Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Coldforge posted:

He doesn't sound in any hurry to move back east again. Asked why he didn't hold out for more money, “Because this is where I want to be.... it's 75 degrees out here. It's not a snowstorm like Chicago."

:smug:

Edit: Team still has around 75 million in cap space to sign Malcolm Butler, Andrew Norwell and LeVeon Bell.

lol you dont want malcolm bulter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think I'm going to try and make the 49ers my main team next year, cause this last season has taught me that my passion for New England football is pretty much dead.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Nodoze posted:

lol you dont want malcolm bulter

Do. The 49ers starter last year was Dontae Johnson. Who's that, you ask? Exactly.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Woe is me a fan of a team who makes the super bowl every loving year lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I imagine if we could somehow get Bell, we'd let Hyde go and just run with Bell + Breida, yeah? I mean Hyde is a free agent so there's no guarantee we keep him regardless. I wonder where he'll go, though.

I really don't want to roll out with just Breida plus I guess Joe Williams, though, so I hope we do sign a FA RB.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Big Jesus posted:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

It's not Jiminy's fault that Tom Brady has become the Antichrist.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

I imagine if we could somehow get Bell, we'd let Hyde go and just run with Bell + Breida, yeah? I mean Hyde is a free agent so there's no guarantee we keep him regardless. I wonder where he'll go, though.

I really don't want to roll out with just Breida plus I guess Joe Williams, though, so I hope we do sign a FA RB.

I doubt Pittsburgh lets Bell leave town, but thankfully it's a really good year to draft a RB. I just honestly can't imagine Hyde stays.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Do you think he's unhappy with Shanahan, or worries about losing touches to Breida? Because I'd think he'd be pretty happy with the situation at hand in terms of getting to win games, and the Niners can afford to pay him what he wants, probably.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

:shrug:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

The Big Jesus posted:

gently caress that I hope the Pats keep stomping on everyone. I will openly root for the 49ers, I miss Handsome Jimmy

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

Do you think he's unhappy with Shanahan, or worries about losing touches to Breida? Because I'd think he'd be pretty happy with the situation at hand in terms of getting to win games, and the Niners can afford to pay him what he wants, probably.

I think he doesn't fit what Shanahan wants to do with the running game, who's all about the outside zone. Hyde's an inside zone or power, downhill runner.

Likely the 49ers will let him test free agency, low-ball him, and he'll go elsewhere to get that money; not that he doesn't want to be in SF, but SF won't be willing to pay him anywhere near what he'll get elsewhere.

That same process will probably happen with Reid too, unfortunately, though I'm sure they'd like to have Reid back more than they would Hyde..

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sign this man. We should sign this man even if we're doomed to 0-16. Loyalty and hope should matter, and we've got $Texas in terms of cap space.

Seriously, I talked my Old White Dude Fan dad down from getting annoyed at Jimmy G's contract by explaining just how much cap space the Niners have.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 10, 2018

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Put that madman John Lynch in the Hall now, both as a player and an exec.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Print the sharts

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Sign this man. We should sign this man even if we're doomed to 0-16. Loyalty and hope should matter, and we've got $Texas in terms of cap space.

Seriously, I talked my Old White Dude Fan dad down from getting annoyed at Jimmy G's contract by explaining just how much cap space the Niners have.

Nah. He’ll get more money, playing time, and probably perform better in a different scheme. 49ers aren’t the best organization in the league, they’re just the only one he has any experience with.

He’ll be 27 next season, this is probably his only shot at getting a big payday. He should get the most guaranteed money he possibly can, or barring that, should take a one year deal in the place that showcases him the best.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah. As much as I appreciate Hyde, I don’t think we really owe him some extreme level of loyalty.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
It’s time to get Frank a ring.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Foster arrested for DV goddammit fuuuuuck youuuuuu

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

Well, we better hope Solomon Thomas is more than just a run stopper, or this draft class just went from excellent to awful.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the nfc west felon team is loving stacked at linebacker

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-linebacker-reuben-foster-arrested-reportedly-domestic-violence?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Threw in the firearms charge as an homage to Aldon, this guy is a real pro.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/962839224796852224

Feeling pretty drat vindicated right about now

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Goddamnit.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bye Foster.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I'll be surprised if they cut him loose so soon, tbh. Won't be disappointed if they do, but I imagine they'll hold his contract clause over him as pressure to allow more supervision & forced structure.

Jimmy is not happy with you, Reuben.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

RIP, although I agree the sentiment seems to be that he won’t necessarily be cut. The additional weapons related charges could push it over the top.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
print the shirts Seahawks 2018 babey

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Yeah jeez Foster could get hit with a felony for the assault rifle. Curious to see how the Niners initially handle this after Aldon Smith getting a ton of chances before finally cutting him.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Paperback Writer posted:

Yeah jeez Foster could get hit with a felony for the assault rifle. Curious to see how the Niners initially handle this after Aldon Smith getting a ton of chances before finally cutting him.

One thing I learned from Aldon: it's really rare for the charge to actually occur, the DA has to be confident they can prove intent to break the law. Foster can just say (probably honestly) that he didn't know the gun was illegal in CA, and unless there's some witness or other compelling reason to think he he was completely aware of the details of the law, he'd be found innocent.

The DV charge is way more serious. Right now the details that have leaked don't sound egregious (though bad enough), but who knows how the story will change as the investigation goes on.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 14, 2018

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Foster has been kicked out of the combine and arrested twice in what, ten months?

He won’t be on a team two years from now, who cares how long he gets suspended for this.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Foster has been kicked out of the combine and arrested twice in what, ten months?

He won’t be on a team two years from now, who cares how long he gets suspended for this.

Arrested twice in 40 days

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

warcrimes posted:

Arrested twice in 40 days

Warcrimes really drooling at the prospect of Reuben Foster signing with Las Vegas as a free agent :laugh:

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

It sucks to lose a potential talent like Foster, but once JED said "Winning with class", he has to follow through with that statement, as much as I and other fans despise him.

I mean Tremaine Brock didn't even end up getting charged and they cut him the day after the initial report about his charge. Can't play favorites with better players. Cut Foster and hopefully find another LB in the draft.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Maggot Soup posted:

It sucks to lose a potential talent like Foster, but once JED said "Winning with class", he has to follow through with that statement, as much as I and other fans despise him.

I mean Tremaine Brock didn't even end up getting charged and they cut him the day after the initial report about his charge. Can't play favorites with better players. Cut Foster and hopefully find another LB in the draft.

They can and will play favorites with better players, and as long as the team is good, the fans won't really care.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Maggot Soup posted:

:laffo: source your quotes

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Coldforge posted:

:laffo: source your quotes

"Winning with class"?
http://thebiglead.com/2014/12/30/jed-york-on-harbaugh-leaving-winning-with-class-is-what-matters/

quote:

OK. I guess we’ll just have to leave this one hanging. He said one thing. You said another. And we’ll just have to figure out who we believe. (NBC’s) Cris Collinsworth said something in Week 1 that’s been nagging at me all year. He said the 49ers have a winning situation going on right now. We hear there’s discord as early as Week 1. It is now the 49ers’ job to keep this together because winning is hard in the NFL. And it is your job, Jed, to manage the dysfunction. Or to manage whatever the philosophical differences were because winning is the only thing that matters and you guys were winning. Why couldn’t you manage it.

JY: Winning isn’t the only thing matters. Winning with class is what matters.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

:thejoke:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

Warcrimes really drooling at the prospect of Reuben Foster signing with Las Vegas as a free agent :laugh:

Outted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Foster will continue to be a headache. Remove the issue now before he injures himself on the field further, or does more serious damage off the field.

• Locked thread