Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rascyc posted:

I just roll and use what I get. Aiming for something is insane in gacha unless you are ready to dollah.

yea but I kinda wanna build up a reserve for a godfest and go all in on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh hey I got a troll rainbow. It's my first BlOdin, but drat, this guy is worthless.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Got three of those clever egg monsters that I have no intention of ever evolving. After getting three Avalon drakes in the last godfest I’m starting to think I should just save the stones. Oh well, I’m playing MHW religiously right now so it’s hard to give a gently caress.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

gninjagnome posted:

So, since I no longer have any idea what's going on with this game - Yang Guifei, Gremory, or Saria any good?

Saria is a good all rounder sub that can obsolete resolve, Grem can be an all right leader for 90% of the game's content, Yang Gufei is an all right sub with a somewhat unique active.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

gninjagnome posted:

So, since I no longer have any idea what's going on with this game - Yang Guifei, Gremory, or Saria any good?

Saria is pretty decent! She's an ok lead and a great sub for light teams. Her evo with follow up attack is fantastic for a lot of bullshit ( looking at you, Chinese crocodile rear end in a top hat) Yang is decent too. Gremory is alright, but I think her skill is mediocre.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Cool, thanks.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

What's the trick to clearing level 10 of the February quest dungeons?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

What's the trick to clearing level 10 of the February quest dungeons?

I used Kiri grav cheese, 3 SDR on one Kiri lets you charge her up during Volsung's high HP delay zone and then you can just slow chip him below resolve (if you forget and trigger it you die). Rest of the dungeon is standard cheese, Ares is a dick who randomly throws 5 turn bind on blue so use the leader bind immune badge and don't leave jammers on the board by accident (ideally you have a poison to kill EKMD and grav Ares immediately, I was too lazy to switch my inherits around though). Whaledor is 5 turn delay preempt so use an assist to soak it on a Kiri, you can kill both Whaledor and Linthia without using gravs. Orochi needs a grav to not die turn 1, he also murders your rear end at 8 turns so I just killed with gravs turn 1. Stalled on MGoe, used gravs, done.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Did a YOLO roll yesterday, landed a Morrigu. Nice active I guess. Is there a build where I should be using her in a BH team, or just make her the leader in a hella-dark team?

The meta feels like it shifted massively somewhere in November/December and I haven’t caught up as yet.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

What the hell team are people using for challenge 9?
Blue is obviously out, dark and light (my strongest teams) both kinda fall into a death spiral on floor 2, and I’m not sure Bastet or ShivaDra could really hack it

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Sockser posted:

What the hell team are people using for challenge 9?
Blue is obviously out, dark and light (my strongest teams) both kinda fall into a death spiral on floor 2, and I’m not sure Bastet or ShivaDra could really hack it

BH, sub No6 to shred Noah (you can put physical latents on him for more insurance), Enra to shred the puppeteer (because I had machine latents on her), fill in the rest with move time or whatever. I guess if you're solo things are trickier but the gist of it is stack killers.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

isndl posted:

BH, sub No6 to shred Noah (you can put physical latents on him for more insurance), Enra to shred the puppeteer (because I had machine latents on her), fill in the rest with move time or whatever. I guess if you're solo things are trickier but the gist of it is stack killers.

I took this advice and it worked like a charm. Bhunter/No6/Enra/Glavenus/Yuna and Bhunter/No6/No6/Urd/Yuna to crush it. It's basically a cakewalk until Noah and then you pop Glavenus and Urd and oneshot her.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

double silver rank rolls. there's the collabs I remember

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I pulled a rainbow, and it's Ame no Uzume. Seems maybe baller if I did multiplayer ... but I really don't.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Did a YOLO roll yesterday, landed a Morrigu. Nice active I guess. Is there a build where I should be using her in a BH team, or just make her the leader in a hella-dark team?

The meta feels like it shifted massively somewhere in November/December and I haven’t caught up as yet.

Most Morrigan teams are mono-dark, but she can fit on almost any combo team.

The meta hasn't really shifted since Diablos was introduced. The biggest change since then was Edward getting added in JP, and he's considered to be on par with Diablos as a leader.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
So GungHo and YamaP are throwing their hat into the mobile card game ring:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/13/gungho-announces-smartphone-card-game-chronomagia-plans-launch-overseas/

quote:

Chrono Magia is a competitive card game with highly strategic elements that will have you use all kinds of cards. The magazine says not only will you get to play against other players from Japan, but also players from overseas, so it sounds like there are already plans to bring the game outside of Japan.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the jp update that gives everything 6 latent slots also buffs the base orb move time from 4 seconds to 5

wonder if that'll affect the move time restricted dungeons/leader skills

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Does Android 8.1 break PAD?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Does Android 8.1 break PAD?

It's fixed now, at least in NA.

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

Anyone else pull a NY Kanna and want a friend?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Holy poo poo Formula just popped out of the Pal machine. No more Hera-Ur ever. Been after that jerkbag dragon forever.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

the jp update that gives everything 6 latent slots also buffs the base orb move time from 4 seconds to 5

Ah , so that's why I'm so good today

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kinda tempted to roll for lugh when the celtic pantheon gets added on friday since I'm pretty sure his highlighted rates makes you more likely to roll him than both him and fujin combined during a godfest

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Manatee Cannon posted:

kinda tempted to roll for lugh when the celtic pantheon gets added on friday since I'm pretty sure his highlighted rates makes you more likely to roll him than both him and fujin combined during a godfest

Wait and see if Fujin wins the "GFE added to the MP shop first" and see how much she would be. The two frontrunners are Fujin and Cotton.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm not gonna hold my breath that na will get that at all. even if we do, it'd be a while. multiple fujin actives are nice to have anyway

assuming I can afford it at all that is. bought odindra on both accounts so I only have in the ballpark of 300-400k mp and I kinda expect them to price gouge here

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
I'd sell everything and drop a million MP on Fujin without a moment's hesitation.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Plorkyeran posted:

I'd sell everything and drop a million MP on Fujin without a moment's hesitation.

I would drop a cotton for a fujin active

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I've got a ton of money - is the Nye amaterasu any good? Seems like a poor man's yog for not too much cost.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

boo_radley posted:

I've got a ton of money - is the Nye amaterasu any good? Seems like a poor man's yog for not too much cost.

she's bad and more of a poor man's zeus verse than she is yog (she and yog play nothing alike tbh). if you need a bind clear, buy odindra. if you need an easy lead, make zeus verse (he's even free!). even with the buff, ny amaterasu isn't worth it. you'd think they'd have at least brought her stats up to revo amaterasu or something but nah, she has the exact same stats as awoken amaterasu and that's pretty terrible

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

JP PAD. 6-stone Godfest. Got Barbossa, Escha, and Yog. Good haul overall.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I hate machine Athena. I spent a few stones trying it out blind, got to her, and realized it would be impossible to beat with my anublos team barring insane luck because it’s really hard to get below her 4 million absorb while doing any meaningful damage.

So I built a team around it. Diablos (BlOnia) / Skuld (Revo orochi) / Daiochan (revo Sakuya) / revo Haku (Diena) / Leona (Tiamat) with friend revo Anubis.

Blonia mostly for stats, maybe emergency board change if she comes up. Sakuya and Tiamat assists purely for stat boosts. Gave everybody killers, skill delay or time extend latents. Max levelled and plussed even the assist monsters for whatever tiny boost that would give.

I needed Skuld for follow-up attack on star justice, orochi to delay the stupid puppet thing that absorbs dark/light, and Leona for the damage absorb on machine Athena. No big deal, need to one-shot her for fifty million, should be easy on diena assist.

I dealt with the three stupid blind golem floors. I died once to a flubbed combo trying to stall out awakening binds on Folklore. No big deal. I plowed through the cyberdragon, stalled like mad on Zeal, demolished star justice, died once on the stupid puppeteer somehow, and got to Athena all skills ready. I did one turn before using Leona to make sure I’d OHKO.

I stupidly used Diablos’ gravity before shutting off her absorb, putting her at full again. Oh well. Used Leona, then Diena for a bigger spike, then Diaochan for more time just in case. I planned out my moves; I was taking no chances. I organized the board for an easy nine combo, and held my finger with lots of time remaining.

Then I noticed I had done an accidental diagonal early on, far from where I was. I ran out of time. It had screwed up two of my nine combos. I got no skyfall.

I loving hate this game sometimes.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Still playing EU, because it's still a fun enough game and it's probably not long now before the end anyway. We didn't get the MH collab or any of the new evos/assists from it, and right now we have the NY REM but no way to get extra stones to roll on it. The button to buy stones is still there though, as is the shop option, though obviously you can't use it.

It would be interesting to see how many players are still active at this point-half my friend list is made of names like "RIP EU" "SAVEEUPLZ" and "GON4EVR"

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

When you’re ready to play JP, I have plenty of nice alt accounts.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Okay, I need some advice.

I was lucky enough to pull a cotton, and she seems a great fit for my diablos team. I had wedged Skuld in there even if her skill was kind of poo poo for my colours as follow up attack was important, and cotton seems better suited, but I can’t decide what colour to evo her into.

I currently run Diablos/Skuld/revo Haku/Diaochan/flex/Anubis, focussing mostly on dark. Notable monsters for the team are Enra, Sima Yi, Beach Ginchiyo Tachibana, Saria, Kulia, Andromeda, and D. Kali.

If I make Cotton dark, I could run something like Cotton/Diaochan/Haku/uhh...Enra? But then I’m missing blue. I suppose I could sub in Sims Yi or Kulia instead of Enra but those 3 7c awakenings are nice.

If I make her blue, I could run Enra, beach Ginchiyo, Cotton, blue valk or something. Or Haku. Or Skuld I guess.

If I go red, I could do Enra, Cotton, Saria, Diaochan I guess. I also have revo Freyr. Maybe I’m trying to force Enra where she shouldn’t go though.

Any thoughts?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

anubis and diablos are both pure combo leads so there's no reason to worry about color coverage

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

anubis and diablos are both pure combo leads so there's no reason to worry about color coverage

A bunch of dungeons require all colours, I should have probably specified the "missing blue" and subbing in someone for Enra would be for those dungeons. I haven't had to worry about changing my team for those in ages. The bigger thing is if I make a tri-colour board with Haku and don't have monsters in one of those colours it seems wasteful to me, but maybe I'm overthinking it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
You need to modify your team to fit the dungeon. If you're dealing with high-defense monsters in a dungeon, for example, you want to have colors covered to activate defense break.

Otherwise, prefer grabbing good actives and awakenings.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I also don't understand why you're not using Tachibana.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea tachibana and enra would cover all the colors you need since your leads cover the rest

also new heroine cards+super awakenings. mel with a fua is pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I also don't understand why you're not using Tachibana.

To be completely honest I forgot I had her. I pulled her on the free pull, thought nothing of it, and never looked at her awakenings. I'm dumb sometimes.

Edit:

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You need to modify your team to fit the dungeon. If you're dealing with high-defense monsters in a dungeon, for example, you want to have colors covered to activate defense break.

Otherwise, prefer grabbing good actives and awakenings.

I know this. I'm just trying to figure out what the best option for evolving Cotton would be.

Hobojim fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 16, 2018