Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I’m taking the bar in three weeks. I’ve been doing pro bono work for indigent vets for more than a year now and will be transitioning to actual representation over paralegal work. This isn’t full time work, but it’s good work.

The taco truck was a personal investment originally made to be passive income. Unfortunately that didn’t work out and I had to take over full time operation. It takes a fuckton of work for not a whole lot of money. It’s been paying my bills, but after four years I’m just tired of it.

My groin pain is still there. So is a bum knee and back. I might have avascular necrosis in both of my femurs after all of the scar tissue in my groin has restricted blood flow. I’m getting my hip scoped in the next few weeks to confirm a partially torn labrum and the AVN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
https://twitter.com/alexhortontx/status/962423106668285954

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
David Letterman's show on Netflix is pretty good.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Lmbo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/photospice/status/962424042614554624

2018 in a nutshell

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
brb gonna go get my pitchfork and a gun.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

vains posted:

im still massively confused by the voc rehab chain of events
mr nice: i have temrinal ballpain. i want to run a taco truck and raw dog divorcees in florida but i need a law degree
voc rehab counselor: okay. here is $200k to get a law degree from fsu or uf or whereever. also, enjoy a vasectomy on the house.
mr nice: okay i have graduated and now im running a taco truck. i never took the bar exam.

why aren't you practicing law or working in compliance at a bank or something....

Why not live your life doing what you want to do instead of what everyone thinks you should do.

Live your life. More than 60% of Americans hate their job. Why not move on to something else? I am in vocational rehabilitation for communications and I am going to try to my damndest to be a freelance photographer. I’ll always have my degree to fall back on, but at least I could say I tried to live my dreams instead of bitching about them.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

My groin pain is still there.

I understand chronic groin pain. It sucks so goddamn bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
And I mean I am working towards practicing law, but I've never been targeting biglaw or anything. I don't have the gumption to work 100 hour weeks for anyone anymore.

My vasectomy was just va covered healthcare, though. Nothing special there anyone with VA coverage can go get it done just by asking.

Also I am an idiot and have made some bad decisions, but I'm making do with the circumstances I'm in. I own this food truck and if I'm not working it, it's not making any money so I work it. Worst case scenario if I don't get the adjunct job or like teaching I can get an actual legal job working for the state or something. Either way just living life and trying to enjoy what I can.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 11, 2018

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

And I mean I am working towards practicing law, but I've never been targeting biglaw or anything. I don't have the gumption to work 100 hour weeks for anyone anymore.

My vasectomy was just va covered healthcare, though. Nothing special there anyone with VA coverage can go get it done just by asking.

Yeah had that done after the third pregnancy. Had a varicocelectomy on my balls to help the pain but it didn’t really.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

this thread continues to deliver such beautiful inanity I can only each time I refresh the page.

Nobody googled what katzenklavier meant...it translates into cat piano, and the concept is so hosed up, it's perfect for this entire subforum.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I made chicken and potatoes. Potatoes have bacon, onions and carrots. Sauce is garlic.

That steak picture made me hungry, but I haven’t dropped money on a good steak in a while.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

I had rock solid ribs, mac and cheese that I'm pretty sure was noodles and nacho cheese, and something resembling beans. All by the Army's finest cooks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
loving taco truck had a flat tire when I went out to head to work tonight so :rip:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is still great

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Soulex posted:

Why not live your life doing what you want to do instead of what everyone thinks you should do.

Live your life. More than 60% of Americans hate their job. Why not move on to something else? I am in vocational rehabilitation for communications and I am going to try to my damndest to be a freelance photographer. I’ll always have my degree to fall back on, but at least I could say I tried to live my dreams instead of bitching about them.

Because unless you have a decent plan and a niche for your feel-good job, that's how people end up moving back in with mom & dad in their 30s.

I hated my job and the fact that it prevented me from seeing my kid for three loving years. So I got my 214 and spent the next year unemployed. I'm still paying that loving debt off. So yeah, while it's great that maybe 1 in 100 people can follow their dreams and not end up homeless, it's advice to be very, very wary of.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Soulex posted:

because if you make the govt pony up law school money under the premise that it is necessary for you to get a job, you should do something that is in some way, shape or form related to the practice of law. thats the whole point of the program: to get service connected disabled vets trained to a point where they are capable of being hired in a field of their interest through a rehabilitation program.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

vains posted:

because if you make the govt pony up law school money under the premise that it is necessary for you to get a job, you should do something that is in some way, shape or form related to the practice of law. thats the whole point of the program: to get service connected disabled vets trained to a point where they are capable of being hired in a field of their interest through a rehabilitation program.

And I am. You seemed to have missed the part where I've spent the last year helping at a veteran's pro bono legal clinic, am taking the bar exam in three weeks, and will continue doing the work that I'm doing now for indigent vets on a slightly larger scale. The taco truck was funded entirely out of my pocket and had nothing to do with VA stuff. It was supposed to be an investment that brought me passive income and just turned out to not work that way for me in the end. Likewise the teaching spot I put in for today is just a part time adjunct thing. I'm still going to be doing legal work occasionally for people as needed.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
“I’m just gonna give Daisy a little cat ni- :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaPuHLV1-8g

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Godholio posted:

Because unless you have a decent plan and a niche for your feel-good job, that's how people end up moving back in with mom & dad in their 30s.

I hated my job and the fact that it prevented me from seeing my kid for three loving years. So I got my 214 and spent the next year unemployed. I'm still paying that loving debt off. So yeah, while it's great that maybe 1 in 100 people can follow their dreams and not end up homeless, it's advice to be very, very wary of.

I’m in no way advocating being careless. I’m just saying follow your dreams. Be smart about it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Soulex posted:

I’m in no way advocating being careless. I’m just saying follow your dreams. Be smart about it.

Supporting my kids is a higher priority than my dreams, so compromise happens. That's what most adults do.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

vains posted:

Will somebody PLEASE think of the va’s money!!!!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zeris posted:

Careful, don’t make him passive-aggressively change his avatar :laugh:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I haven't really enjoyed the guests on Grand Tour as much as I did the Top Gear guests, but the Penn & Teller episode was pretty good.

vains
May 26, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

And I am. You seemed to have missed the part where I've spent the last year helping at a veteran's pro bono legal clinic, am taking the bar exam in three weeks, and will continue doing the work that I'm doing now for indigent vets on a slightly larger scale. The taco truck was funded entirely out of my pocket and had nothing to do with VA stuff. It was supposed to be an investment that brought me passive income and just turned out to not work that way for me in the end. Likewise the teaching spot I put in for today is just a part time adjunct thing. I'm still going to be doing legal work occasionally for people as needed.

i was just responding to soulex.

Zeris posted:

idk man. maybe people should think about how we use govt money and its other finite resources??

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

vains posted:

i was just responding to soulex.

idk man. maybe people should think about how we use govt money and its other finite resources??

the benefits are also finite and will probably get used regardless, so what's the difference if someone uses it for something appropriate or on under water basket weaving classes while pursuing a law degree? the money is going to be spent anyway.

if you want to bark up the right tree as far as wasting money goes, get the VA to stop paying for for-profit colleges.

vains
May 26, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

the benefits are also finite and will probably get used regardless, so what's the difference if someone uses it for something appropriate or on under water basket weaving classes while pursuing a law degree? the money is going to be spent anyway.

if you want to bark up the right tree as far as wasting money goes, get the VA to stop paying for for-profit colleges.

idk where youre going with this. i was just busting mr nice balls for running a taco truck and not having taken the bar despite having a law degree. you're off on some tangent about what classes he did or did not take.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

vains posted:

idk where youre going with this. i was just busting mr nice balls for running a taco truck and not having taken the bar despite having a law degree. you're off on some tangent about what classes he did or did not take.

yeah you're right, i can't at all see how my 'tangent' was related to you complaining about people wasting the government's finite education money.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

boop the snoot posted:

Are you implying that Trump U. was nothing less than the future of the education system?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
did my taxes

getting like a grand back somehow

tempted to spend it on a 1080ti but meh

vains
May 26, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

yeah you're right, i can't at all see how my 'tangent' was related to you complaining about people wasting the government's finite education money.

i dont really understand the relationship between taking an underwater basket weaving class and pursuing employment in your stated field of interest.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

vains posted:

i dont really understand

That much is obvious.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Here let me be more obtuse about the point people are making

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gonna throw down some real Dad advice here.

Last night I took a shower after a grueling group PT. I’m kinda tubby, yeah and an hour of cross-fit cardio hurt. My butthole was unhappy so I put some prep-h on after showering and fell asleep.
This morning I was getting ready to take a poo poo and I groaned because I just remembered I had eaten nearly a pound of spicy pork yesterday. It was gonna be a mess but Prep-H saved the day by greasing the poo poo-shute and making cleanup a breeze.

Carry on.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

Gonna throw down some real Dad advice here.

Last night I took a shower after a grueling group PT. I’m kinda tubby, yeah and an hour of cross-fit cardio hurt. My butthole was unhappy so I put some prep-h on after showering and fell asleep.
This morning I was getting ready to take a poo poo and I groaned because I just remembered I had eaten nearly a pound of spicy pork yesterday. It was gonna be a mess but Prep-H saved the day by greasing the poo poo-shute and making cleanup a breeze.

Carry on.

Truly, the post we deserve

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
and crab dad saves the day with pooping advice.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8juNMEND9YY
EDit: Its an actual real thing a friend of mine is working on and would be the first crypto currency imma get for shits and grins.

vains
May 26, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

That much is obvious.

not sure where you got around to making a point cole but i guess you won bro. congrats!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

When I think of a vasectomy, I just picture a kinked hose filling up wanting to burst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Supporting my kids is a higher priority than my dreams, so compromise happens. That's what most adults do.

Again, there isn’t a reason you can’t do both.

Life isn’t a loving dichotomy where you get two choices. Do this or don’t.