can trace all the ingredients back to source?

I can't say it's gluten-free, as I work in a place that specializes in biscuits and literally get so covered in flour to any body part that has moisture --- including my tear ducts --- that it looks like I used white eyeliner/mascara by the end of shift, even if I'm working fry and not biscuits. I guess it's ethically sourced since they pay me okay, and my manager treats me like gold. I'll happily provide you or the FDA with the back source on ingredients. (jesus, y'all weren't kidding about Stockholm Syndrome)

edit: crap, thought I was in the industry thread for a hot minute there. Well, enjoy anyways, AFP!

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 03:39 on Feb 11, 2018

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Yeah, when i was looking at their line and saw that it actually came in different flavors, I got all "the gently caress you talking about, no additives my rear end"

I can't say it's gluten-free, as I work in a place that specializes in biscuits and literally get so covered in flour to any body part that has moisture --- including my tear ducts --- that it looks like I used white eyeliner/mascara by the end of shift, even if I'm working fry and not biscuits. I guess it's ethically sourced since they pay me okay, and my manager treats me like gold. I'll happily provide you or the FDA with the back source on ingredients. (jesus, y'all weren't kidding about Stockholm Syndrome)

edit: crap, thought I was in the industry thread for a hot minute there. Well, enjoy anyways, AFP!

[actually laughing out loud IRL]

Glad to hear the new gig is working so well for you, BTW, speaking of the industry thread!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samizdata posted:

[actually laughing out loud IRL]

Glad to hear the new gig is working so well for you, BTW, speaking of the industry thread!

Same.
And stupid fads count for AFP. If only because we didn't think of them to get rich off of stupid yuppies.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

That tuna mess reminded me that growing up my dad (who was a stay-at-home parent while mom worked) would cook us various dinners on the nights he didn't make mom do it or have her bring home fast food. Hamburgers cooked well done with a chunk of velveeta melted on top, BBQ pork chops also cooked to leather, etc.

One such "meal" was a "tuna casserole" that was basically egg noodles mixed with a can of drained tuna, cooked in butter, with a bit of salt and pepper. That's it, that's what we had for dinner what night. God, some of the things we ate growing up...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What's wrong with fish sauce? You wouldn't even be able to identify it as an ingredient in most things it's in.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nighthand posted:

That tuna mess reminded me that growing up my dad (who was a stay-at-home parent while mom worked) would cook us various dinners on the nights he didn't make mom do it or have her bring home fast food. Hamburgers cooked well done with a chunk of velveeta melted on top, BBQ pork chops also cooked to leather, etc.

One such "meal" was a "tuna casserole" that was basically egg noodles mixed with a can of drained tuna, cooked in butter, with a bit of salt and pepper. That's it, that's what we had for dinner what night. God, some of the things we ate growing up...

I basically just made that today. Egg noodles, frozen peas, drain, mix in two cans of mushroom soup, two cans of tuna, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Speaking of tasting, I have the worst AFP right now. I had a tonsillectomy a couple weeks ago, and one of the side effects was loving up my sense of taste. I can barely taste anything and just a little bit with the tip of my tongue. So after two weeks of not being able to eat solid food, I can see food, I can smell food, but it just tastes like nothing. And it’ll be a couple months possibly before I can taste flavors again. So enjoy your working tongues, whatever you’re eating y’all. :smith:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

this horse is real dead by now but let me tell you about selling a beverage called "black water" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_(waste)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

LordSaturn posted:

this horse is real dead by now but let me tell you about selling a beverage called "black water" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_(waste)

Shouldn't that be brownwater?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

$30+ per 12 pack

Wasn't this also developed by the son of a Real Housewife?

My students bought some off Taobao last year. It's cooler as a concept than in reality. In reality, it was a bit gross.

My friend went to another friend's house for dinner two nights ago. What was on the menu? Vegetarian curry! Thai green curry paste, shredded cabbage and carrots, and noodles culled from packages of instant ramen. That's it. She went home pretty hungry.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My students bought some off Taobao last year. It's cooler as a concept than in reality. In reality, it was a bit gross.

How is it cool as a concept? It's water with charcoal added for color.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

How do they get away with claiming it has no dyes when they dye it black?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ziv Zulander posted:

How is it cool as a concept? It's water with charcoal added for color.

It's cooler as a concept. I don't think it's that great an idea, but it's even less great in person.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

bike tory posted:

How do they get away with claiming it has no dyes when they dye it black?

Poor regulations. It's like how you see all sorts of "uncured" meat products these days, which say they have no added nitrates other than those found in celery salts.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Waters like that only remind me of Damien Slash's skits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAoK4Pk_Nec

Which I guess is appropriate since he did Blk on another episode.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drrockso20 posted:

I've been meaning to ask Rand, how do you feel about having at least two official emotes based on you?

It's up to three.

Kinda flattered? Of course, I can't use my old avatar anymore, because somebody keeps changing it. :randpop:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Forbidden-Valley-Ranch-Slut-T-Shirt-Asa-Akira-3d-Print-t-shirt-Unisex-Women-Men-Casual/32455802363.html

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I mean, to be fair, the bulk of the votes probably come from the kind of person who follows a salad dressing on Twitter.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I mean, to be fair, the bulk of the votes probably come from the kind of person who follows a salad dressing on Twitter.

So, Americans?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
:randno:

Not all Americans! Ranch dressing falls under the subheading of mayonnaise and is therefore completely gross. Putting it on pizza baffles and confuses me, a redneck Texan. Ranch on pizza is such an epidemic here our local pizza joint offers it as a base sauce for pizza. Hot ranch with pepperoni grease, yum.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Tashilicious posted:

So, Americans?

What a creative joke!

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

What a creative joke!

It wasn't one.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tashilicious posted:

So, Americans?

:goonsay:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

SOMEONE doesn't want all the latest Ranch updates

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

fizzymercy posted:

Not all Americans! Ranch dressing falls under the subheading of mayonnaise and is therefore completely gross. Putting it on pizza baffles and confuses me, a redneck Texan. Ranch on pizza is such an epidemic here our local pizza joint offers it as a base sauce for pizza. Hot ranch with pepperoni grease, yum.

as a non-redneck texan, it grosses me out but does not baffle me, it's about fat people needing MOAR FLAVOUR!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

LifeSunDeath posted:

as a non-redneck texan, it grosses me out but does not baffle me, it's about fat people needing MOAR FLAVOUR!

If there is some leftover ranch from wings, I'll sometimes dip the crust in it :shobon:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Pepto got sold in special little glasses at the kind of bars hipsters drink Fernet shots

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fizzymercy posted:

Mayo is eggs and oil. Ranch is dairy (and also oil for the commercial varieties, but.) You're way off. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mayo is eggs and oil. Ranch is dairy (and also oil for the commercial varieties, but.) You're way off. :stare:

No see, it's white and gloppy so it's in the same genus.

Phenotype is all that matters.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww