Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Basically all I’m hearing is that I should just stick with Thew.

You can't go wrong with Thew. He's got the correct taste in music, too.

Can't seem to track down that band Mouth, though. I'd buy that album based upon on the YouTube video for Lord Money if I could figure out where to. Maybe they're a lesser known UK band?

Keldroc posted:

Not weird, IMO. Emgo is max tier awkward nerd cringe factor. It's a shame, because he's really good at explaining complex transformations but I just can't take his weird sing-song fake British accent poo poo that he uses to cover for his lack of an actual personality. I wish he'd just, y'know, talk instead of doing the verbal equivalent of bad tap dancing.

Accurate.

Keldroc posted:

Thew and peaugh are the only ones I watch regularly, although I also like Ben now and again. peaugh is no-frills and kind of a klutz at transforming stuff on camera, but he's thorough and at least he doesn't make my ears bleed.

Same.

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

1) pretty sure suggesting this is a hate crime
2) we all know this would end terribly
3) equality doesn't mean we have to bring other social groups down to our level. We could rise to theirs for once.

They can't be worse than Emgo, though. They would probably elevate the medium by their presence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You can't go wrong with Thew. He's got the correct taste in music, too.

Can't seem to track down that band Mouth, though. I'd buy that album based upon on the YouTube video for Lord Money if I could figure out where to. Maybe they're a lesser known UK band?

It's the band he used to be in. They were very small and very local, and though they no longer exist, but their youtube channel does..

Also, Soundcloud

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

It's the band he used to be in. They were very small and very local, and though they no longer exist, but their youtube channel does..

Also, Soundcloud

:yayclod:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm redoing my displays and boxing up my MP cars for a while and man do I ever hate Hasbro Prowls box compared to the Takara boxes.

Edit:
PotP Grimlock is growing on me. He'll look even better when the PE kit drops.

UNRELATED anyone wanna buy an MP Grimlock?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 10, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apparently KO MPM Barricade already exists. Careful buying them from Asia, since they are often sold for normal prices.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Wait, so the KO is out already, ahead of the actual MP?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hun-grr looks really good as Abominus's torso. Transformation-wise he looks like a backwards Silverbolt, which I'm pretty sure someone here already speculated.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, so the KO is out already, ahead of the actual MP?

These have to be factory rejects, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

These have to be factory rejects, right?

Normally but in that case the supply is usually pretty small. With this one practically every e-tailer that sells KOs has them which is really weird.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Grabbed a full set of wave 2 legends from my Wal-Mart today in mid Missouri. They had probably 4 of each left with some overstocked on top. They had not been on brickseek and would not scan at check out so the clerk manually entered them as a misc. toy item.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Phy posted:

Hun-grr looks really good as Abominus's torso. Transformation-wise he looks like a backwards Silverbolt, which I'm pretty sure someone here already speculated.
http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/11/hand-images-power-primes-voyager-hun-gurr-358125
Yep, toe-to-tip, that's a Silverbolt. But it works, so whatever. A much more thorough reuse than Scattorshot.

Also there's an Elita-One gallery up, I'm not sure why they went with those holes in the wings, but otherwise she looks better than Starscream. I think the complimentary colors make it so her giant Popeye limbs don't stand out as much.
http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/11/hand-images-power-primes-voyager-elita-1-358205

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I am just not here for CW Round 2 :(

Thew postulated a good argument the other day, and I can’t say I disagree.

https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/962451841974984712

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I guess that's probably true if you've been paying attention to the toys and buying them for years and years.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

I am just not here for CW Round 2 :(

Thew postulated a good argument the other day, and I can’t say I disagree.

https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/962451841974984712

I’m a little bit interested in the terrorcons being finished, jeez!!!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Yes. If I were compelled to keep hoarding crap collecting there would still be a massive back catalog of stuff to hunt for that would keep me occupied for a long rear end time, or I'd just go track down old Lego sets I could never afford as a kid or something. Or just go back to living like a monk. Or just buy more weed.

Like I'm looking forward to new releases in general right now and some in particular like Optimal Optimus, but I don't need them to redo every Beast Wars character and I feel like there's a limit to how many times you can rehash the 80's guys, even when you get down to doing obscure variants like the G2 boxsets which I still can't believe exist

If their next thing is to redo the Unicron Trilogy stuff then I do have some middling nostalgia for some of it because *~memories~* of cutting class in high school to walk down to the mall to buy Energon Inferno and generally gently caress around, but beyond that I do think I see an end on the horizon as far as my buying new stuff is concerned.

Watch me eat my words before the end of 2018 though

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I mostly just think people should have a lot of hobbies and not get obsessed with any given one to the point where you're a weird completist buying poo poo you don't even want just because it exists.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I probably wouldn't miss most Hasbro stuff but there's so much 3P stuff looming that I want.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Being an internet celebrity with an open mailbag has its ups and downs, if you ever want to see what it's like when one goes off the deep end, go check out the Super Best Friends mailbags, in which they had mentioned on one of their podcasts that they heard of this super rad FIVE-TO-SIX HUNDRED DOLLAR Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ultra-limited-edition bluray/dvd/artbook/everything else ultimate boxed set and were dreaming of possibly owning it as a hypothetical...and then in one of their mailbags shortly after, someone had sent them one. And then they opened the next package in that mailbag and...someone else had sent them a second one. They shut down the mailbag shortly after. They put it really well, "we need to have a discussion about this later. Because this, this is Radioactive Man #1. We will KILL EACH OTHER over this." Also, people were sending them boxes full of weapons and sex toys from baddragon, so that was probably a factor in shutting it down too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWw9aBt_Jpc&hd=1&t=507s

I say this because Thew seems to have just had his first run-in with the probably well-meaning but unfortunately not-really-thought-out fan who sent him something he shouldn't have. He sent that winged combining leader movie optimus prime, except the entire trailer was destroyed and glued together, basically trash. Who wants that? And then you have to word it really carefully that you appreciate the gesture but to not send you garbage, and risk looking like a jerk if you do it wrong. Or telling people not to spend multiple week's paychecks worth on stuff they're sending you, in other cases. Thew could ABSOLUTELY fall down that slippery slope if he gets much more popular, which he seems to be quite rapidly becoming.

https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/962749592113688576

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

strangehamster posted:

I’m a little bit interested in the terrorcons being finished, jeez!!!

Terrorcons, Predacons, Seacons, all the rest of the Headmasters, Targetmasters, and Powermasters. I need all of these. Oh and Scorponok and Omega Supreme.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tighclops posted:

Yes. If I were compelled to keep hoarding crap collecting there would still be a massive back catalog of stuff to hunt for that would keep me occupied for a long rear end time, or I'd just go track down old Lego sets I could never afford as a kid or something. Or just go back to living like a monk. Or just buy more weed.

Like I'm looking forward to new releases in general right now and some in particular like Optimal Optimus, but I don't need them to redo every Beast Wars character and I feel like there's a limit to how many times you can rehash the 80's guys, even when you get down to doing obscure variants like the G2 boxsets which I still can't believe exist

If their next thing is to redo the Unicron Trilogy stuff then I do have some middling nostalgia for some of it because *~memories~* of cutting class in high school to walk down to the mall to buy Energon Inferno and generally gently caress around, but beyond that I do think I see an end on the horizon as far as my buying new stuff is concerned.

Watch me eat my words before the end of 2018 though

If they redo the Unicron Trilogy that's fine and I wish all parties involved well but I don't give a shiiiiiiiit about that stuff.

Redone Beast Wars/Machines? Mayyyyybe.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I mostly just think people should have a lot of hobbies and not get obsessed with any given one to the point where you're a weird completist buying poo poo you don't even want just because it exists.

Sound advice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Same but all movie bots, Thew

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

Being an internet celebrity with an open mailbag has its ups and downs, if you ever want to see what it's like when one goes off the deep end, go check out the Super Best Friends mailbags, in which they had mentioned on one of their podcasts that they heard of this super rad FIVE-TO-SIX HUNDRED DOLLAR Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ultra-limited-edition bluray/dvd/artbook/everything else ultimate boxed set and were dreaming of possibly owning it as a hypothetical...and then in one of their mailbags shortly after, someone had sent them one. And then they opened the next package in that mailbag and...someone else had sent them a second one. They shut down the mailbag shortly after. They put it really well, "we need to have a discussion about this later. Because this, this is Radioactive Man #1. We will KILL EACH OTHER over this." Also, people were sending them boxes full of weapons and sex toys from baddragon, so that was probably a factor in shutting it down too.

It wasn't even the Gurren Lagann blu-ray sets that made them shut down the mailbag - it was the fact that the mail NEVER slowed down - the guys were simply running out of room to put everything people were sending them. I think Woolie was sent 2-3 katanas in the final mailbag.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

It wasn't even the Gurren Lagann blu-ray sets that made them shut down the mailbag - it was the fact that the mail NEVER slowed down - the guys were simply running out of room to put everything people were sending them. I think Woolie was sent 2-3 katanas in the final mailbag.

There was also a box of live insects at one point. Was it ladybugs?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Also, people were sending them boxes full of weapons and sex toys from baddragon, so that was probably a factor in shutting it down too.

They made the wrong choice.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Canada kind of frowns upon illegal weapons being sent through their mail system and they probably didn't want to get in trouble with the police

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Oh nooo!!! Frown.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'm actually pretty close to just not caring anymore. I've got most of the dudes I care about that they're likely to make, and with the Dinobots coming out that's the top of my wishlist sorted to within tolerable margins of error. It'd be nice if they weren't compromised for combining purposes, but I can always just never buy Grimlock and not care.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Knormal posted:

Also there's an Elita-One gallery up, I'm not sure why they went with those holes in the wings, but otherwise she looks better than Starscream. I think the complimentary colors make it so her giant Popeye limbs don't stand out as much.
http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/11/hand-images-power-primes-voyager-elita-1-358205

Elita-One's thighs are screaming in existential horror.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, there’s more obscure ones to go (I’m surprised they haven’t tapped the Autobot targetmasters yet), but I could honestly be done tomorrow. I’d be sad we never got a new Omega Supreme, but I’d live.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
There's a few rare G1 guys I still want an update for.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
I’m waiting on the Firecons to be updated. Great idea, interesting personalities, wacky team interactions, godawful toys.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Well it was a good run. Pack it up, boys.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Tardigrade posted:

I’m waiting on the Firecons to be updated. Great idea, interesting personalities, wacky team interactions, godawful toys.

I think there's one that comes out in Wave 3 of PotP.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

pubic works project posted:

I think there's one that comes out in Wave 3 of PotP.

I wanna day it's a Slash recolor? There was a blurry pic with the "upcoming" stuff on it floating around.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Tardigrade posted:

I got Sparkstalker recently for an acceptable price, so I'm actually fine with them. A nice Cindersaur redecco of Slash would be good, but the other two are beyond my cuttoff for 80's silliness as far as modern updates go.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I just read the last two issues of Lost Light. Holey moley they are bad. I can't understand what the gently caress is going on.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

I just read the last two issues of Lost Light. Holey moley they are bad. I can't understand what the gently caress is going on.

Meanwhile in another TF thread I read, two pages have gone by of excited theorycrafting and discussion of the new issue. Another thread is similar but with added comments about how nice it was to not have Anode around.

I haven't read any recent Lost Light, but so far comparing and contrasting the reactions to the issues is at least as entertaining as reading them would be.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

at this point, there's a dozen storylines going on and Roberts can't decide which one to focus on. I don't I can even remember where the gently caress Rodimus and chums are going, while the latest issue ends with yet another pile of corpses, which makes two out of last three that have ended that way and I'm wondering which deus ex machina Roberts is going to pull out of his pocket to fix it. And again, I can't complain about the actual writing but holy gently caress are the actual stories he is telling absolute bobbins

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

at this point, there's a dozen storylines going on and Roberts can't decide which one to focus on. I don't I can even remember where the gently caress Rodimus and chums are going, while the latest issue ends with yet another pile of corpses, which makes two out of last three that have ended that way and I'm wondering which deus ex machina Roberts is going to pull out of his pocket to fix it. And again, I can't complain about the actual writing but holy gently caress are the actual stories he is telling absolute bobbins

Yeah the latest issue got me excited. "Oooooo Grimlock! Oooooo actual Deceptions!" and then that ending. Thanks Roberts!!! :argh:

At this point, I'm probably going to drop it until they do a soft reboot or something. I'm sick of him killing off everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Yeah the latest issue got me excited. "Oooooo Grimlock! Oooooo actual Deceptions!" and then that ending. Thanks Roberts!!! :argh:

At this point, I'm probably going to drop it until they do a soft reboot or something. I'm sick of him killing off everyone.

I keep telling myself I'm going to drop it, and at this point I'm hate reading it more than anything. If Til All Are One was still running I would have dropped it by now