Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Lou Barletta is mad af

quote:

These politically motivated attacks from Senator Bob Casey and the DNC are as baseless as they are outrageous. Lou Barletta has always stood up for racial equality and continues to condemn hate, bigotry, and racial supremacy in all its forms,” Jon Anzur, Barletta’s deputy campaign manager, said in an exclusive statement to Breitbart News. 

Of course Lou was not aware of these individuals’ backgrounds. When Lou was mayor, he spoke with people from all over the world who came to Hazleton to report on what was happening. This was a global story. As the mayor of a small city, Lou didn’t have the resources or staff to screen everyone who asked him questions. 

On the first day the story broke, Lou did 27 interviews, from World News Tonight to Tucker Carlson. Lou had one assistant, not a team of consultants. He did interviews, not background checks. It would have been impossible to screen every group or reporter who asked him questions. He was defending the people he represented, and that meant if you asked him a tough question, he answered it. 

But when the KKK wanted to demonstrate in Hazleton, Lou turned them away. Lou said the KKK eats off the bottom of the aquarium, and he was threatened because of it. But he never backed down from these hate groups. Unlike CNN, which has repeatedly given David Duke a platform to spread his hateful message, Lou said no. Lou denounced David Duke and rejected his endorsement.

“Anyone who knows Lou and his family knows this attack is absurd. Senator Casey should be ashamed of himself for making these false attacks, and CNN should do a little research on the Barletta family before acting as Senator Casey’s mouthpiece. This is gutter politics at its worst, and it’s disappointing that Senator Casey is using these tactics to redirect focus from his failing record.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Lou Barletta is mad af

Shoulda got Lou Barlow instead?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

He's gonna sell it to Russians lol

or maybe to people who are just going to de-orbit it

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Lou Barletta is mad af

meh i would be too. its such a weak attack.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waffle House posted:

He's gonna sell it to Russians lol

or maybe to people who are just going to de-orbit it

Nah ftfy, 0G charter sex parties or gtfo. :frogout:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Nah ftfy, 0G charter sex parties or gtfo. :frogout:

Occam's as gently caress, I love it

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gender illusionist posted:

Welp that guy is a mass shooting waiting to happen.

Which is perfectly acceptable in the USA.

At this point its more like a Proud American Tradition.

You should ban all the guns so that the crazies start running around with concentrated acid instead. Much better.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Firefighters are bigger pricks than the police, in my experience. Glad they don't have guns, too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/AuthorKimberley/status/962820021964627968

Mayor responds

quote:

Mayor Ann Louise Wagner says she and firefighters have been aware that Gilbert, an unpaid volunteer with the department since 2010, is a sex offender. He was just elected to his second term.

“I support the fire department and their decision to have him as chief,” Wagner told the Journal. “The firemen have always elected their own officers and that’s how it’s always been done. We don’t question their decisions.”

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

DancingShade posted:

At this point its more like a Proud American Tradition.

You should ban all the guns so that the crazies start running around with concentrated acid instead. Much better.

I have a great idea. gently caress off.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Shameful, but not surprising

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What is appropriate employment for a registered sex offender anyway? I can't think of much.

Mining?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mayor is just like, hey man these guys have always been raping 4 year olds what’s the fuckin problem? :shrug:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

DancingShade posted:

What is appropriate employment for a registered sex offender anyway? I can't think of much.

Mining?

Well, not if they get rid of child labor arms. Those little arms are meant to be grabbing coal to learn the value of a dollar

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
ACA bad, capitalism good.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/11/health/aetna-california-investigation/index.html

California's insurance commissioner has launched an investigation into Aetna after learning a former medical director for the insurer admitted under oath he never looked at patients' records when deciding whether to approve or deny care.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

DancingShade posted:

Mining?

They'd get along with the other minors.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

DancingShade posted:

Mining?

We might want to keep this guy away from miners imo

e:f,b

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

California's insurance commissioner has launched an investigation into Aetna after learning a former medical director for the insurer admitted under oath he never looked at patients' records when deciding whether to approve or deny care.

quote:

Aetna:
"Dr. Iinuma's decision was correct," Aetna said in court papers. "Plaintiff has asserted throughout this litigation that Dr. Iinuma had no medical basis for his decision that 2011 lab tests were outdated and that Dr. Iinuma's decision was incorrect. Plaintiff is wrong on both counts."

Ahahahahaha get hosed Aetna. If you have IGG deficiency, you have IGG deficiency. It would be the same thing as an insurer denying treatment to an HIV positive patient because the last positive HIV test on file is "outdated".

This kind of poo poo is unfortunately extremely widespread. You basically have MDs in name only that graduated from medical school but never completed a residency/hosed up massively in some other way or 80+ year old retired MDs working in these "Claims Medical Director" positions that don't read poo poo or just use a magic 8 ball to make claims decisions.

I remember working on a prior auth for some patient a few months ago where a similar thing resulted with infusion therapy denials due to "lack of appropriate documentation". After faxing the patient's entire chart (200+ pages of chart notes, labs, CXRs, CT Scans, and other stuff extensively detailing the patient's condition from 7 years ago to present), insurance STILL denied it for "lack of appropriate documentation". Multiple calls to directly speak with these assholes yielded nothing with just a bunch of assholes reading off of scripts to get you off the phone. The patient's insurance company refused to cover poo poo until the patient's lawyer got involved and then all of a sudden there were no more documentation issues.

Thing is, not everyone has their own personal lawyer they can call on to release the hounds with situations like this. You as a patient basically hold no power unless you are rich enough to afford extensive legal counsel.

These insurance companies also do not keep up to date on the most accurate medical literature. Lets say the American Academy of Rheumatology or whatever unanimously approves some new blood test to more efficiently and quickly diagnose a condition. Said new test is listed as the "Gold Standard" for diagnosing x condition (is directly listed on their website/most recent clinical guidelines) and has unanimous support across the entire subspecialty, across the AMA, and with multiple NIH studies all confirming the specificity and utility of said test. If the insurance company is still running off of 2012 guidelines, they will deny coverage for the test "because it doesn't adhere to OUR most updated 2009 guidelines" and will straight up refuse to go off of 2017-2018 clinical guidelines "because it doesn't say that here in this piece of paper in front of me and I dun know how to use the interwebs.".

Avalanche fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 12, 2018

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

DancingShade posted:

Mining?

Depends on the severity of the crime, I guess. For molesting a 4-year-old, I guess an appropriate occupation would be Pig Feed.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The guy served his time

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Steve Bannon Said He 'Didn't Want To Be A Wet Nurse For A 71-Year-Old' As He Left White House, Author Claims

https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-bannon-said-apos-didn-230443430.html

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

Steve Bannon Said He 'Didn't Want To Be A Wet Nurse For A 71-Year-Old' As He Left White House, Author Claims

https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-bannon-said-apos-didn-230443430.html

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/809277661381918720

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Jesus, an even darker timeline, if you can imagine

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

this revised edition of grapes of wrath is very weird

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Jesus, an even darker timeline, if you can imagine

I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Gg America. Make sure you're immune to hyperbole by doing every insane over the top horrible thing first.

tbf its the same set of dickhole firefighters

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

And then he gets re-elected

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

My uncle had a Barletta. He let me drive it once and the police chased me and poo poo got weird so that was the end of that. It was red.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

His job was "let my house burn to the ground over 75 dollars" which is pretty lovely tho

Perhaps if they instituted some way of collecting a mandatory fee to cover the cost of a firefighting service? :thunk:

You can't allow people to pay the fee the moment their house is on fire for the same reason you can't allow people to sign up for health insurance the moment they get sick. The problem isn't the doctor (or firefighter), it's the system that lets people opt out, and the fools who choose to do so.

The moral of the story is:

1) Public goods should be paid for publically, particularly when people don't have the foresight to understand how catastrophic lack of coverage could be
2) Pay your insurance

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It so rare to see our vice president with a genuine smile on his face

https://twitter.com/lurie_john/status/962853854546137088

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

TotalLossBrain posted:

It so rare to see our vice president with a genuine smile on his face

https://twitter.com/lurie_john/status/962853854546137088

The Tonfa guy is clearly photoshopped. It appears Pence is standing in a horse stall...

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

fruit on the bottom posted:

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Retard President Trump is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "We”

Many (Such) cases!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

1redflag posted:

The Tonfa guy is clearly photoshopped. It appears Pence is standing in a horse stall...

Those look like coat hangers to me.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

It's almost like he's in a closet.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol if youre a guy with a cellphone case with art/colors on it

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Pence is a stable genius just like trump; but a different kind of stable

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Chinatown posted:

lol if youre a guy with a cellphone case with art/colors on it

My OtterBox is as black as my loving soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Burt Sexual posted:

Isn't Aetna the company that told a 16 year old girl who needed a liver transplant to gently caress off, which got her bumped from like spot #1 on the donor list to the bottom, then got sued and protested outside their global HQ, then as she lay dying in a hospital bed said 'yeah I guess we'll cover it' and then she died before they could wheel her into surgery?

sorry about the run-on sentence there