Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

It will be. It will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Eureka sounds badass

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
oh yeah instead of getting a whole new zone to work on my relic in I'd much rather have to do fifty hours of old content I was sick of when it was still current

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Today I got reminded why I shouldn't run ACT when playing DF. I left it running after doing some training dummy testing.

:negative:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
As someone who did both relic grinds and played FFXI endgame.

Give me a third relic grind any day.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

oh yeah instead of getting a whole new zone to work on my relic in I'd much rather have to do fifty hours of old content I was sick of when it was still current

I'm all for it if they make it interesting. Diadem sounded interesting, but it thoroughly wasn't.

I'd much prefer it if they made the relics more like the original 2.0 relic, where you had to down a bunch of trial fights to get your swanky i80 weapon. But that would require them to spend development resources that could be spent on general content, so mindless tedium it is.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I hope Eureka is fun and cool, but I'm not going to set the bar for that at light grinding. That isn't going to help anything.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Truga posted:

Today I got reminded why I shouldn't run ACT when playing DF. I left it running after doing some training dummy testing.

:negative:

My first thought was "2 dps doing okay to good, tank, then healer, looks okay?" and then I finally looked below the healer and realized.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I hope after one week of Eureka pulls a Sword Art Online and traps the Eureka player base into a digital prison

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that is remarkably bad warrior dps. like, even in tank stance that looks like 'not always pushing buttons' dps

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I am going to cleanse my mind of that awful WAR damage by watching a funny video about invincible hunt mobs.

You should watch it too, it's good.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I love it when I play RDM and everything syncs up really well and I'm throwing out badass spells and using my cool sword and it's smooth as silk. Then I wonder why the boss is still taking so long to die in this EXDR and I look over at the summoner in the group and suddenly realize he hasn't summoned Bahamut once this entire run. Why SMN if you're not going to make a dragon do dragon things?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Let people glamour bahamut into a giant carbuncle and people will fall over themselves to summon him.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

My static is looking for a replacement melee DPS for this raid tier. We're currently working on O6S progression and meet Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9PM-11PM eastern time.

Dragoon would be preferred but we're flexible and will take any melee DPS. If you're interested, or know anyone that is interested, feel free to drop me a line. My in-game name is Avelyn Bruchgeld.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Nill posted:

Let people glamour bahamut into a giant carbuncle and people will fall over themselves to summon him.

People really do seem to like Carbuncle

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Or a sexy dragon-girl look. Cute looking creature or jiggling breasts will always get a following.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
hell, :same:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Vadoc posted:

Or a sexy dragon-girl look. Cute looking creature or jiggling breasts will always get a following.

If you combine the two you have the second coming *rimshot*

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I hope after one week of Eureka pulls a Sword Art Online and traps the Eureka player base into a digital prison

I hope after one week of Eureka FF14 pulls a Sword Art Online and lets me deposit 2 years of cum into my video game waifu.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I really enjoyed the end of the Sahagin beast tribe storyline.

Also I finally have my drat elbst.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

If you combine the two you have the second coming *rimshot*

Please do not put boobs on carbuncles

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nodosaur posted:

I really enjoyed the end of the Sahagin beast tribe storyline.

Agreed. Novv is great.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Waci posted:

Please do not put boobs on carbuncles

What about a Tanuki carbuncle?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm gonna refer to all DPS classes as "DD"s in Eureka for maximum effect

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Leal posted:

I hope after one week of Eureka FF14 pulls a Sword Art Online and lets me deposit 2 years of cum into my video game waifu.

Vadoc posted:

:thunk:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Had a Red Mage in Ala Mhigo (70roo) earlier who did zero melee combos on threatening enemies* and used Scatter/Veraerothunder on single target.
I was rewarded by winning the mount with a 26.

* - He used one melee combo in the entirety of the dungeon... against one of the laser gates... with roughly 10% hp left so I don't think he got to Redoublement.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
do i want to know

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Leofish posted:

I love it when I play RDM and everything syncs up really well and I'm throwing out badass spells and using my cool sword and it's smooth as silk. Then I wonder why the boss is still taking so long to die in this EXDR and I look over at the summoner in the group and suddenly realize he hasn't summoned Bahamut once this entire run. Why SMN if you're not going to make a dragon do dragon things?
This is why I always queue as DPS. Tanking is fun and there's no beating those 2-second queue times but going through a whole dungeon with two comatose DPS terrified of their own buttons drives me up the god drat wall.

Nill posted:

Let people glamour bahamut into a giant carbuncle.
Yoship, get on this.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I have done Sephirot Extreme for *checks clock* eleven hours almost straight now.

I have gotten 9 totems out of it. :tizzy:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

HenryEx posted:

I have done Sephirot Extreme for *checks clock* eleven hours almost straight now.

shoulda said his name

Sephirot Extreme is an absolute pubkiller because there are so many mechanics that will gently caress you up if you don't do them right regardless of how much health you have, and some of them will gently caress up everyone else too.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I thought Zurvan was bad. I have literally never witnessed a Zurvan attempt where someone DIDN'T die to Southern Cross, even when they have already done it like 10 times before. Mercifully, i got the bird on like my 4th kill. (Coincidentally, all of those kills were times where we managed to skip the meteor / seal phase with DPS)

Sephirot though... FFS, i need to watch out that i don't fall asleep throughout the fight tanking this guy by now. But guess what i saw on one of the last few attempts i just did? I saw the SCHwith a green debuff, with whom i've spent like 90 minutes in a group attempting this guy now, run back with me on the Da'at phase and standing right next to me.
I mean, he took my tether from me, but that poo poo still splashes and insta-kills me.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 11, 2018

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Does everyone just PF their Ex-primals? I thought about it but you know my life is p stressful enough. None of my friends play FFXIV and I don't want to join a FC etc.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Alder posted:

Does everyone just PF their Ex-primals? I thought about it but you know my life is p stressful enough. None of my friends play FFXIV and I don't want to join a FC etc.

PF honestly isn't that bad. People just post the bad experiences here, and not the good/neutral experiences.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I don't want to make friends wait why am I always alone

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Alder posted:

If you don't have friends and don't want to make friends in the game then maybe an MMO isn't for you

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

HenryEx posted:

I too have done the Sephirot Ex grind to make a fancy katana. Two weeks, a good 20+ groups with only 2 of them being proper farms. They were pretty fun (the second lot was an FC group getting clears that farmed for a bit, it was rad. Got like 15-ish totems off that group and a couple orchestrions.)

Colors is really the only mechanic that everyone needs to know and you need a minimum of 7 people for it because otherwise you get a very lopsided split and you'll have a bad time. Color-buffed Da'at and tower pound will kill people regardless of health (300k+ damage) and it's gonna be awhile before we can do 64-ish% of his health in the 12 seconds it takes for him to do the mechanic.

If you get a group that can consistently do colors and sticks around for awhile after clearing, it's good stuff.

I ended up buying my sap after a day where I could not get a party that did not include one dude in it who could not do color mechanics, no matter how much instruction they were given on it. I even warned some of the later parties on that and they were all like 'eh, we'll go anyway.'

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 12, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wish leveling roulette would put you in the highest available dungeon accessible to all members in the party. It's frustrating getting a Sastasha when everyone outlevels it and is being scaled down.

Someone ingame told me that the roulette bonus scaled to take in account lower mob XP from being in Sastasha, so that you got the same amount of XP overall. I didn't believe them, but I thought I'd check to see if that was the case. If that was the case then I guess it's somewhat less annoying.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That's true, but only for the daily completion bonus. If you do the roulette additional times then you're just getting the mob XP, whatever it is, and you're better off just directly queuing for the highest level dungeon you have available.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Asimo posted:

That's true, but only for the daily completion bonus. If you do the roulette additional times then you're just getting the mob XP, whatever it is, and you're better off just directly queuing for the highest level dungeon you have available.

Yep. Also I have no clue how this interacts with things like the armory bonus and the Brand New Ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jose Valasquez posted:

If you don't have friends and don't want to make friends in the game then maybe an MMO isn't for you

I like fashion though :sigh:

Also weird schedules means no one is online when I am or vice versa. I've liked FFXIV up to now how it's basically a 1P JRPG except for some parts.