Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

fatte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

El fato.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Oh, how sweet, those trucks are guarding the SUV so it doesn't get scratched. :3:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
There's a good portion of me that hates this kind of poo poo because just look at all the empty parking spots. That guy could park sideways across three spots and not cause a ruckus. People getting all rude over a bunch of lines on the pavement. Plus a jacked Jeep is just as bullshit as a Mercedes SUV crossover.

But gently caress that guy, I love this so much. Climb up through your lovely hatchback the hard way, rear end in a top hat. The lines matter sometimes, and he probably never actually parks right.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 20:32 on Feb 11, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

fizzymercy posted:

There's a good portion of me that hates this kind of poo poo because just look at all the empty parking spots. That guy could park sideways across three spots and not cause a ruckus. People getting all rude over a bunch of lines on the pavement. Plus a jacked Jeep is just as bullshit as a Mercedes SUV crossover.

But gently caress that guy, I love this so much. Climb up through your lovely hatchback the hard way, rear end in a top hat. The lines matter sometimes, and he probably never actually parks right.

Parking inside the lines is one of the easiest things to do, and even new drivers at least don't do worse than parking with the wheels an inch over. Parking right dead in the middle is being an rear end in a top hat for no good reason.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Also thank you for that, I love watching that kind of stuff

Viral Marketing?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ariong posted:

El fato.

Catte fatte, so whatte.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Parking inside the lines is one of the easiest things to do, and even new drivers at least don't do worse than parking with the wheels an inch over. Parking right dead in the middle is being an rear end in a top hat for no good reason.

To be clear, I 100% agree with this. I also think being private parking enforcement is pretty dorky. Especially if that guy gets mad enough to scratch and dent the cars around him to get out of the spot. I'll never understand caring that much about how a stranger does anything.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Runcible Cat posted:

Catte fatte, so whatte.

Catte's fatte and thattes thatte.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

fizzymercy posted:

To be clear, I 100% agree with this. I also think being private parking enforcement is pretty dorky. Especially if that guy gets mad enough to scratch and dent the cars around him to get out of the spot. I'll never understand caring that much about how a stranger does anything.

Do you think the type of person to park like that only does it when there is an abundance of parking spots to chose from?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Nah, I'm certain he's blind to parking stripe Or more likely this is a stdh that I'm over-analyzing while bored on a weekend.

e: Say Nothing coming in with a good post about not just parking yourself wherever you feel cozy.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 22:01 on Feb 11, 2018

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
He’s not blind, he’s decided his car is so valuable he should get 2 full spaces to mitigate chances of door dings. He’s right in the loving middle, guarantee he does this anytime he can find two adjacent free spaces.

I bet he also cuts people off without signaling and gives them the finger if they honk at him

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

fizzymercy posted:

Uh, it's pretty obvious that the jeeps parked after he parked.

e: Oh, he parked on a line? Yea, that's rude, but that doesn't make the jeep drivers any less dickheads.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeQd_GzIz1M

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Tenkaris posted:

He’s not blind, he’s decided his car is so valuable he should get 2 full spaces to mitigate chances of door dings. He’s right in the loving middle, guarantee he does this anytime he can find two adjacent free spaces.

I bet he also cuts people off without signaling and gives them the finger if they honk at him

He's essentially this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibtzwdXgfI

Or literally this guy, in a good and just world.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Setting up the pick.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lurkman posted:

He's essentially this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibtzwdXgfI

Or literally this guy, in a good and just world.

Two dicks, one video

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Also thank you for that, I love watching that kind of stuff

I meant the video of the fish getting cleaned

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Tenkaris posted:

It's a Mercedes GLA, it's like the second cheapest Mercedes you can buy in the United States.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Cacator posted:

It's a Mercedes GLA, it's like the second cheapest Mercedes you can buy in the United States.

I said HE decided it was that valuable.

Note that this says nothing of the vehicle's actual value.

See also: people who drive BMWs

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
https://i.imgur.com/uaoHF3W.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/nMDF7Wr.gifv

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Solice Kirsk posted:

Our sprinkler system went off once and the water was opaque and gray. Smelled like a musty basement too.

I was in a warehouse store of some kind, an an idiot employee on a forklift ripped out the main fire sprinkler riser. The entire contents of the system backflowed out into the shopping area in a flash flood of chunky black goop. This came pouring out of the remainder of the upper portion of the pipe. Then from the lower portion, a high pressure spray of a few seconds of black goop, followed by clean water. The high pressure water hit the goop falling from above and scattered it all over the place. Kind of like a manuere spreader. It smelled like death. One of those moments where you just drop what you are doing, don't look back, and simply leave. I wonder if the guy kept his job.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

These are all incredible

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Catholic Church in Australia: "If you make us pay compensation to child sex abuse victims we'll have to cut services!"

Also Catholic Church in Australia: Worth about thirty billion dollars.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Let some other institution that doesn't have a child molestation problem offer those services.

Oh wait. There aren't any.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
The official TOTO fan club does not have a child molestation problem.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Picnic Princess posted:

Let some other institution that doesn't have a child molestation problem offer those services.

Oh wait. There aren't any.

Sure, the Catholic Church does a lot of good for a lot of people. But you don't get to cry poor and say you're going to need to cut services to pay compensation to your victims when you're worth that kind of money and get billions a year from the government to run private education.

quote:

The royal commission reported that payments averaged just $35,000 under the Melbourne Response, the compensation scheme established by the then archbishop George Pell in 1996, a total of $11.3 million to 324 survivors of child sexual abuse.

In 2015, the Melbourne archdiocese paid $39 million - more than three times the total compensation amount - for new premium offices, the heritage-listed Industry House in East Melbourne, near St Patrick’s Cathedral.

Put off moving your offices for a few more years and pay the people whose lives you facilitated the ruining of.

Memento has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Feb 12, 2018

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Volcott posted:

The official TOTO fan club does not have a child molestation problem.

That we know of

(If I learned anything in 2017)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Stop gilding the Vatican and maybe they can pay compensation to the victims of csa.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

PetraCore posted:

Stop gilding the Vatican and maybe they can pay compensation to the victims of csa.

CSA?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Child sex abuse

PetraCore posted:

pope_ratzinger_sitting_in_a_solid_gold_chair.jpg

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PetraCore posted:

Heaven Less Opulent Than Vatican, Reports Disappointed Pope

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://giant.gfycat.com/EnviousUnrulyBullmastiff.mp4

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao took me a few loops to realize its the same cat every time. Instincts carry no information about wood veneer

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao took me a few loops to realize its the same cat every time. Instincts carry no information about wood veneer

These cats must do stupid poo poo all the time to have the owner ready with camera rolling

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is positively delightful.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/962038137651425280

Someone reset the "Days Since A Republican Had To Quit Because He Probably Did The Thing He Campaigned Against" sign to 0.

Memento has a new favorite as of 06:47 on Feb 12, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^ HAHA get hosed... no wait...

Straight into my veins. I have to park at a certain parking garage about once a month, and they have a line of smaller spaces marked 'compact car only' up front. I get IRRATIONALLY mad when a bunch of shitheads park their SUVs in those spots leaving me to have to drive another 200ft in my subcompact and then walk back :argh:
-- excerpt from FirstWorldProblems.txt

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 07:09 on Feb 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

way more effective if he hadnt been boxed in by 2x douchebromobiles

my first response was to just start breaking bro windows until i saw the lines

e: also one of their lifted idiot friends stuck around to film it. yeah that guy who parked across 2 spots is a moron, but the correct answer is a vigorous door opening followed by 'oh darn'

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Feb 12, 2018