Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

What are your materia?

Doublehand , Adventurer V, Quick Assault x2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gumi needs to make a global exclusive trial that gives a 50% gun materia

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gumi needs to make a global exclusive trial that gives a 50% gun materia

Same, I need poo poo for Balthier

Also I threw an 11-pull and a couple tickets chasing the dog and pulled a very special tank friend!

...it was Gladio.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Threw a ticket at the banner, rainbows Chinese bow Cupid :confuoot:

I mean who uses finishers anymore, and I don't have femalecloud or cloud. . .

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Dammit, I got
Shadow'd

30k lapis, 40 tickets for 5 rainbows. Rem, Duke, Ramza, and those two. I'm set till 7*, and still have enough for some eventual stepups so I guess I should start stockpiling again. The dog made me weak (plus a magic tank was the 1 thing I was missing)

How the gently caress do people get more than one rainbow on a 10+1, let alone ONE?

You are a very lucky person.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Heads up xon can waylay more weeds from mobs in the exploration. The Weed Thief

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Dissidia Opera Omnia is setting the mobile scene on fire, FFRK is fighting back with a Kingdom Hearts collab launching simultaneously in JP and Global, FFBE has... a dog?

*Price is Right horns*

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

BGrifter posted:

Dissidia Opera Omnia is setting the mobile scene on fire, FFRK is fighting back with a Kingdom Hearts collab launching simultaneously in JP and Global, FFBE has... a dog?

*Price is Right horns*

Sounds like FFBE came out on top in this exchange

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

arisu posted:

Sounds like FFBE came out on top in this exchange

I dunno, FFBE is still 99% TMR grind and 1% actual playing. Dissidia is refreshing in that you actually play the game.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I dunno, I got through the 4th island by only pressing “auto attack”

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

*Price is Right horns*

Sounds like someone is forgetting 1/2 price expeditions!

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

hagie posted:

I dunno, I got through the 4th island by only pressing “auto attack”

Try hard mode.

FFBE is stale as gently caress.

I literally have nothing to do in this game but farm for crysts to enhance heroes that are going to be worthless once 7* comes out, meanwhile my singleton bikini waifus are staring down my magic dogs in a death stare and I give no fucks about any of it

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 11, 2018

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Opera Omnia is really boring though.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Mischalaniouse posted:

This is what I’m feeling. It’s a new game so I can give it some slack on having lots of and exciting content, but I also just really don’t like the combat system. Both together just kills any desire to play the game for me. I like the ideas and it’s more generous than other games, so hopefully it does well enough to reinforce that the games we’ve had are too stingy.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
10+1 ticket gave me Prishe #2. Is 7* Prishe as underwhelming as she looks?

I guess turn 5 I can do a 7 Hit 1000% & Ignore 50% DEF attack with a fellow 7* Prishe which would be a little ridiculous.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

AegisP posted:

10+1 ticket gave me Prishe #2. Is 7* Prishe as underwhelming as she looks?

I guess turn 5 I can do a 7 Hit 1000% & Ignore 50% DEF attack with a fellow 7* Prishe which would be a little ridiculous.

I'm not sure about 7* prishe but as a fellow double Prishe owner she seems to suck. Sorry friend.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mischalaniouse posted:

You get... four abilities max? It could be better.

It's a nice secondary game, it's pretty and well-made.

It's also new. So things can change. Hopefully it will put pressure on this one.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You get... four abilities max? It could be better.

It's a nice secondary game, it's pretty and well-made.

It's also new. So things can change. Hopefully it will put pressure on this one.

2 per character. It's an interesting design decision, since unlike FFRK, new weapons/armor don't unlock new abilities. Instead they let you equip more passives, and make those moves better. In a way, it's nice because if I *need* a particular ability for a fight (like Esuna), I have it. The character just might be mediocre and require more babysitting. I like the game so far, since I can use whomever and the auto-battle lets me grind out crystals (secondary levels that unlock passive bonuses) for my characters. Yeah, it's basic right now but it's brand new. I am interested in seeing how it holds up long term.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

2 per character. It's an interesting design decision, since unlike FFRK, new weapons/armor don't unlock new abilities. Instead they let you equip more passives, and make those moves better.

They just added new 70cp weapons in the Japanese version that add an additional ability.

Two abilities is twice as many as 95% of FFBE content requires! *skillfully mashes Divine Ruination*

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Give it time. I'm sure in a couple months the internet hivemind will decided what the optimum ability is and then everyone will just spam that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

Give it time. I'm sure in a couple months the internet hivemind will decided what the optimum ability is and then everyone will just spam that.

Oh, they already have over there in the OO thread. Vaan, Squall, Y'shtola, Yuna, Cloud, Warrior of Light, Terra are all futureproofed.

Still, 4 abilities max, including the basic BRV and HP attacks.

Also still, not a terrible backup game. I've got WoL, Tifa and Squall on the way to being maxed out.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

So with festival of Love i opened all the chests with the materials to make the special items. My phone crashed and all of that is lost. The chests are now empty, is there any way to get those materials?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Garth_Marenghi posted:

So with festival of Love i opened all the chests with the materials to make the special items. My phone crashed and all of that is lost. The chests are now empty, is there any way to get those materials?

I would contact support. The official Twitter account posted that there were server stability issues, so they might be able to restore the items for you.

https://twitter.com/FFBE_EN/status/962960218769391616

Compensation was 100 Lapis.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Ubiquitus posted:

Threw a ticket at the banner, rainbows Chinese bow Cupid :confuoot:

I mean who uses finishers anymore, and I don't have femalecloud or cloud. . .

Well, since he apparently outclasses fully-BiS TDH FD finishers by miles even without ANY piece of TDH gear on him, just using his bow for the killers or Fixed Dice for everything else, you will probably find a use for him at some point.

He won't be outclassed as a finisher until 7*s come out. No other unit will even come close to him.

Edit: I mean sure he takes a slot away from a possible additional support unit. But in exchange he can probably just one-shot some trial bosses' phases which would necessitate that initial support unit anyways.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 12, 2018

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Free Summon: Trance Terra
Daily: Yan #5 (please stop)
Expedition Ticket: Basch

Listen, I was just complaining about 60+ pulls with no rainbow less than 2 days ago game, you don't need to go overboard in the other direction before CG Fina shows up.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Sometimes it does feel like the game is trying to make up for lovely pulls.

And it's more fun to anthropomorphize and attribute emotion to a random number generator than accept the cold hard fact that success is not nor has it ever been based on merit or talent, but the unpredictable tides of chaos of an apathetic universe. :sun:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Sometimes it does feel like the game is trying to make up for lovely pulls.

And it's more fun to anthropomorphize and attribute emotion to a random number generator than accept the cold hard fact that success is not nor has it ever been based on merit or talent, but the unpredictable tides of chaos of an apathetic universe. :sun:

You stop that right now! RNJesus is totally real, and it's watching you say that!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
RNJesus clearly wants me to have all the magic doggos and little magic girls. :sparkles::respek::chord:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

AegisP posted:

Free Summon: Trance Terra
Daily: Yan #5 (please stop)
Expedition Ticket: Basch

Listen, I was just complaining about 60+ pulls with no rainbow less than 2 days ago game, you don't need to go overboard in the other direction before CG Fina shows up.

Jeez, and all I ever get in free summons is very bottom of the barrel units except for this morning, where I pulled a Miyuki. I think she may have been the best free summon I’ve had so far that wasn’t on a 10+1, not like those have been great either :smith:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

RNJesus clearly wants me to have all the magic doggos and little magic girls. :sparkles::respek::chord:

Hmm... maybe I need to start trash talking RNJesus, then...

Stupid RNJesus, giving me garbage like Yuri and Bedile!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kheldarn posted:

Hmm... maybe I need to start trash talking RNJesus, then...

Stupid RNJesus, giving me garbage like Yuri and Bedile!

So does rnjesus have battered wife syndrome?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'm not seeing a relevant walkthrough for Aigaion. Any thoughts on team comp for robot trial? Would I be able to kill him the "faster" way?

DPS options:
Orlandeau + DV
e.Aileen x2
Fryveia and I guess a Friend?
Luneth, FV, BS Sakura, VoL x2, e. Olive

Support options:
e. Wilhelm (around 14000 hp, I think)
Ayaka or Tillith
Roy or Soleil
Rikku x2 I guess
e.Delita

I have no magic dudes at all. I do have a Pod, if that helps.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 12, 2018

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
double post b/c i luv dong

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Aigaion has 100% resistance to dark and light so I wouldn't recommend an Orlandu/DV team. x2 Aileen should be good for her innate machine killer and Aigaion doesn't have any earth resistance. Fry x2 was popular too, Aigaion is vulnerable to Spirit Breaks and only his arms have 50% ice resistance so ideally you'd go for a body first approach. An enhanced and sufficiently swole Wilhelms can eat the Left Fist's Punch o' Death w/ Provoke and even if not Ayaka can just dual cast Reraise on Wilhelm and Curaja all the damage away.

I'd spitball 2x Aileen, Wilhelm, Ayaka could do it. Bring Roy for buffs, and a finisher maybe? Make sure you get a full summon gauge off the body since the arms don't drop crystals and summon Ramuh when only the Left Arm is left, it'll snort somebody and kill itself when it takes lightning damage which should meet two of the challenges.

e: This is the faster way, Wilhelm and Ayaka should be able to tank and heal the poo poo Aigaion throws at you while 2x Aileens dismantle him.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 12, 2018

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cobalt60 posted:

I'm not seeing a relevant walkthrough for Aigaion. Any thoughts on team comp for robot trial? Would I be able to kill him the "faster" way?

DPS options:
Orlandeau + DV
e.Aileen x2
Fryveia and I guess a Friend?
Luneth, FV, BS Sakura, VoL x2, e. Olive

Support options:
e. Wilhelm (around 14000 hp, I think)
Ayaka or Tillith
Roy or Soleil
Rikku x2 I guess
e.Delita

I have no magic dudes at all. I do have a Pod, if that helps.

If you can field 2 enhanced Eileens, I think that’s your path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZs8qYruaQM

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I used Fryevia and a friend when I did it and it was super easy because they have the "survive fatal damage" thing which helped in case of bad turns.

Two Aileens would probably be fine too. You can definitely do the body first route with either option, though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Aileen friend aileen, Ayaka, Wilhelm, Roy and Rikku is the safer bet if you really can't count turns and get nuked. If you can count then a finisher or third Aileen would be better

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 13, 2018

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
A2 also does silly things to that robot.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Great, so I'll probably go with the crew below. To confirm, it's OK to use DW Aileens, right? That video has TDH stuff and I have none of those TMs.

Aileen
Aileen
Aileen friend
Wilhelm
Ayaka
Roy

... but does that setup still take 4 hours to kill, or whatever? Or is there a specific guide to look for using that comp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

Great, so I'll probably go with the crew below. To confirm, it's OK to use DW Aileens, right? That video has TDH stuff and I have none of those TMs.

Aileen
Aileen
Aileen friend
Wilhelm
Ayaka
Roy

... but does that setup still take 4 hours to kill, or whatever? Or is there a specific guide to look for using that comp?

That setup won't take 4 hours, thirty minutes or less.

• Locked thread