Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"All right Teddy, all you need to do is not gently caress up for 12 seconds and we'll be fi-"
SWAT bursts into the room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remain surprised he put over Bobby Wayward as nicely as he did on the Twitch show.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Teddy Hart's inability to show up to an event versus Impact's inability to pay its talent is the first time in a decade I've been invested in a matchup this company has announced.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Claytor posted:

Teddy Hart's inability to show up to an event versus Impact's inability to pay its talent is the first time in a decade I've been invested in a matchup this company has announced.

Is he going to bring his cat with him?

No cat, no views.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

Is he going to bring his cat with him?

No cat, no views.

Cat died.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He has another apparently, he brought it to that Twitch show.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

He has another apparently, he brought it to that Twitch show.

Nice.

Teddy Hart confirmed crazy cat dude.

Isn't Nattie a cat lady too?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

joylessdivision posted:

Nice.

It's been a Hart thing since at least Stu. I forget whose book mentioned Stu cleaning kitty litter with the same spatula he used for cooking but hopefully his descendants are more sanitary at least.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It's been a Hart thing since at least Stu. I forget whose book mentioned Stu cleaning kitty litter with the same spatula he used for cooking but hopefully his descendants are more sanitary at least.
:stonk:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stu Hart got all horned up because he thought Gangrel and [SOME OTHER GUY A HART MAYBE?] were down in the dungeon stretching each other.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

joylessdivision posted:

Nice.

Teddy Hart once tried to start a cat wrestling promotion.

I don't think anything had to be "confirmed."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If you've never seen in it, watch the episode of Best Friends with Teddy as the guest. It is loving nuts, and the only time I've ever seen Chuck look truly uncomfortable with his guests' actions and words. We watched it live on PSP TV and it was a surreal experience.

Which is saying something, as he had Bill Carr on an Officer and a Gentleman, and Carr's a weirdo, but more in the "Get a load of this guy" sense, rather than "Are we an accessory to a felony right now?".

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 11, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is that the one where he tells the story about the police showing up, and he pulls out a gun and puts it to his own head and tells them,"Let me tell my side of the story or I'll kill myself!"?

Because that poo poo was loving insane.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Is that the one where he tells the story about the police showing up, and he pulls out a gun and puts it to his own head and tells them,"Let me tell my side of the story or I'll kill myself!"?

Because that poo poo was loving insane.

I believe so. He also gives an account of the story of his rape charges, unsolicited, IIRC. Best Friends ain't exactly hard hitting journalism.

Fun fact: TNA still owes Dustin 600 bucks.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

I was way too excited to hear Raven won the belt after having sworn off TNA again for some Jarrett related reason just before that show.

I like your TNA podcast.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently Gail Kim says Impact is trying to sign Io Shirai. I hope Io is smart enough to avoid signing with them. It goes without saying, but Io makes more money in Japan than she would signing with Impact. Io's merch sales are insane, along with her being the highest paid STARDOM talent by a longshot.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently Gail Kim says Impact is trying to sign Io Shirai. I hope Io is smart enough to avoid signing with them. It goes without saying, but Io makes more money in Japan than she would signing with Impact. Io's merch sales are insane, along with her being the highest paid STARDOM talent by a longshot.

I really wanted to see her in NXT. It's a shame. :(

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fart blood posted:

I really wanted to see her in NXT. It's a shame. :(

Dave claims WWE won't sign Io because she has a heart condition.

But yeah, I cannot understate it enough, I REALLY hope Io doesn't sign with Impact. She'll be making significantly less (if she even gets paid on time), and her exposure won't grow much, since Impact barely gets any viewership.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave claims WWE won't sign Io because she has a heart condition.

But yeah, I cannot understate it enough, I REALLY hope Io doesn't sign with Impact. She'll be making significantly less (if she even gets paid on time), and her exposure won't grow much, since Impact barely gets any viewership.

They signed MVP and he had a heart condition. No fair! :mad:

I wonder what her heart condition is. I hope it's not something that doesn't lend itself well to physical activity like Marfans or something!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Like I don't think its too far from the truth when I say even Kairi's NXT contract pays more than an Impact contract for Io would. Kairi supposedly makes around $65,000 a year with her NXT deal.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fart blood posted:

I like your TNA podcast.

Thank you!

As for Io I'm guessing she'd just do both because TNA is like, 4 weeks per year.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jerusalem posted:

"All right Teddy, all you need to do is not gently caress up for 12 seconds and we'll be fi-"
SWAT bursts into the room

There’s a story from ECW when they brought in Jake Roberts for a few shows. Paul’s walking down a hall in the arena and sees Jake and New Jack walking the other way. Paul just turns around because he doesn’t wanna know.

New Jack says they were chatting and Jake never bought from him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Gail was far more casual about it on Konnan's podcast. Rebel put her over to Gail after touring with STARDOM. Her signing isn't imminent or anything.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I actually prefer Io Shirai over Kairi Hojo but that could just be me being a contrarian and wanting the one that I have less exposure to.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

DarkstarIV posted:

Like I don't think its too far from the truth when I say even Kairi's NXT contract pays more than an Impact contract for Io would. Kairi supposedly makes around $65,000 a year with her NXT deal.
Christ, if talent has to cover their travel expenses that’s way less than I make

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Christ, if talent has to cover their travel expenses that’s way less than I make

NXT doesn't travel

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

NXT doesn't travel

There are touring shows and ones just in Florida and while the Florida shows don't require hotels they do still require a drive. I'd imagine she's on the touring shows given she's on the NXT show.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MassRafTer posted:

There are touring shows and ones just in Florida and while the Florida shows don't require hotels they do still require a drive. I'd imagine she's on the touring shows given she's on the NXT show.

I didn't realize there were levels. I know Brennan Williams basically stays in Florida but he is also not a tv regular yet

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Basic Chunnel posted:

IIRC NXT trainees get travel paid, but they don't exactly tour a ton. 3 or 4 days in some region every so often, or like 4 days in Florida based around Orlando.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MassRafTer posted:

Kairi has been on the Florida circuit as of late.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Kairi has been on the Florida circuit as of late.

So in that case deduct the cost of gas around the state from her $65K.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

do the nxt guys get show bonuses like the main roster?

I know the way show bonuses work now is a bit different because of wwe channel

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

So in that case deduct the cost of gas around the state from her $65K.
Federal taxes allow 54.5 cents to be deducted per mile driven for 2018, provided you can deduct, though I'm sure that independent contractors are somehow screwed on that.

EDIT: To put that in a bit of perspective, the upcoming Florida loop has them going to Tampa, Jacksonville, and Cocoa on successive days. If they follow what Google Maps tells me, that's 482 miles leaving and returning to Orlando, so they'd get to deduct $262.69 for that trip, which ought to be far more than the gas costs. Do this for, say, 40 weeks out of the year (I don't know what a typical NXT schedule looks like), and you're at $10k, though a given weekend will obviously vary by the exact shows being run.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 13, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah in the case of Kairi in particular, she took a pretty steep paycut to come to WWE. Stardom has said she was their second biggest merch mover, and made six digits as a result (this is pretty obvious as she tweets out a bunch of designer brand products she buys). #1 is Io.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

Federal taxes allow 54.5 cents to be deducted per mile driven for 2018, provided you can deduct, though I'm sure that independent contractors are somehow screwed on that.

EDIT: To put that in a bit of perspective, the upcoming Florida loop has them going to Tampa, Jacksonville, and Cocoa on successive days. If they follow what Google Maps tells me, that's 482 miles leaving and returning to Orlando, so they'd get to deduct $262.69 for that trip, which ought to be far more than the gas costs. Do this for, say, 40 weeks out of the year (I don't know what a typical NXT schedule looks like), and you're at $10k, though a given weekend will obviously vary by the exact shows being run.

It's probably closer to 12 weeks a year, they typically run the Florida loop like once a month for 3 or 4 dates.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

They aren't. I'm an independent contractor for a side job and I can deduct mileage just fine.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah in the case of Kairi in particular, she took a pretty steep paycut to come to WWE. Stardom has said she was their second biggest merch mover, and made six digits as a result (this is pretty obvious as she tweets out a bunch of designer brand products she buys). #1 is Io.

i was surprised when i heard this given how little stardom draws.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

i was surprised when i heard this given how little stardom draws.

they do 300-400 people a show, and given how they space them, a joshi enthusiast can easily go balls out on the live experience. Well not really balls out, I mean that figuratively.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

coconono posted:

they do 300-400 people a show, and given how they space them, a joshi enthusiast can easily go balls out on the live experience. Well not really balls out, I mean that figuratively.

They do regular shows at the Shin-Kiba 1st Ring in Tokyo which is kind of a shack in the middle of a lumberyard a lot of promotions use and the cheap seats get filled pretty easily. I got a pretty nice seat next to the ramp but those weren’t as full. The tickets to those start at ¥5000 yen and scale up to about ¥7000. Korakuen Hall shows also have ringside seats at about ¥13,000.

I guess the moral of the story is they make bucketloads more money than TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Is there an easy way to watch Stardom? I like NJPW a lot but the lack of women on the show bugs me.